Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
I do not know what happened yesterday to cause this thread change BS, but I do not like it. I am out/// done with this site altogether.

You were a great contributor and its a shame your leaving, ripping off a great line "it's always darkest before sunrise". Things are changing, hopefully for the better. I'm happy this thread can continue, you guys (and ladies) are some of the best.

That said I can't stand when people announce they are leaving...nice sig too.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
I do not know what happened yesterday to cause this thread change BS, but I do not like it. I am out/// done with this site altogether.

You were a great contributor and its a shame your leaving, ripping off a great line "it's always darkest before sunrise". Things are changing, hopefully for the better.

That said I can't stand when people announce they are leaving...nice sig too.

yes, I believe the change is for the better, but I know how cjf1972 feels. Near as I can tell there was a group of "chatters" that wanted a thread that allowed them to discuss anything, much like the geezer thread. They had something like this already called "bars", but they were typically abusive, full of pissing contests, and grew much too quickly. Pinkbike shut the bars down, so to make a point the chatters decended on the geezer thread and destroyed it.

Magically, Pinkbike had a solution ready for these off topic discussion threads, and here we are.

What bothers me is the lack of control PB had in this situation. The disgruntled chatters really had their way with the forum and the only thing the mods could do was shut it down. I've posted a lot of personal information on this site, which I realize is a huge mistake on my part. I've removed a lot of my stuff, and in doing so some of the magic has disappeared.

I'm still around, but I'm not as enthusiastic as I once was.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
I can lock it if you want.

As I created the original Older Riders thread, why was I not consulted prior to locking and moving the group and handing it over to another user and removing my ability to moderate it in the process? That shows incredibly poor form and lack of communication.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:

What happened yesterday I'm not entirely sure about. What I do know, is that this thread was/is a great place to exchange knowledge, ideas, laughs as well as evoking a sense of commoroderie. This is my first experience with an online forum and it feels as comfortable as home.

cjf1972 hope you'll be back soon, I totally dig the Jezuz and the finger.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
Hey, found the new one!

I was away for a few days and things went awry. Regardless, this new format seems good.

What are you guys running for rims on a lighter AM bike? My current DT Swiss are made of cheese.

Edit: CJF come back!

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:49 Quote
hustler wrote:
Hey, found the new one!

I was away for a few days and things went awry. Regardless, this new format seems good.

What are you guys running for rims on a lighter AM bike? My current DT Swiss are made of cheese.

Edit: CJF come back!

Mavic crossmax sx
Jesus himself uses them I've heard....
but really them's good.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
Crossmax SX are nice, but I have some King hubs in them already that I want to preserve.

And I have a 15mm front axle, I think Jesus is still running the 20mm?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
hustler wrote:
Crossmax SX are nice, but I have some King hubs in them already that I want to preserve.

Jesus= 20mm
Buy some Mavic rims. they are predictably good and dependable.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
this whole thread change thing is weak, but f*ck it.

lets just be our age and say f*ck it.

so, f*ck it. lets move on. buncha bullshit really.

anyway, i never liked the sex pistols, and i get pissed when malcom mclaren alludes to his position as pioneer in punk, when he put together the pistols in his own image of the ramones. (this is my opinion, and its not necessarily right. other geezers have full right to disagree with it, and i promise not to use ad hominem attacks to promote my own cause. f*ckit.)
talking about punk without talking about the clash is like talking about great booze and not mentioning whiskey. the clash were almost too good for punk.

dt swiss wheels caused my two very big crashes last year. i'll never ride them again.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
yes, I believe the change is for the better, but I know how cjf1972 feels. Near as I can tell there was a group of "chatters" that wanted a thread that allowed them to discuss anything, much like the geezer thread. They had something like this already called "bars", but they were typically abusive, full of pissing contests, and grew much too quickly. Pinkbike shut the bars down, so to make a point the chatters decended on the geezer thread and destroyed it.

Magically, Pinkbike had a solution ready for these off topic discussion threads, and here we are.

What bothers me is the lack of control PB had in this situation. The disgruntled chatters really had their way with the forum and the only thing the mods could do was shut it down. I've posted a lot of personal information on this site, which I realize is a huge mistake on my part. I've removed a lot of my stuff, and in doing so some of the magic has disappeared.

I'm still around, but I'm not as enthusiastic as I once was.[/Quote]

yeah dude, i agree. some of the stupid stuff here had me looking at nsmb as a site i would use instead, but the "mechanics" of that site just doesn't fit my limited "tools". know what i mean?

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
shondo wrote:
hustler wrote:

Jesus= 20mm

I know, I keep coming back to Mavic.

For the record, Stans rims are light but otherwise horrible. That's one rims I'm not willing to even try again.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
shondo wrote:
hustler wrote:

Jesus= 20mm

I run the Crossmax Sx as well, and they're super stiff. I swear I'm faster because of them and the power transfer.

I always thought the Sex Pistols were McClaren's boy band - I can't take Johnny Rotten -Lydon seriously in anything. Sorry to step on toes.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
ps. good luck with your surgery Obee1 - speedy recovery and all the best out there to the guys slimming down.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:32 Quote
robholio wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
I can lock it if you want.

As I created the original Older Riders thread, why was I not consulted prior to locking and moving the group and handing it over to another user and removing my ability to moderate it in the process? That shows incredibly poor form and lack of communication.

ERM...handed over to another user? I would take it that was me? I created this just so that we had somewhere to chat, continuance if you will, it was suggested that someone did it before the old thread got toasted.
And as for moderating it, you CAN..everyones name that appears in the first post (#mod blah blah blah #mod) can edit the first post, therefore adding mods, bans, or controlling who can post in this forum.

So...whats the issue? This is not YOUR thread, nor is it MINE its OURS, the old school riders, I / YOU / ANYONE LISTED can add names to the first post to add them as moderators of this forum, this way if you are not online (as yesterday) and our thread gets attacked (as yesterday) ANY ONE OF US can simply ban the attacking user and keep the thread from being jacked.
If I missed anyones name from the MOD list please accept my apologies and I will add it as soon as you let know (hustler I have added you lol)

So Rob, whats up?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
Bontrager rhythm wheels. I can't believe I am saying it but I have FLOGGED a set for a couple of months and with all my sideways whip landing I still haven't had to true them!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014867
Mobile Version of Website