Powered by Outside

General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
i keep hearing RC3 WC on other threads. is there a difference between regular Rc3's and Rc3 wc? or are they mixing up the one lodel?

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
i keep hearing RC3 WC on other threads. is there a difference between regular Rc3's and Rc3 wc? or are they mixing up the one lodel?

go to www.marzocchi.com it has all the specs for every fork they make. it took me a while digging around the website but it is in there.

they have 4 modles of the 888 and they are all very differnt mostly in tuneabuiliy and wieght.

Go to the website and check it out.

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
there are a few issues with all the 08 zokes, no matter what one you get, that being said there are some people who have gotten ones that worked perfectly. All of the 08's have play in the bushings, but other than that the rcv is fairly simple and not much to go wrong on it, one of my friends has one and the only problem he has is bushing slop, but it doesn't bother him, also stay away from ata's, I have one and everything that can go wrong on it has, the only problem i don't have is axel loosening

yes this is correct, me being "his friend: dose have a 66 rcv and the only thing is that it has some bushing slope but i dont notice it one bit..

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
one thing i do notice now i've been out riding more is that there isd alot of top out, is this just a rebound adjustment or air pressure, also what do the two air chambers serve as on the RCV, because its a coil sprung fork, sorry for being such a noob on marzo fork.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
santacruzv10forsale wrote:
So yea I guess im sold on the fox dhx 5.0 with 350 spring. I came across one really cheep brand new on ebay.

I want to buy new becuse that way ill know it works and wont be damaged at all.

So now lets talk forks. Keeping in mind I want to buy new and want the best bang for the buck cuase I also dont want to spend alot.

Im looking into the 888rcv 2009 for $550 or
888rc3 2009 for $700.

Is there a big difernce between the two. Is that bit of extra tuneability worth the extra cash.

I am looking at the same exact forks on ebay. Can't decide if the RC3 is worth the extra $150. Been rocking a 66rcv for awhile so I know what the rcv is capable of. Any thoughts on this matter (started another thread on this but got no info, sorry)?

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
Little advice for you guys, try to stay away from the 08-09 marzocchi, unless it was produced later in the year when the problems were mostly fixed, because some of the 09's do still have problems. the 2010 marzocchi is available now to buy so i suggest that, but if you don't have enought to get the 2010 try for 09 that is new because most of the time it is used it will have problems.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
the difference between rc3 and rc3 wc is that the rc3 has steel spring and black anodized stanchions. the rc3 WC has nickle coated stanchions for a little bit less friction and it has titanium spring to keep the weight lower than the rc3, other than that, the dampers are exactly the same on both models

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
Little advice for you guys, try to stay away from the 08-09 marzocchi, unless it was produced later in the year when the problems were mostly fixed, because some of the 09's do still have problems. the 2010 marzocchi is available now to buy so i suggest that, but if you don't have enought to get the 2010 try for 09 that is new because most of the time it is used it will have problems.

Really? I've never heard this! Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
does anybody have an opinion on the 08' 888 ATA WC?
please for the love of god STAY AWAY FROM ATA'S

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
gooieshred wrote:

Um, Mine's fine

suicidedownhiller wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:

theres a 09 888 rcv on a banshee at my lbs and it has play, and leaking seals

suicidedownhiller wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
gooieshred wrote:

Um, Mine's fine
yours may be and that is great!Smile mine is not fine however...Frown

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:16 Quote
I already have an '08, so I realize that they have issues. again, my question is to whether or not the rc3 is worth the extra $150.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
suicidedownhiller wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:

theres a 09 888 rcv on a banshee at my lbs and it has play, and leaking seals
Ok, so scratched Stanchions, and a loose headset.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
JohnJameson wrote:
I already have an '08, so I realize that they have issues. again, my question is to whether or not the rc3 is worth the extra $150.
it might be better to drop the extra 150 on the rc3, you get a little bit more precise tuning, and it feels nicer than the rcv, but if you are tight on money, i would suggest the rcv, so really its up to you, however that being said(sorry for being confusing) there isn't too much difference between the two

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015447
Mobile Version of Website