Powered by Outside

Tyee 2020

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 23:45 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:

Nice stealth look! How did you do the fork knobs ? I am bothered by mines being a mix of red blue and orange but I'm afraid it's not so easy to polish.

NaOH + H20, figure out the rest.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 2:16 Quote
While i'm waiting for my bike to be shipped from Propain, thinking about ordering a protection film for the frame from invisiframe. Should I order a matte or gloss finish? Frame is bad mint CF.

Anyone with experience from invisiframe?

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
RiffBoX wrote:
While i'm waiting for my bike to be shipped from Propain, thinking about ordering a protection film for the frame from invisiframe. Should I order a matte or gloss finish? Frame is bad mint CF.

I have the Gloss Raw frame and the gloss Invisiframe is basically invisible on it. Saw a guy out with the Bad Mint Matt and the Matt Invisiframe and thought it was a pretty good match, but you could still see it, with the Invisiframe being a bit more satin I think from memory. You could email Invisiframe though, they're pretty quick to answer questions and gave really good advice when I asked them questions.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
lews-therin wrote:
RiffBoX wrote:

I have the Gloss Raw frame and the gloss Invisiframe is basically invisible on it. Saw a guy out with the Bad Mint Matt and the Matt Invisiframe and thought it was a pretty good match, but you could still see it, with the Invisiframe being a bit more satin I think from memory. You could email Invisiframe though, they're pretty quick to answer questions and gave really good advice when I asked them questions.

Thank you for answer
Good idea! Will do!

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
Has anyone had any issues with loose bearings in the CF frame?

I had some creaking from the BB area on a ride over the weekend - especially when it got rough. Started stripping the bike down to found the linkage under the shock was stiff. Again took it all apart to find the non-driveside bearing next to the BB pressed out by hand, and i can press a totally new bearing in by hand also.

I have contected Propain about this.

I know i could throw some loctite in there, but it seems like a bodge. And i have a trip to Scotland planned this coming weekend, the last thing I need are frame issues.

Does anyone have any advice?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 0:36 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
VedranBaric wrote:
What PD date it was?

What dimensions of the bushings you ordered?

PD was 29.1.
the bushings are 8x35 and 8x30 mm
these are the bushings I got:
Huber bushings for my RS Coil in a Propain Tyee

Does anybody know what size bushings (Huber bushings) are needed for a 2021 Tyee CF29 (size M) with Rock Shox Super Deluxe Coil? Are they the same as in the post above (which was for a Tyee AL27.5)?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 1:45 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:

I had some creaking from the BB area on a ride over the weekend - especially when it got rough. Started stripping the bike down to found the linkage under the shock was stiff. Again took it all apart to find the non-driveside bearing next to the BB pressed out by hand, and i can press a totally new bearing in by hand also.

I know i could throw some loctite in there, but it seems like a bodge. And i have a trip to Scotland planned this coming weekend, the last thing I need are frame issues.

Update from Propain - they called me at 9:30 this morning and are sending me a new rear triangle. They have never seen the issue before, but were super keen to get me sorted.

They also said to loctite the current bearings in and ride it! Until the new triangle comes, then it needs to be sawn in half.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
wilkomtb wrote:

Update from Propain - they called me at 9:30 this morning and are sending me a new rear triangle. They have never seen the issue before, but were super keen to get me sorted.

They also said to loctite the current bearings in and ride it! Until the new triangle comes, then it needs to be sawn in half.

Good service that tup

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
CowardlyBear wrote:
derechtefux wrote:
VedranBaric wrote:
What PD date it was?

What dimensions of the bushings you ordered?

PD was 29.1.
the bushings are 8x35 and 8x30 mm
these are the bushings I got:
Huber bushings for my RS Coil in a Propain Tyee

Does anybody know what size bushings (Huber bushings) are needed for a 2021 Tyee CF29 (size M) with Rock Shox Super Deluxe Coil? Are they the same as in the post above (which was for a Tyee AL27.5)?
Ofcourse they all need the same bushings. The info is also on the propain website.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
Ofcourse they all need the same bushings. The info is also on the propain website.

Maybe I should get me some reading glasses. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (and making me feel dumb Smile ). I overlooked it a zillion times on their website. Eek

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
Finally got the "start of production" emails yesterday and shipped today!
Tyee Bad Mint 29" with RS Coil.

First PD was set to 13/8 so not too far away.
When I emailed Propain a couple of days after the original date, it all was depending on the coil.

Really looking forward to it!

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
wilkomtb wrote:
wilkomtb wrote:

Good service that tup

Their customer service is top notch.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 1:00 Quote
Just got an e-mail that they have started building up my bike. Original P.D. was 17/09 so they're actually ahead of schedule! Let's hope that all the parts are available...

[edit] Just got an e-mail that they have all parts available! [/edit]

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 4:09 Quote
Hi all,

I was in touch with mr. Huber regarding the bushings for RS Coil dampener and this might be helpful to anyone trying to order it as well:

bigquotesThe 2020/2021 Tyee should have the dimensions (installation width x bore) 35x8 + 30x8

The RS has the 12.7 mm dimensions (12.7 mm bearing diameter and eye width with 15.08 mm eye hole).

The dimensions are as 2-part (2-teilig https://huber-bushings.com/produkt/buchse-2-teilig-127mm/) and 3-part (3-teilig https://huber-bushings.com/produkt/buchse-3-teilig-127mm/)version possible.

The 3-part version is slightly better, as only one component sits in the slide bearing and can be anodized in color, but is a bit more expensive.

I recommend the 35er in 3 parts, then the 30er fits better in the design (optically).

The plain bearings required directly are included.

Matching Tool 12,7 mm 12.7 mm - Ø12.7 / 15.08 mm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yToXgCVdt4).

The tool is only designed to replace the plain bearings.

The bushings (aluminum parts) cannot be dismantled with the tool.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
CowardlyBear wrote:
Just got an e-mail that they have started building up my bike. Original P.D. was 17/09 so they're actually ahead of schedule! Let's hope that all the parts are available...

[edit] Just got an e-mail that they have all parts available! [/edit]

good luck mate, my PD is 05.11.2021 Smile send some close up pictures once you get it! Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015283
Mobile Version of Website