Trials bike I can use for Street ?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Trials bike I can use for Street ?
O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:01 Quote
hanley wrote:
yeah, that way i can get a seat tube up the ass

Then put a seat on...

A trials bike is not just a seatless bmx. And besides, if you're slipping pedals and landing on your seat, how would it be any better on a trials bike?

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:02 Quote
Which is what i asked. jesus.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:05 Quote
hanley wrote:
Which is what i asked. jesus.

So you literally thought a trials bike was a seatless bmx? And because you never sit down, you don't need a seat. But you don't want a seattube up your ass (obviously); you'd much prefer a farther fall to a tire up the ass.

Did I miss anything?

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:08 Quote
Ok, f*ck you. I was asking if a trials bike rode like a bmx bike. And if i could use it for street. Some people were helpful

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:14 Quote
hanley wrote:
Ok, f*ck you. I was asking if a trials bike rode like a bmx bike. And if i could use it for street. Some people were helpful

It rides like a trials bike, not a bmx.

You can use it for street, but it won't work as well for bmx style riding (something best left to bmx bikes, whereas trials riding is best left to trials bikes)

A few geometry charts and some common sense would go a long way...

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 4:08 Quote
corsair711 wrote:
hanley wrote:
how badly different? like, i would trade my sunday for one. I dont sit, so could i still 180, hop, etc? would i need to adjust a ton

Why are you doing this? What made you want one?

Right now you sound like a dumb kid buying into the current trial fad kicked off by Danny.
This is not nice at all. You took his words and completely twisted them around. He was simply asking for a trials bike that you can ride street style on, and he comes from a bmx background. Take the thumb out of your ass.

It's possible to ride street on a trials bike. It won't be similar to your bmx at all, but once you get the hang of it, everything will come easier.

This guy rides a trials specific mod, but he comes from a BMX background

I ride a 24" Inspired fourplay and enjoy it a lot. I've also ridden trials specific bikes. Quiet different.

My advice, if you come from a street background go with a 24" street trials bike:
http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?category_id=50

Here is a guy on a 24" street trials:
Views: 1,041    Faves: 13    Comments: 4

The trials bikes will definately be harder to spin and do manuals on, but it's possible.
Cheers.

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 4:38 Quote
Alrex wrote:
This is not nice at all. You took his words and completely twisted them around. He was simply asking for a trials bike that you can ride street style on, and he comes from a bmx background. Take the thumb out.

In all fairness he did make himself a easy target when his only given reason for wanting to get a trials bike is that he doesn't use his seat anyways.

If you're going to ask questions and be taken seriously, at the very least you should demonstrate some understanding of what it is that you're asking about. Show people that you actually did some of your own research beforehand and you're a lot more likely to be assisted.

What type of riding do you even plan on doing with this bike? Are you going to be riding street trials or are you just looking for a street bike? You can't just say that you ride whatever, its makes it pretty hard for those who know to apply their knowledge to make a reccomendation.

Mod
Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
Yes, a trials bike can be used for street. A road bike can be used for street. It will just be very hard to ride.

When I was starting out, trials bikes pretty much didn't exist. There was a Norco 26" trials bike, and a GT 20" trials bike. I could have bought a brand new BMX bike for the same price as a used 20" GT Team Trials. So I did a lot of asking around trying to figure out if a BMX bike could be easily converted into a trials bike.

Short answer, no. It was a waste of time. I bought the GT.

If you are looking for a street bike, buy a street bike.

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 12:08 Quote
Alrex wrote:
corsair711 wrote:
hanley wrote:
how badly different? like, i would trade my sunday for one. I dont sit, so could i still 180, hop, etc? would i need to adjust a ton

Why are you doing this? What made you want one?

Right now you sound like a dumb kid buying into the current trial fad kicked off by Danny.
This is not nice at all. You took his words and completely twisted them around. He was simply asking for a trials bike that you can ride street style on, and he comes from a bmx background. Take the thumb out of your ass.

It's possible to ride street on a trials bike. It won't be similar to your bmx at all, but once you get the hang of it, everything will come easier.

snip
This guy rides a trials specific mod, but he comes from a BMX background

I ride a 24" Inspired fourplay and enjoy it a lot. I've also ridden trials specific bikes. Quiet different.

My advice, if you come from a street background go with a 24" street trials bike:
snip

Here is a guy on a 24" street trials:
snip

The trials bikes will definately be harder to spin and do manuals on, but it's possible.
Cheers.

thank you for being one of the few helpful people

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 18:40 Quote
Alrex-

How have I twisted his words around? I'm going off all of the information he's given us. At this point we know that he wants to replace his Sunday BMX with a trials bike, and when I questioned why, he said he doesn't sit down.

This isn't someone with extensive background in either BMXing or Trials riding. This is someone who wanted to get a trials bike to replace his BMX because he doesn't sit down. Blank Stare

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054030
Mobile Version of Website