Powered by Outside

P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?

PB Forum :: Specialized
P.2 Cr-Mo... What do you think?
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 22:27 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
The '08s are Coil/MCU(Elastomer spring) so no air. And I didnt say anything about weight, but I am right. No rebound adjuster, no air, just set up as stock and thats all.

08 marzocchi dj2s have an air preload chamber in one side, while the other side is a spring and cold-forged crowns. mine weighs in at about 6 pounds.

and whoever said a p2 cromo stock weighs 40 pounds... WTF?

it's more like 35, or at the very most, 35 and a half. my p2 alloy was 34.5 bone-stock, now 31 after a crank and tire swap, and singlespeeded (with the cassette and shifter left on). my alloy frame couldn't be more than a pound lighter than the cromo frame, and both p2s have the same components other than the brakes.
I did, and the 07 does weigh shy over 40 lbs. i'v weighed it

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 22:35 Quote
besoshort wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
The '08s are Coil/MCU(Elastomer spring) so no air. And I didnt say anything about weight, but I am right. No rebound adjuster, no air, just set up as stock and thats all.

08 marzocchi dj2s have an air preload chamber in one side, while the other side is a spring and cold-forged crowns. mine weighs in at about 6 pounds.

it's more like 35, or at the very most, 35 and a half. my p2 alloy was 34.5 bone-stock, now 31 after a crank and tire swap, and singlespeeded (with the cassette and shifter left on). my alloy frame couldn't be more than a pound lighter than the cromo frame, and both p2s have the same components other than the brakes.
I did, and the 07 does weigh shy over 40 lbs. i'v weighed it

wow, i was not expecting that... i'm really surprised. i wonder what makes it so heavy... is the frame even hollow?

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 5:01 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:

Sorry I was referring to the DJ3 08. And the 08 DJ2 sounds remarkably like the 07 DJ3 specs...

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 8:59 Quote
yeah, it's a brick either way. i'm hoping to go for a 4x/pike/argyle409 later on.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 9:44 Quote
my 07 dj3's that came on my p2-crmo burst seals after 2 weeks of riding!
Pikes are the way to go, im changing my frame for something a little smaller though soon.

But overall my crmo is amazing for almost everything!
I run front and rear juicy7;s with 203mm rotors so ive always got the braking power.

Beer

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 9:47 Quote
i don't like asymmetric rear ends with a dished wheel, not sure about you though.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 9:57 Quote
i think a normal p2 is the way to go mine can take anything you throw at it

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 10:27 Quote
yeh i was going to buy my mates, but im guna get something diferent now. Maybe a short sus bike, slopestyle!

=] Beer

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:20 Quote
matt-beer wrote:
i don't like asymmetric rear ends with a dished wheel, not sure about you though.

Don't get me started. If you're going to make a single speed version of a bike, a) use a single speed hub, b) use standard hub position, c) why provide a mech hanger?

It is so annoying because the wheels are not interchangable, so I need to have wheels made up dishless by people who can do it, because not everyone has the equipment.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 17:32 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
matt-beer wrote:

Don't get me started. If you're going to make a single speed version of a bike, a) use a single speed hub, b) use standard hub position, c) why provide a mech hanger?

It is so annoying because the wheels are not interchangable, so I need to have wheels made up dishless by people who can do it, because not everyone has the equipment.

are you talking about the p1?

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 23:17 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
matt-beer wrote:

Yes I am.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 23:39 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:

Yes I am.

well specialized has to save some money, and by not making a whole other frame and wheelset for their ss p bike, they save money and most people are happy, except for some nitpickers who want a ss spaced hub and non-dished wheel. those wheels are shared amongst all hardrocks, p1s and p2s. the mech hanger is obviously for someone who wants to make their p1 geared, and all they have to do is stick a cassette, extra links, a derailleur and chainguide on

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

Yes I am.

well specialized has to save some money, and by not making a whole other frame and wheelset for their ss p bike, they save money and most people are happy, except for some nitpickers who want a ss spaced hub and non-dished wheel. those wheels are shared amongst all hardrocks, p1s and p2s. the mech hanger is obviously for someone who wants to make their p1 geared, and all they have to do is stick a cassette, extra links, a derailleur and chainguide on

actauly a whole new chain. the kmc ss chains don't go with derailors.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 16:39 Quote
besoshort wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:

Yes I am.

actauly a whole new chain. the kmc ss chains don't go with derailors.

Haha, classic. I'm not nit-picking. Merely saying. Anyway why put the 6mm offset there in the 1st place?

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:35 Quote
"well specialized has to save some money for their lower end bikes, and by not making a different rear wheel for their ss p bike, they save money and most people are happy" that part lol

that way, they only make one wheelset for both p1s and p2s. and so people who bought the p1 when they didn't have enough money for a p2, then want to go geared, aren't stuck with getting a new hub.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022213
Mobile Version of Website