Powered by Outside

Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 14:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Curious if they measure the tire volume a bit differently. Like they’re taller versus wider? I too am on 2.6 tires (specialized) and no rub at all.

You're on a V2 factory like me. Less rear travel same length rear swing arm.

Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 15:43 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Curious if they measure the tire volume a bit differently. Like they’re taller versus wider? I too am on 2.6 tires (specialized) and no rub at all.

You're on a V2 factory like me. Less rear travel same length rear swing arm.

Ahhhh

Posted: Jul 24, 2023 at 4:26 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Starlingcycles/blog/the-new-starling-cycles-megamurmur-longer-travel-longer-swingarm.html

Edit - Looks like a proper beast of a bike. I would be very keen on one of these if I was in the market for a new bike. That extra 10mm in the rear is going to help on the XL.

Posted: Nov 11, 2023 at 9:14 Quote
Murmur V3 enduro
DT swiss 240 / xm481, full XT, Ohlins, PNW components.

Posted: Nov 11, 2023 at 10:28 Quote
Bvb09 wrote:
Murmur V3 enduro

So sick. Thats a good spot for the Murmur. Loved mine on Galby.

Posted: Nov 12, 2023 at 21:35 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Bvb09 wrote:
Murmur V3 enduro

So sick. Thats a good spot for the Murmur. Loved mine on Galby.

I think so too. Coming from 130mm travel bikes, this bike feels huge (esp on tight uphill switchbacks) and simply mows over stuff, and feels fast everywhere. Feels surprisingly versatile.

Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 10:50 Quote
Hi All,

I’ve been looking for a second hand Murmur for over a year. This Factory frame came up a couple of weeks ago on the Starling Facebook page and I managed to snap it up. Parts mostly transferred from a Whyte S150.

Starling Murmur Factory driveside

Frame - Large Factory V2
Fork - Lyrik Select (possibly awaiting decals)
Brakes - Deore 4 pot - so reliable and powerful. Zero bite point issues in over 2 years, including in the Alps.
Wheels - Newmen sl A30
Drivetrain - XT 11 speed shifter, 11 speed sunrace cassette, slx mech
Bars - 35mm rise alloy
Stem - Brand x enduro

First ride today. Very calm, stable and quiet were the takeaways. Thinking a little less LSR to give a bit more pop, but was all good. Climbs better than expected.

Sheep liked it too!

Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 11:08 Quote
kibster - Nice Murmur. They're a capable wee bike.

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 6:37 Quote
Cheers fartymarty. Out again tonight Smile

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 20:09 Quote
I've finally upgraded Goldie to some legs she deserves. The original plan was DVO, but Hayes' firesale on Mezzers was too good to pass up. Cheaper, lighter, beefier, and more travel options. Plus I get a goofy backwards fork to up my quirk-quotient.

photo

sterlingmagnum wrote:
New to me 2022 Lyrik Ultimate fork with a 42 offset instead of 51. Definitely calmed the wheelbase/length noticeably. Still a long bike… but much better… felt delicious too…

New utensil

Glad I didn't settle for a sale 51mm offset fork I was looking at. The best trails around me love the Murmur's length, but the trails to most quickly run a few laps when I have a shorter window are pretty tight as it is, so I definitely wouldn't want more wb.

And that red fork looks great with the blue frame. So good I hardly even notice the gumwall tires. ;p

kibster wrote:
Hi All,

I’ve been looking for a second hand Murmur for over a year. This Factory frame came up a couple of weeks ago on the Starling Facebook page and I managed to snap it up. Parts mostly transferred from a Whyte S150.

Starling Murmur Factory driveside

Damn, you're a more patient man that I am. 12 weeks for my frame was a struggle for me! But I'm glad it was rewarded.

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 22:39 Quote
He had a sheep to keep him busy sooo…. lol

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 8:53 Quote
I love silver accents. So clean. That's a Hope crankset?

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 10:35 Quote
Yes it's a Hope headset. Cranks, and chainring too.
Stem is a Ragley stubbing stem.

Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 1:13 Quote
Murmur rebuilt for 24.
Murmur rebuilt for 24.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019172
Mobile Version of Website