New Frame Deisgn (not a joke)

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
New Frame Deisgn (not a joke)
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
my 12 year old mate foud out how both the frams would not work lollol lol Emo Emo Geek

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
fireman- wrote:
To me it looks like your trying to make this...Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/images/CovertGallery08Black1.jpg
problem is thats a single pivot spags bike has no precise axle path.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
spag wrote:
erik74 wrote:
spag wrote:
photo

should make it a tad clearer
ok, that makes a lot more sense, now i can analyze it...

edit:

alright, its sorta floating.the thing is though, if the wheel if pulled back, it will pull on the shock

just about every bike is like that, look into any single pivot, if you pull wheel down it pulls on the shock
not down, back. as in stretching the wheelbase...

most FS bikes have a chain stay and "seat" stay if you will, like a HT. i dont know all the terms u use with FS bikes, but the chain stay prevents the wheel from being hit and pushed back (increasing the wheelbase). with this design, the wheel can be pushed back, causing it to pull the shock

edit:i just realized that since the wheel would also be pushed up (i cant see how you would manage to get more force pushed on the wheel than up) the force would out weigh the pushed back force and compress the shock, if im thinking straight

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
fireman- wrote:
To me it looks like your trying to make this...Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/images/CovertGallery08Black1.jpg
problem is thats a single pivot spags bike has no precise axle path.

thats not the problem, thats the point

the wheel can move where ever it needs 2 go

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
it does make sense, but if it was to have the up and back motion at the same time its going to want the shock to do 2 different things, compress it and pull it out.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Re the yellow and pink connected to the rest of the linkage by anything?

the pink is connected to the main frame by the lower pivot around the bb,

The pink is connected to the yellow through the top main pivot.

the yellow is connected to the linkage via the pivot on the orange

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
epicgravityfreak wrote:
maybe i'm missing something, but it looks to me like in order for the wheel to move away from the frame the shock could not be at full travel or it would top out.
truthfully this stuff is over my head i am just trying to understand it for myself

ok let me explain it better, the yellow moves up, the pink moves toward the front of the frame.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
So far this makes no sense, and all I seem to get is that the yellow bar will swing around freely which would be horrible. But the chances are that is a misunderstanding.

You mentioned you have linkage, right? So the good thing to do would be, screen record it, then post the video.

Oh, and if you are really sure your linkage is the be all and end all, I'd get a patent on it prompt.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
photo

there ya go that is the bike compressed, not sure if you will get an idea of how it works.

the problem with linkage (demo) is that you cant use screen shots, i already tried.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
i know how it works... but in the picture it is compressed from the wheel going up. and it would extend when the wheel goes back. but trying doing both at once, its just going to stay in one spot and act like a hardtail.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
dude im sorry bro, i know your really amped about this idea and shit, but it just doesnt work.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
i think its gunna work and its gunna be sick probs for thinking this up man

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
merkel wrote:
dude im sorry bro, i know your really amped about this idea and shit, but it just doesnt work.
agreed!

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
2 things, 1, where can i download linkage to make a frame like yours to see how it works, and 2, heres a random idea i came up with, a suspension design using magnets, for once, a wheel that is actually suspended, not attached to anything. if u have ever seen the mythbusters playing with earth magnets, you know how strong they are. use some of those and i doubt you would ever loose your wheel. btw, i said the yellow thing were steel, but they could also be magnets, i dont know how much the magnets could hold if you were out riding...
photo
this is just a random idea. maybe only worthy of XC riding....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017840
Mobile Version of Website