Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 5:06 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
heres a list of complete idiots that were christian
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html
EDIT: Ok is it really that much harder to beleive in a God that created everything perfectly within 10k years . . or to beleive that trial and error over billions of years to create the "homo sapiens" and if we were evolving why isnt there more half monkey half people walking around? And why arent there vast amounts of remains in the earth showing vast amounts of half human half monkey remains?

acceptable...

[Quoten]
yep christians are complete idiots . . [/Quoten]

Not acceptable.... Theres no need for name calling...

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
Yes I realize that theories are widely accepted... I'm just saying the way you put it made it sound like there is no room for interpretation or anything...

Personally I believe in evolution but with some supernatural power pushing it along...

As for the origin of organic matter... I'm aware you can recreate some simple amino acids... but until the 20 essential ones can be created I'll remain a skeptic... Currently the body produces I think 12 and 8 are found in nature... If they came from the moon my question remains (but apparently doesn't pertain to evolution)... How were there amino acids on the moon... Or how was there even a moon... but I don't think anyone has a reasonable argument for any of that... and until stuff like this is proven I'll continue being a skeptic of evolution without any sort of supernatural interference.

That's just you trying to push your stupid god theory into anything that disproves it..sorry but religious people, specificly christians, are the dumbest people on the planet.
yep christians are complete idiots . . heres a list of complete idiots that were christian
EDIT: Ok is it really that much harder to beleive in a God that created everything perfectly within 10k years . . or to beleive that trial and error over billions of years to create the "homo sapiens" and if we were evolving why isnt there more half monkey half people walking around? And why arent there vast amounts of remains in the earth showing vast amounts of half human half monkey remains?

I know for a fact that einstein is agnostic. He only ever used the word god as a way to define the unknown in the world.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These ... interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."
-Einstein.

Second, we know for a fact that the earth is over 10,000 years old. Don't even try to argue with that. You might as well argue against gravity. You obviously don't understand evolution so please do not post again until you learn about it.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:

That's just you trying to push your stupid god theory into anything that disproves it..sorry but religious people, specificly christians, are the dumbest people on the planet.
yep christians are complete idiots . . heres a list of complete idiots that were christian

I know for a fact that einstein is agnostic. He only ever used the word god as a way to define the unknown in the world.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These ... interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."
-Einstein.

Second, we know for a fact that the earth is over 10,000 years old. Don't even try to argue with that. You might as well argue against gravity. You obviously don't understand evolution so please do not post again until you learn about it.
how do you know for a fact that the earth is over 10k years old? perhaps i was wrong to say only 10k years but millions?! carbon dating is only accurate to 5000 years . . . and you had no defense for the fact that, if evolution WAS real why are there little or no half human half monkey fossils? and why are there no half human half monkeys today? if evolution was continuous and always happening, wouldnt there be more half this half that animals walking around?
EDIT: i found this on an atheist website i found it rather amusing: "But it’s not a question of faith, because Evolution is a theory. One that makes testable predictions about what we have observed about the past, and what we can observe about the future. It agrees quite well with those observations, but it may be that another theory will come along that will be better. But it needs to be something that predicts something."
I found this rather funny because it shows how stubburn people are. They would rather create new theories than beleive in a sentient being that controls their life. What it really comes down to is people refuse to beleive in God because they are afraid of someone else having control of their life, if you research each idea (God and evolution) God has never had to be edited or changed like the evolutionary theory to keep up with science. But heres a real mind raper: what if god created the big bang and allowed, over millions of years evolution to occur.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
But heres a real mind raper: what if god created the big bang and allowed, over millions of years evolution to occur.
If you believe god to be the christian god, then that goes against the bible.

if you are simply referring to a force that put the universe into motion, then sure. no one could really prove you wrong, and its pretty sound logic. but it could never be tested, and we could never know, so i think that would be classified as religion or belief anyways.

the problem arises because most people do not fully understand the theory of evolution. i can't really give you a biology course right now, but most of your questions seem rather ignorant to me. moving on...

just because a theory can be changed, that means people are stubborn? no! new theories arise when we have a greater understanding of the world we live in. jumping to a believe that a god just because the first theory was wrong (and then replace by a more accurate theory or corrected) would be unscientific and very premature.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
how do you know for a fact that the earth is over 10k years old? perhaps i was wrong to say only 10k years but millions?! carbon dating is only accurate to 5000 years . . . and you had no defense for the fact that, if evolution WAS real why are there little or no half human half monkey fossils? and why are there no half human half monkeys today? if evolution was continuous and always happening, wouldnt there be more half this half that animals walking around?
EDIT: i found this on an atheist website i found it rather amusing: "But it’s not a question of faith, because Evolution is a theory. One that makes testable predictions about what we have observed about the past, and what we can observe about the future. It agrees quite well with those observations, but it may be that another theory will come along that will be better. But it needs to be something that predicts something."
I found this rather funny because it shows how stubburn people are. They would rather create new theories than beleive in a sentient being that controls their life. What it really comes down to is people refuse to beleive in God because they are afraid of someone else having control of their life, if you research each idea (God and evolution) God has never had to be edited or changed like the evolutionary theory to keep up with science. But heres a real mind raper: what if god created the big bang and allowed, over millions of years evolution to occur.

Yes I do. We have more than carbon dating, we have geological evidence. Things like geomagnetic reversal has been seen in sea floor spreading. This reversal alone happens at least 51 times in a 12 million year period. Rocks have been found that radiometric dating has shown to be 3.8 billion years old. Ice core samples have shown 40,000 layers of ice. The drift between the continents shows the atlantic is 200,000,000 years old. This is just a handful of evidence for the earth being old.

Again, learn about natural selection and evolution before you post again. You obviously don't understand evolution. Learn about it before you try to disprove it, or else you just look like an idiot.

Evolution is fact and theory. We know that organisms evolve, that is fact. The theory is how organisms evolved.

Your God has never been updated or edited because the idea of god generally refutes science. The catholic churches god however, believes in theistic evolution. They believe that the basic idea of god exists, and that we were made by god, but that evolution is also true. This isn't my stance but obviously the idea of god has been slightly edited over time.

That last question is not a mind raper. It might rape your infinitesimally small mind, but it seems like it's already been raped by the church. The simple answer is that we never know, it could be true, but it could not be true. But what we do know is that what happened, happened. The only ambiguity behind it is what caused it to happen in the first place. But just because we don't know, doesn't mean that it's a supreme being. And the chance that the christian god is the one that exists, is less than the scientific theories.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 23:38 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
-Einstein.

the irony
Einstein did in fact disprove the theory of gravity as proposed my Newton with his theory of relativity. he argues that gravity does not exist as expressed in the force of gravity equation where the force of attraction is directly proportional to mass and indirectly proportion to the square of separating distance. Instead he has all these funky formals where mass actually 'bends' time and space creating differences in potentials

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 0:57 Quote
" just because a theory can be changed, that means people are stubborn? no! new theories arise when we have a greater understanding of the world we live in. jumping to a believe that a god just because the first theory was wrong (and then replace by a more accurate theory or corrected) would be unscientific and very premature."
If god is such a premature and unscientific answer to the origin of man ie creation of the universe, why has the idea of Gods and deities been around for as long as we know?

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 1:08 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
And the theories have wayyyyyy more scientific evidence to them than the bible does....

Let's use the newspaper as an example because ultimately that's what the stories of the bible are, documented events. You read an old newspaper article, you go to the spot that is described and there's no evidence, no witnesses, nothing to corroborate the story you just read. At this point in time should we all assume that the newspaper is a big lie because there is no known proof existing on that day?

Except the bible was written at least 30 years after jesus DIED and was written off of no scientific evidence at all and something that we cannot see in everyday life (which is what religion is, I know, but if I'm going to believe something as big as god, then I want to freakin see it at least twice. And if I wrote a book now that said I am the son of god and all that crap, then 2000 years later people should believe me because it was documented that I could do some magic tricks?
If i want to see something as big as evolution, i want to see THAT at least twice, so show me the big bang and show me macroevolution.
BTW most of the historical facts (ie Sodom and Gomorrah) in the bible are accurate with those of history books. Dont you think this adds some credibility to the bible?
Magic Tricks?! You must either not know alot about the Bible, or you know magicians that can raise people from the dead.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 7:41 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
-Einstein.

the irony
Einstein did in fact disprove the theory of gravity as proposed my Newton with his theory of relativity. he argues that gravity does not exist as expressed in the force of gravity equation where the force of attraction is directly proportional to mass and indirectly proportion to the square of separating distance. Instead he has all these funky formals where mass actually 'bends' time and space creating differences in potentials

Yes I know all about special and general relativity. When I said gravity I was using it in a colloquial sense. Just the general idea of things are pulled towards the earth. Even though I know they are not, they move upon bent lines of space-time, it is much easier to just say gravity

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 7:43 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
ezekiel wrote:

Let's use the newspaper as an example because ultimately that's what the stories of the bible are, documented events. You read an old newspaper article, you go to the spot that is described and there's no evidence, no witnesses, nothing to corroborate the story you just read. At this point in time should we all assume that the newspaper is a big lie because there is no known proof existing on that day?

Except the bible was written at least 30 years after jesus DIED and was written off of no scientific evidence at all and something that we cannot see in everyday life (which is what religion is, I know, but if I'm going to believe something as big as god, then I want to freakin see it at least twice. And if I wrote a book now that said I am the son of god and all that crap, then 2000 years later people should believe me because it was documented that I could do some magic tricks?
If i want to see something as big as evolution, i want to see THAT at least twice, so show me the big bang and show me macroevolution.
BTW most of the historical facts (ie Sodom and Gomorrah) in the bible are accurate with those of history books. Dont you think this adds some credibility to the bible?
Magic Tricks?! You must either not know alot about the Bible, or you know magicians that can raise people from the dead.

I'm not even going to argue with you since I've already given you evidence of evolution.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

I'm not even going to argue with you since I've already given you evidence of evolution.
Why dont you try to disprove God since theres so much evidence for evolution. Smile
heres whats happening if evolution is real lmao

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:

Why dont you try to disprove God since theres so much evidence for evolution. Smile

Why don't YOU try and prove god first. I've already got a pretty good explanation for most things.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Why don't YOU try and prove god first. I've already got a pretty good explanation for most things.
OK for the last time GOD requires faith to beleive in JUST LIKE EVOLUTION.
As for the creation of the universe.
(Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen.")

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:

OK for the last time GOD requires faith to beleive in JUST LIKE EVOLUTION.
As for the creation of the universe.
(Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen.")

I believe in the tangible world around me, and things that are backed up with good strong evidence.

Yes everything was planted in that very first instant and it seems like you are misinterpreting this. Every piece of matter that has ever existed was created in the big bang. We cannot find out what caused the big bang for sure, 100%, because we were not there. However, we can use physics and evidence that are known now, to piece together what happened moments after it. We use already known phenomenon to create a very in depth and strong theory of what happened at the beginning of time. We can't know 100% but we have a good idea of what did happen. But just because we can't explain what caused the big bang, YET, doesn't mean that a god did it. There's an idea going around that it was caused by giant branes that touched together, releasing a huge amount of energy, that set off the big bang.

And evolution doesn't require faith to believe in. It requires evidence, which we already have.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.077241
Mobile Version of Website