Powered by Outside

Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/MK999/mtb/received_10152884463836620_zpsdzajqwqw.jpeg
My new (2nd hand) gambler, few upgrades since its been bought, front wheel was flat, bent, egg shaped wonky and everything in between so changed that out for a nukeproof one, and I'm a big fan of the mustard shade of yellow so grips, seat post to tidy up the roughly converted/shimmed one that came with, direct mount stem and pedals got ordered purely for yellow appeal, floating rotors to replace the bent front it came with and a Shimano Saint to replace the avid juicy 7 I couldn't seem to free up and stop rubbing badly.

Can't wait to get it out on a proper downhill trail but jumping back on a bike after a few years I've found my fitness levels aren't what they used to be, so focus for now is survival of riding more than a mile lol

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2015 at 22:19 Quote
sebastien123 wrote:
Scott gambler 710 2015
New toys for 2015
I'm a little jealous, just a little Drool

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 3:05 Quote
Hi folks!
Recently got my hands on a 2014 Gambler - I'm after the shock mounting hardware so I can put a Cane Creek DB Air - I'm looking for the mount that is 60 mm x 8 mm. I've tried googling etc but doesn't seem to be much help. Any suggestions?

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
Email/ ring scott? All i can recommend without having a look myself

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 5:25 Quote
OzMike wrote:
Hi folks!
Recently got my hands on a 2014 Gambler - I'm after the shock mounting hardware so I can put a Cane Creek DB Air - I'm looking for the mount that is 60 mm x 8 mm. I've tried googling etc but doesn't seem to be much help. Any suggestions?
tftuned do custom bushing sizes...really good quality too
http://www.tftuned.com
edit: sorry just checked and the maximum is 55mm length, maybe you know a fitter or someone with a lathe?

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 5:28 Quote
i'm a proud new gambler owner.....now to get it dirtyBig Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Scott Gambler 710 upgrades - saint brakes saint shifter Easton havoc carbon DH bars deity classic grips E13 pedals

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 5:52 Quote
red-m9 wrote:
i'm a proud new gambler owner.....now to get it dirtyBig Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Scott Gambler 710 upgrades - saint brakes saint shifter Easton havoc carbon DH bars deity classic grips E13 pedals

Looks great in that colour

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 21:04 Quote
red-m9 wrote:
OzMike wrote:
Hi folks!
tftuned do custom bushing sizes...really good quality too
http://www.tftuned.com
edit: sorry just checked and the maximum is 55mm length, maybe you know a fitter or someone with a lathe?
would you sell the rc4?

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 21:06 Quote
My 2013 Gambler 10 has developed a cracking sound i think it is the frame bearings does any one els know what this might be?

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 4:08 Quote
Frame bearings!

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 10:56 Quote
sandyparton wrote:
My 2013 Gambler 10 has developed a cracking sound i think it is the frame bearings does any one els know what this might be?

Time for a cleaning! Probably gunk in the bearings.

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 12:33 Quote
Guys, where can I find a thru-axle for my '07 BoXXer WC... Bought my used Gambler with the axle all eroded and it's really hard to loose it up... Any advice?!

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
Hi fellas. I've got a 2012 wc10. I'd put a pic on the post but don't know how too. There's loads of pics of mine on my profile. It's the old style frame shape but with out the adjustable travel. Is there a way to soften up the rear end? I'm running and RC4 shock with 275lb spring. I surely can't go softer than that. I weigh approx 85kg. Compared to my friends' Demo 8 and Pulse (Both on CCDB.) mine feels quite firm all the way from the top of the travel and altering the ls/hs compression doesn't really seem to alter anything that much. The bike feels amazing on faster, smoother stuff, rails berms sweet and jumps like a dream. But through slightly slower speed rocky, rooty stuff, the back end tends to bounce a lot. Anyone els get this? Is it a trait of the frame? There is obviously a drastic shock ratio cause on my old glory I had a 450lb spring. wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 18:52 Quote
sandyparton wrote:

Welcome to the club... Had the same issue, replaced all the frame bearings and cleaned out all the linkage, bb, and headset. A few rides later the creaking came back. A small downside for owning a badass frame!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014830
Mobile Version of Website