sram x.9 or x.7

PB Forum :: SRAM
sram x.9 or x.7
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 6:47 Quote
I run X.7 shifter and derailler and it works amazing, I guess if you have the money go with the X.9 or X.0, but unless your flying through gears alot the X.7 works fine, and isnt a load to replace when it gets sheared off.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
no my wheel was fine all spokes were true its only a month old they were all tight

you dont have to keep arguing that sram is better go ahead and buy it if your so sure.

Just my oppoion that shimano ultgera is way better.
Basing your opinion on just that one incident isn't too smart. The same would happen with an X9, an XT, a Campagnolo or a Suntour; if a derailleur is caught in the spokes, for any reason, then it will shred your wheel apart, regardless of the brand. Shimano is good, but I prefer SRAM's thumb-thumb action and crisper shifting.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
ok go with the sram but before u waste ur money go ask around some bike shops that know what there talking about.
sram x9 today on my down hill race run broke and took out a deemax wheel so i just kinda pissed off about it, but i never liked sram before it happend eiter

last sentance, and ive also have other friends who have ran into problems with their sram components.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
santacruzer1 wrote:
ok go with the sram but before u waste ur money go ask around some bike shops that know what there talking about.
sram x9 today on my down hill race run broke and took out a deemax wheel so i just kinda pissed off about it, but i never liked sram before it happend eiter

last sentance, and ive also have other friends who have ran into problems with their sram components.

I've had an SRAM AND a Shimano derailer take out a rear wheel. If I hated them both, and refused to use them, where would that leave me? Anyone serious about racing has also probably broken both as well. A simple "It broke, I hate the company forever" attitude doesn't fly in a world of aggressive riding. Maybe the derailer really isn't the problem??

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
ive broke a sram x.9 and a shimano xtr, im not saying shimano is the way better just the ultgera, and thats my oppoion road duiraler with a road cassette is the best. its way faster and way more clearence on rocks and other things u might run into on a trail

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
ive broke a sram x.9 and a shimano xtr, im not saying shimano is the way better just the ultgera, and thats my oppoion road duiraler with a road cassette is the best. its way faster and way more clearence on rocks and other things u might run into on a trail

I'm not saying your wrong or anything, but I'm a little curious how that works, because road bikes are 10 speeds? how does that work with a 9 speed wheel set?

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
i never thought about that, but i use to have a ultgera duriller on my santa cruz bullit, it worked great, 9 speeds i would guess the shifter is 9 speeds and it just pulls the cable through 9 gears, thats just a guess

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
i never thought about that, but i use to have a ultgera duriller on my santa cruz bullit, it worked great, 9 speeds i would guess the shifter is 9 speeds and it just pulls the cable through 9 gears, thats just a guess
bamo

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
We aren't talking about Sram&Shimano, we're talking about sram x.7&x.9
I think I'll get X.9 or X.7 derailleur and X.7 shifter.
I heard that the short cage of X.9 is plastic, but med/long are metall, are they?

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
the shortage x9 is carbon not plastic.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
dg85 wrote:
Maybe you mean composite (kind of strong plastic), carbon only in X.0

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
bars wrote:
dg85 wrote:
Maybe you mean composite (kind of strong plastic), carbon only in X.0
yea bit like what the bit where it says sram x-9 on it. was suppose to put carbon composite not just carbon. not paying attention.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
x9 good stuff you cant go wrong.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
would anybody recommend x.7 rear mech, and x.9 shifter? or is that just silly and it's x.9 shifter and rear mech alllll the way?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018362
Mobile Version of Website