Powered by Outside

I need help to persuade my parents to let me start xc racing

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I need help to persuade my parents to let me start xc racing
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
ok lets get this sorted

1. sam stop being a prick about that £1500 bike thing i have got a job so can get a bike worth that much (like today ive just come back from work after earning £80)

2.this isnt another one of my pointless threads i realy am going to start racing if i can persuade my dad to let me that is

3.sam i dont ride shitty little argos ramps /crate ramps any more i go to places like dalby forest and stainburn (stainburn is 10 minuets away from my house Smile
if i can ill get my dad to take some pictures of me riding at stainburn tomorrow and ill post it on here so you can see for yourself .

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
help!!! i want to start racing xc to pass the time untill i get my downhill bike but my parents are thinking im going to hurt myself i need help persuading them to let me.

i was thinking i could get some armor and then ask him but what do you think ?

i think DH crashes hurt more than XC... no. i dont think it's common sense... so idk lol an armour for XC? waste... just get a light fr BIKE...

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
tell them u're gay and they'll let you race XC.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
ok lets get this sorted

1. sam stop being a prick about that £1500 bike thing i have got a job so can get a bike worth that much (like today ive just come back from work after earning £80)

2.this isnt another one of my pointless threads i realy am going to start racing if i can persuade my dad to let me that is

3.sam i dont ride shitty little argos ramps /crate ramps any more i go to places like dalby forest and stainburn (stainburn is 10 minuets away from my house Smile
if i can ill get my dad to take some pictures of me riding at stainburn tomorrow and ill post it on here so you can see for yourself .

1. so why don't you buy a bike?

2. i think this is a pretty pointless thread

3. looking forward to it!

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:
ok cheers guys. my dad thinks stainburn is less dangerous than xc racing is (he hasnt seen me go off the 5 ft rock drop there yetBig Grin ) im gonna show him some xc racing videos and take him to stainburn to show him how not dangerous it is lol and now he is saying that im nieve because he thinks its dangerous as you go fast, thease are his words "you might go so fast you could crash into a tree or fall of and the handlebars smack you in the ribbs or just crash and brake something" hes being super cautious at the moment as i had a recent axident where i crashed waring no helmet and smashed my face in.and as far as the transporting me thing goes my dad likes camping so we could just go camping every time i have a race Smile

buy a full face and armor.

Ride trails

Get good

Stop making stupid endless threads, you're getting on the collective pinkbike community's tits.

you gotta have a lot of stamina to race, or yea, you'll make a fool of your self... and i know what i'm on about lol, depending on the track though... my dad cant say that coz when he was 18 he crashed a motorbike, at night, with no lights... smart of him... and cant use his left leg and right arm, so when it comes to hitting something i think twice, sometimes i thinkt hree times... Razz

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:16 Quote
stryke wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:
ok lets get this sorted

1. so why don't you buy a bike?= i have to pay my dad back for £250 i borrowed for him wich i will have done in 2-3 weeks ive allso just payd for the ski trip im going on in easter wich cost me £700 aswell so im saving up for a new bike very soon and will probably have enough money for one by summer Big Grin

2. i think this is a pretty pointless thread =in what way if i want to start racing

3. looking forward to it!=good Smile

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
skiing trip at easter? where are you going?

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:21 Quote
mtbkr123456789 wrote:
tell them u're gay and they'll let you race XC.

Lol lol that was meanly funny

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
bigbluebike wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:
ok cheers guys. my dad thinks stainburn is less dangerous than xc racing is (he hasnt seen me go off the 5 ft rock drop there yetBig Grin ) im gonna show him some xc racing videos and take him to stainburn to show him how not dangerous it is lol and now he is saying that im nieve because he thinks its dangerous as you go fast, thease are his words "you might go so fast you could crash into a tree or fall of and the handlebars smack you in the ribbs or just crash and brake something" hes being super cautious at the moment as i had a recent axident where i crashed waring no helmet and smashed my face in.and as far as the transporting me thing goes my dad likes camping so we could just go camping every time i have a race Smile

Ride trails

Get good

Stop making stupid endless threads, you're getting on the collective pinkbike community's tits.

you gotta have a lot of stamina to race, or yea, you'll make a fool of your self... and i know what i'm on about lol, depending on the track though... my dad cant say that coz when he was 18 he crashed a motorbike, at night, with no lights... smart of him... and cant use his left leg and right arm, so when it comes to hitting something i think twice, sometimes i thinkt hree times... Razz

i have good stamina as before i started mtb'ing i did cross country running and my dad did something similar to yours on a motorbike but he sustained not as worse injuries as your dad did but his motorbike jacket set on fire when he skidded along the road

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:23 Quote
stryke wrote:
skiing trip at easter? where are you going?

tonale in italy Big Grin

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:38 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
bigbluebike wrote:

Ride trails

Get good

i have good stamina as before i started mtb'ing i did cross country running and my dad did something similar to yours on a motorbike but he sustained not as worse injuries as your dad did but his motorbike jacket set on fire when he skidded along the road

yea damn motorbikes! Razz i dont know why everybody is telling you you shouldnt race... i guess you should practice before, like in short trails you made or other places... but to start racing right away isnt possible i think you gotta get used to the bike and all, the extra weight! makes a big diference, before i could tabletop with my sh*t XC bike, but not with the 20kg DH one Frown

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 9:43 Quote
If I were you I would save yourself from the embarrasment. You dont wear armor racing xc you will look like a fool. Ride your local trails and find a group of xc rider before racing so you at least know where you stand. Then maybe start racing.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
bigbluebike wrote:

Ride trails

Get good

Cross country running and Xc riding are different i had a trial run for county but im rubbish at Xc its not as easy as you think

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
snook wrote:
dixn wrote:
How about you go in the middle and ride...
ready... 4X !
Combines elemnts of xc (endurance) and Dh (speed) Big Grin

I'm a bit late but have you ever actually raced 4X? DH is waay more about endurance than 4X, normal 4X races last about 35 seconds.

I used to race BMX and i was so worn ot after every lap.
I Assumed 4x was a Big boys version of BMX racing Big Grin

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
it is you just dont have to pedal as much

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012243
Mobile Version of Website