Which universities have downhill tracks close at hand?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Which universities have downhill tracks close at hand?
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 22:11 Quote
TRU in kamloops BC, we have rose hill, and valleyview like 15 min from the college, then there is harper and sun peaks about 45 min - 1hour away

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
draco-57 wrote:
djbuilder wrote:
nishnash wrote:

hahahaha funny, whistler is like 30mins away, well my dad can do it in 30mins. and there is plenty of beautiful riding around here, also capilano university (formerly cap college), and teh fraser valley university.

Well considering whistler is 123km from Vancouver I doubt your dad is driving the sea to sky at 246km/hr along a winding road with single lane traffic in most areas, but nice try. Unless of course you don't actually live in Vancouver.

hey man he failed to mention that his dad drives one of these..

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.gtchannel.com/files/bike3.jpg

How could I have been so naive? Of course don't we all?

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
Duh he was! lol I wish! But that time was from horseshoe bay to whistler

FL
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
Ive got an even better idea, go to capilano university on the sunshine coast and take the mountain bike operations course. Then you get to ride your bike for school, and you can ride all year. Check it out, unless you've already got an idea of what you want to take, the go to University of Victoria. I would say it's about 80% girls there. Smile Smile Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
I hear U-Vic is slut central!!!!!!! And yer, Cap-U is pretty sick 2, it is formerly known as Cap-College to prevent future confusion.....

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
camosun college has the hartland bike park five mins away

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
Is Slut-Central a sales pitch?

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
Donno, thats just what a few friends of mine that go there say.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
UCSC all the way!!! santa cruz has some of the sickest trail riding in all of California!! with a wide range for all riding types from dj to dh to xc to fr/am!! SAnta cruz is the hub for coastal riding. the are miles of trails just above campus, literally park at the camps fire station and you are there. With Soquel Demo right down the cost, nothing beats it!

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
nishnash wrote:

Sounds like the Herp to me, but some people might be into that.

FL
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
hustler wrote:
nishnash wrote:

Sounds like the Herp to me, but some people might be into that.

You know it!

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
Hahahahha, dirty!

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
UCSC for sure. I Hear davis has some good DH, but UCSC has more variety as well as some sick jumps and ladders, etc. Plus nothing beats flying downhill through a forest knowing that with one false move your in a tree. I highly recommend it.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
Anywhere in the Okanagan:
Tons of places to ride, maybe not right at hand, but within an hours drive you have plenty of options.
UBC:
Flat, not much to ride other than street, but relatively easy access to North Shore and surrounding areas.
SFU:
Takes me 1 minute to rip to trail-head, 15 minutes to rip down, catch a bus back up (for free), repeat. SFU is right on the peak of Burnaby Mountain, so trails down allo sides. Trails are mostly flowy single-track, but you can definitely go FAST. Burnaby Mountain Bike Park on the backside, the likes of which I have yet to see in a municipal bike park; big set is huge, 20 ft. C-wall, a few pump tracks, progressive jumps, several wall rides and skill development zones... 20 mins to North Shore, 30 mins to Woodlot, ~1.5 hours to Whistler (or however long everyone wants to bicker about it taking), Squamish on the way to Whistler, Abbotsford and Chilliwack (awesome riding in both) 1-1.5 hours away.
Depressing? It actually rains the same amount up here as it does in Vancouver... as for the architecture, it WAS designed by a guy whose career was spent designing penitentiaries, but I love it up here. Tons of urban, beautiful sunsets, extremely health conscious, snows up here when Vancouver gets rain, people are awesome.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
skizzer wrote:
Anywhere in the Okanagan:
Tons of places to ride, maybe not right at hand, but within an hours drive you have plenty of options.
UBC:
Flat, not much to ride other than street, but relatively easy access to North Shore and surrounding areas.
SFU:
Takes me 1 minute to rip to trail-head, 15 minutes to rip down, catch a bus back up (for free), repeat. SFU is right on the peak of Burnaby Mountain, so trails down allo sides. Trails are mostly flowy single-track, but you can definitely go FAST. Burnaby Mountain Bike Park on the backside, the likes of which I have yet to see in a municipal bike park; big set is huge, 20 ft. C-wall, a few pump tracks, progressive jumps, several wall rides and skill development zones... 20 mins to North Shore, 30 mins to Woodlot, ~1.5 hours to Whistler (or however long everyone wants to bicker about it taking), Squamish on the way to Whistler, Abbotsford and Chilliwack (awesome riding in both) 1-1.5 hours away.
Depressing? It actually rains the same amount up here as it does in Vancouver... as for the architecture, it WAS designed by a guy whose career was spent designing penitentiaries, but I love it up here. Tons of urban, beautiful sunsets, extremely health conscious, snows up here when Vancouver gets rain, people are awesome.

yeah I was refering to the achitecture. I dont understand why schools hired ppl who normally build prisons, U of Guelph did that for one of thier res (South) n its kinda shitty, it also doesnt match the rest of probably one of the nicest campuses in canada. I guess its in the best interestes of the school, if the halls are designed to thwart large parties

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025993
Mobile Version of Website