Powered by Outside

Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 9:05 Quote
Also thinking about getting either an S&M Speedwagon or a Standard 125R cruiser. Would those be ok for riding small to medium trails as well as racing? Not hucking any crazy stuff, and I like to think I'm smooth even though I'm a hack....

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:
Looking for suggestions as to what brake I should upgrade to. Riding some low end tektro that came on a stock bike I got a few years back and wanting something new. Nothing that brakes the bank (Pun intended) but equally nothing cheap/crap please Smile

Cheers in advance

Nokon cable with a Shimano DXR brake. 'Nuff said

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
Also thinking about getting either an S&M Speedwagon or a Standard 125R cruiser. Would those be ok for riding small to medium trails as well as racing? Not hucking any crazy stuff, and I like to think I'm smooth even though I'm a hack....
I used to ride trails on a Dialled MX24r and had no problems so either of those would be fine. Steel is real.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 17:37 Quote
Sweet. Been abusing my Redline too much lately doing a lot of this....

photo

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 at 20:28 Quote
Seems like this forum is dead, anyways... here is my Haro OS20. Working out the kinks before my new Haro arrives.
Haro Clutch OS20

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 at 22:55 Quote
that looks pretty awesome.
Care to share a few details such as what forks and gearing you are running? Have been trying to put together a bit of info for others that may want to try it out.
And howd you go with setting up the rear end? I know its the same as putting 1 3/8 wheels on a pro sized frame so can see the axles seem quite far back in the drop outs. Although I am guessing the half link helps

Anyway heres mine. The photo is quite terrible sorry
Have a few different padsets that are run for a giggle
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bmxmuseum.com/image/20160928_162803-2-1280x720580c883783_blowup.jpg

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 4:55 Quote
Doublecross built up a OS20 and I was asked if I wanted to pilot it. I decided to just swap wheels to my current bike in order to get an opinion on the bigger wheels while being on a setup that's familiar.
On the Doublecross the wheel was far back in the dropout and a Paul brake had to be used which was another reason why I opted to try it out on my Haro first.
I swapped out my chain tensioner bolts for shorter ones to have a short rear so we were worried about how the new wheel would fit. To our surprise the OS20 fits in the Haro perfect while still being about to run my Promax brakes. When I switched out gearing I had to go with running the rear longer than usual, but it's not due to the bigger wheel.
There's been some playing around with forks before I got the wheels and found that Box will not work, but Answer and Cliq will. The fork pictured is an Odyssey R32 that's been grinded down a lot to allow clearance. On my new bike I'll be running a carbon fork.
The gearing to me has been the biggest issue because I like my gearing a certain way. On my 20" I run Arisun XLR8 tires, 172.5mm cranks and a Rennen 43.7 (44 if I'm at Chula Vista or a couple of other tracks with a bigger hill) 16.
I got lucky that there was a 40.7 Rennen just sitting around so my gearing on this bike is a mid 54 roll out. I am noticed that with this gearing getting it up to speed is easy, but it tops out quicker than my 20" so I may go with a 41t.
It's a very easy set up to get used to, since it still has 20" forks the axle to BB hasn't changed so you don't notice the BB being higher off the ground.
All and all I've been rather impressed thus far and I'm excited to see how it performs at nationals this year. I'll be lining up in the Vet Pro class in September so I'm curious to see if I'm the only one on an OS20.

Drawn wrote:
that looks pretty awesome.
Care to share a few details such as what forks and gearing you are running? Have been trying to put together a bit of info for others that may want to try it out.
And howd you go with setting up the rear end? I know its the same as putting 1 3/8 wheels on a pro sized frame so can see the axles seem quite far back in the drop outs. Although I am guessing the half link helps

Anyway heres mine. The photo is quite terrible sorry
Have a few different padsets that are run for a giggle
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bmxmuseum.com/image/20160928_162803-2-1280x720580c883783_blowup.jpg

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 22:19 Quote
That's pretty awesome that it all fit in without having to do much to it. Even better that it didn't slacken out at all as you kept the 20" forks.
Have been learning a fair bit about it and different ways it can be set up, so that info is good.

I know what you mean about gearing. I was a bit the same in terms of wanting to set it up the same, but in my case it was to be the same as the cruiser along with wanting a certain brand of chainring (Hope) to keep it as much of a UK build as possible.
I know in my case I ended up with a 40-15 which is with the 1.60 tyre around the 55.7 roll out. But to keep in mind on a cruiser I run a 38-16, so there was no difference that was noticeable.
If you are interested a 39-15 is a 54.4 rollout and a 42-16 is a 54.8. (these are coming off a gear calc chart)

should be pretty awesome to see if there are a few others on the OS, especially in the older ages.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 8:32 Quote
Agreed, rad to see. I haven't seen any at my local racetrack yet, but at least 3 or 4 guys at my local trails have switched to them - either from a big bike or a little bike. Also, Brian Foster's signature bike for 2017 is now a 22" - link here.

Dude's never gonna slow down.

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 20:19 Quote
I wonder if this thread will ever resurrect?

Anyways, I'm well pleased with my new chainring...
Polished Imperial

Also, a few pics from last day of last season...

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 4:25 Quote
One last shot to see if the thread will resurrect...

New bike time. Mid-school build on a New-school frame.

Mid-School build on a New-School frame...

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
f*ck! Those tires though.....they even let you on the track with those?!

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 14:45 Quote
Euro champs happened today, anyone catch the action? British boys took 1 & 2 and was exciting to watch the whole event from 1/8th finals through to the final

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 14:32 Quote
Anyone got any advice on fitting MTB cranks to a race bike ? Stripped the thread in my DXR's and training tomorrow so don't have time to fix them yet. Got a spare pair of zee cranks so I was gonna shove them on. Any tips on correcting the chainline ?

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 14:50 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
f*ck! Those tires though.....they even let you on the track with those?!

To be honest they were perfect for the winter series race held last Sunday. lol

My local track is actually very loose and has dirt berms so I'm getting some Holy Rollers to sort of have do it all tyres that will be OK for smooth and loose tracks, and for asphalt and dirt berms.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018756
Mobile Version of Website