Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 10:09 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
berryz wrote:

And the cheapest model is now 2000 euros flat, which is fantastic value for money.I'm really considering this bike for my next upgrade, but I'm still holding back until more people get them.I'm wondering if the medium would be too short for me, as I'm 1.81m in height (5 ft 11"), their site says I'm on the low-end of the Large spectrum...

Get the Large and drop the seatpost.

Yep, agree. Im only 2.5" taller. Seatpost is about 2" out of the seat tube and Im all legs...

I sat on both medium and large at Fort Bill, I am 5'9" will be going large, I have 32 1/2 in seam and post was a good inch out of the frame, could go either way but prefer a longer reach, my lad is 5'6" and he has ordered a medium although he has 32 inseam

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 11:28 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
photo

Sweet - the first comp received on the interweb!

Looks awesome - Interested in how it rides....

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
photo

I'm thinking of ordering this model.
I'm interested to see how it pedals without the lockout positions. On other brands in the past I've noticed that they often spec a firmer compression tune on the non adjust models and I'm wondering if Yt has done the same here.

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
photo

Won't find out for a while I've ripped my shoulder muscle ????

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
I took delivery of an AL this week and had my first spin yesterday.
First impression is the fecking size of the wheels. I am coming from years of 26" hard tail & 100mm full sus and have very limited 29er experience so I don't feel I can reliably comment on the ride. What is noticeable is the weight when climbing but once on the flat or facing downhill it rolls very well. Put it this way, personal best on metro 1, a mild twisty 1.7km descent with overinflated tyres, Euro-brakes and suspension factory set for a heavier rider.
I found it well balanced, easy to hop and jump and looking forward to getting out this weekend for a longer spin.
Re: the lack of lockout, the shocks can effectively be locked by manual turning of the shocks dials and they are accessible enough when climbing. When not locked the rear is fine climbing once you don't leave the saddle. Oh dear God, the saddle, first thing to change!

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 10:28 Quote
Fx-K wrote:
I took delivery of an AL this week and had my first spin yesterday.
First impression is the fecking size of the wheels. I am coming from years of 26" hard tail & 100mm full sus and have very limited 29er experience so I don't feel I can reliably comment on the ride. What is noticeable is the weight when climbing but once on the flat or facing downhill it rolls very well. Put it this way, personal best on metro 1, a mild twisty 1.7km descent with overinflated tyres, Euro-brakes and suspension factory set for a heavier rider.
I found it well balanced, easy to hop and jump and looking forward to getting out this weekend for a longer spin.
Re: the lack of lockout, the shocks can effectively be locked by manual turning of the shocks dials and they are accessible enough when climbing. When not locked the rear is fine climbing once you don't leave the saddle. Oh dear God, the saddle, first thing to change!

I changed the hoses straight over on the brakes and they don't require a bleed so anyone worried about this problem needent. Also by using 3 cable ties it has git the cables looking tidy. I can show you if you want.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 11:11 Quote
I changed the hoses straight over on the brakes and they don't require a bleed so anyone worried about this problem needent. Also by using 3 cable ties it has git the cables looking tidy. I can show you if you want.
[/Quote][/Quote]

Cheers for the offer Scotty, I'll put your tip to use.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
I'll bet no one keeps that razor saddle. Why oh why YT did you choose such a SHIT saddle? The dusters on the capra are bearable. But this piece of sharp wood is unbearable.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 21:54 Quote
Scotthep wrote:
Thinking of ordering one , what's the best way of paying if I'm in the uk .?

Done a little search and people are saying use a company like hifx .? Is it a simple process .?

I used hifx to pay for my cf pro, great service and no charge. I paid on a Saturday and Yt received the money Monday morning, no complaints here pal.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 21:56 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
I'll bet no one keeps that razor saddle. Why oh why YT did you choose such a SHIT saddle? The dusters on the capra are bearable. But this piece of sharp wood is unbearable.

I hear that pal.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
photo

Pretty garden mate!!!! Wink when I can gather the money I will b ordering one these

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 3:57 Quote
Had mine (CF Comp 1 XL) on order since May - was saying delivery due 26th June (and still is) but at the weekend I had an email saying can't do delivery week 26 due to a missing part, looking like being week 30 earliest Cry

Anyone else had this or know what part they're missing? I fear it's the frame.....

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
I had a chance to use the Onza Ibex tyres in the wet for the first time at the weekend, a warning to others is even at 25 psi they don't like wet roots, think oil on polished metal, no grip, however they were fine in the dry although the rear was a bit on the draggy side,

My solution is a Magic Mary up front and a Racing Ralph on the rear but it is down to personal preference.

Just wanted to give folk a heads up before they end up hugging a tree on their first greasy ride out, bike is still brilliant so far.

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 10:52 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
I had a chance to use the Onza Ibex tyres in the wet for the first time at the weekend, a warning to others is even at 25 psi they don't like wet roots, think oil on polished metal, no grip, however they were fine in the dry although the rear was a bit on the draggy side,

My solution is a Magic Mary up front and a Racing Ralph on the rear but it is down to personal preference.

Just wanted to give folk a heads up before they end up hugging a tree on their first greasy ride out, bike is still brilliant so far.

Agree - very much summer dry tyres. Lost the front end a wet root last week!

I'm putting a Magic Mary up front and a Nobby Nic 2.35 Trailstar on the rear...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.084503
Mobile Version of Website