Post your All Mountain bike!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post your All Mountain bike!
O+ FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
bigquotesThe wife and I are talking of getting a tallboy as a 3rd trail bike between the two of us. Ridiculous as it may sound, we would have a full suspension bike for all occasions and if one was out of commission at any time we would still have one each

If I had wife buy in like you Id also have a V10 Smile

I like the old mk3 Tallboy, very much an XC verging on trail bike, still not decided on the new one.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 23:11 Quote
A dh bike just doesn't make sense for me. Our previous lineup was an Aurum C2, Trek Remedy and V1 Hightower. I was enjoying the Remedy at Whistler more so than the Aurum, and the wife usually ended up riding the Aurum as a result. The Aurum collected dust most of the year.. Any of the three bikes we intend on having will likely see me riding all of them weekly. Maybe eventually down the line our collection will include a dh bike, but the Megatower and the Hightower ride park plenty well enough for the maybe 3 or 4 times a year we ride park.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 13:20 Quote
dirty biek

Bikepark today, was slippery af. New wheels are riding like a treat.
Also swung a leg over the new Transition Sentinel, that thing is cool af. Looks better in person than in the pictures.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
Oh yeah..that's a good looking meta

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 20:22 Quote
New rubber Assegai 2.5 wt exo Aggressor 2.5 wt dd
Having some fun on this currently.

FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

It’s amazing how much room is inside that frame. I bet you could get three more bottles in there!

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

It’s amazing how much room is inside that frame. I bet you could get three more bottles in there!

Maybe, there are three bolts on the down tube, really, I might just get a bigger bottle!

Super happy with the build but want to upgrade the fork and front wheel. Currently it’s a 2016 fork and non boost front wheel. Maybe time to upgrade.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
What started as my budget hardtail build. 2020 Chromag Rootdown.

Spank 350 Vibrocore wheelset
SLX 1x11
XT four piston brakes
OneUp 210mm dropper

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

FL
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

Spank 350 Vibrocore wheelset
SLX 1x11
XT four piston brakes
OneUp 210mm dropper

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Very clean!

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

photo

Nice topcap!

FL
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:

Medium Mountains
photo

That Highlander is a strong possibility for my next bike. Need to try get a demo in Ireland somehow.

Here's my 2017 patrol still going strong.

photo

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
Lambkoes wrote:
That Highlander is a strong possibility for my next bike. Need to try get a demo in Ireland somehow.

Worth dropping them (Ben) an email, If enough people get in contact, it might be worth them going over. Failing that, if you're ever over here, and they can't help, give me a shout...

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 3:41 Quote
[/Quote]

Worth dropping them (Ben) an email, If enough people get in contact, it might be worth them going over. Failing that, if you're ever over here, and they can't help, give me a shout...[/Quote]

Cheers for the offer..... most kind tup tup

Have contacted them alright and they said they are working on getting demo's in Ireland but obviously within the current climate things are all on hold. Hopefully next year if things settle down they'll get something.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
Pretty much done with the build for now. Rides solid, right at 30lbs with soooo much room to drop weight, and handles like a charm. Ran it through it's paces today on a surprise day off, and such a smooth bike other than pedal strikes every now and then.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027424
Mobile Version of Website