Powered by Outside

Big Bear back in the downhill game

PB Forum :: USA - West
Big Bear back in the downhill game
O+
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Ok it’s been a year off the big bike! It’s almost time to get rowdy again.....who else is STOKED?!
Now......just gotta find/build/buy another big bike. Fingers and toes crossed!

im unloading a kona operator CR frame w/rear shock. DM if you want the hook up.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
One more sleeps till shred time!

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
Complete zoo this weekend. Expected I guess as it’s closing weekend and folks are cramming last runs in. Lines were longest I’ve ever seen.

Trail discipline seems even worse this year.

No - your shitty go pro footage of your brah’ casing another jump isn’t a good reason to stop 6 abreast in the MIDDLE OF THE LINE ON THE LAST BLIND JUMP ON MIRACLE MILE.

Seriously if you have all the gear, flash bike, latest Fox or TLD threads and got steeze coming out your pores- you should know better. Get off the fking trail.

See ya next year ya filthy animals.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 8:57 Quote
adamsmtb wrote:
Complete zoo this weekend. Expected I guess as it’s closing weekend and folks are cramming last runs in. Lines were longest I’ve ever seen.

No - your shitty go pro footage of your brah’ casing another jump isn’t a good reason to stop 6 abreast in the MIDDLE OF THE LINE ON THE LAST BLIND JUMP ON MIRACLE MILE.

Seriously if you have all the gear, flash bike, latest Fox or TLD threads and got steeze coming out your pores- you should know better. Get off the fking trail.

lol Good to know. I was debating going up this weekend. I guess I’ll just wait till next season.

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
adamsmtb wrote:

All this is exactly why I NEVER go up on weekends.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
adamsmtb wrote:

lol yeah that place was a disaster on sunday when I was there. just like you said, lines out the ass, people stopped or going slow all over the trails, big groups of people generally taking up too much space and breathing up all the damn oxygen. I swear there was 2 dudes standing in front of the wall of urinals just standing there talking blocking traffic. WHIP YER DICK OUT AND PISS OR GET OUT OF THE WAY. I only got in 4 runs which is an all time low. We ended up just sessioning jumps on our last run so we got some good action.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
It's opening day at Snow Summit!

I can't make it but I want to know how it looks, new features, lines - how long, etc.

Let us know if you go!

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 10:37 Quote
Snow Summit tentatively scheduled to open 9 June!

And now this is awesome:
bigquotesNew for the 2023 summer season, full-day bike park lift tickets will be valid at both Snow Valley and Snow Summit for same-day use.

Check the website here.

Mod
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 12:40 Quote
man imma miss the shit conditions at valley. race day was always fun, guys watering the berms just to keep them from collapsing, choking on dust. I really hope they keep cody on the trail team after his injury

O+
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 12:47 Quote
mior wrote:
man imma miss the shit conditions at valley. race day was always fun, guys watering the berms just to keep them from collapsing, choking on dust. I really hope they keep cody on the trail team after his injury

Yeah, the dirt there is kind of a bummer. Too much thick sand. I wish it was more like snow summit dirt.

Mod
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 12:49 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
mior wrote:

Yeah, the dirt there is kind of a bummer. Too much thick sand. I wish it was more like snow summit dirt.
its fun in its own way. makes for heinous runs but dh at southridge numbs you to a lot

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 21:39 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:

And now this is awesome:
bigquotesNew for the 2023 summer season, full-day bike park lift tickets will be valid at both Snow Valley and Snow Summit for same-day use.

Check the website here.

Yeah that's awesome, can hit snow valley for a run or 2 on the way back down the hill. Or go to snow valley if line is too long at summit.stoked!

Anyone have any rumors or predictions for new trail buildage this season?

Posted: May 3, 2023 at 5:54 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

And now this is awesome:

Check the website here.

...Or go to snow valley if line is too long at summit.stoked!

That was my thought: SS too packed - hit SV.
I wondered this too: there were a few times where SS would stop operations forever due to potential lightning - would SV suspend operation at the same time or not? If not then when SS stopped the lift you could jam down to SV and keep riding.
Probably just wishful thinking.

Posted: May 4, 2023 at 20:20 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

And now this is awesome:

Check the website here.

They cut it off when they see lightning. You could possibly see lightning at one park and not the other and then they wouldn't both be closed...I think. I'm not a bike park manager so I'm just speculating

I wondered this too: there were a few times where SS would stop operations forever due to potential lightning - would SV suspend operation at the same time or not? If not then when SS stopped the lift you could jam down to SV and keep riding.

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 6:54 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:

They cut it off when they see lightning. You could possibly see lightning at one park and not the other and then they wouldn't both be closed...I think. I'm not a bike park manager so I'm just speculating

Right - I understand how bike parks stop operation due to lightning. I guess what I was getting at was would SV and SS both be shut at the same time because of their new partnership? They are close to each other geographically, but different managers things differently - or do they now that they have a park share agreement?
My real gripe stems from having to sit around at SS for half a day when lightning was detected. You think you're going to get loads of awesome riding in the park and you end up sitting on the bench on an otherwise clear day. This has happened to folks multiple times per season.

Bottom line: Does SV shut down as often as SS for lightning?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011215
Mobile Version of Website