Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 13:04 Quote
Nice @fartymarty.

Are you running an angle set as that looks much slacker than my Factory?

I’m loving mine, I just wish it would dry up a bit.

Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 16:44 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Murmur rebuilt for 24.
Murmur rebuilt for 24.

New paint job, or did the green hue just show up a bit more in this pic than last time you posted?

kibster wrote:

I've been house bound for the last few days due to storms. Fortunately my favorite local trails tend towards the steeper, rougher and more natural, so they drain well and are pretty durable, so they should be rideable in just a couple days.

photo

Droppin'!

Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 4:33 Quote
kibster wrote:
Nice @fartymarty.

Are you running an angle set as that looks much slacker than my Factory?

It's the stock HA. Is at 64 with 160 Ohlins m2. I am tempted to try an angleset in it thought.

Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 4:36 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
fartymarty wrote:
Murmur rebuilt for 24.
Murmur rebuilt for 24.

New paint job, or did the green hue just show up a bit more in this pic than last time you posted?

kibster wrote:

I've been house bound for the last few days due to storms. Fortunately my favorite local trails tend towards the steeper, rougher and more natural, so they drain well and are pretty durable, so they should be rideable in just a couple days.

photo

Droppin'!

I haven't repainted since last year so it's the same colour. It's Pantone 7476C.

I need to get it out on a proper ride - the pic was on the way into the office. We rode last night (steep tech) but I was on the HT. Hopefully next week.

Posted: May 7, 2024 at 0:49 Quote
Out of interest has anyone tried a -2 on their Starling?

I am tempted to try one on the Murmur. I have one on my Cotic Solaris Max and it slackens the HA out to 62.5 which has been great.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2024 at 17:15 Quote
My Starling Murmur V3

photo

O+
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 7:46 Quote
Just stumbled across this thread whilst Googling 'Cycle Solvers' as I'm trying to ditch the Fidlock (to noisy). But here's a pic of mine in it's current guise. Had it 3 years and still loving it.
photo

@fartymarty I've got a -1deg in mine, with a 160mm Lyrik and it's great. Kinda wish I'd gone 1.5 or 2.

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 12:47 Quote
@fartymarty I've got a -1deg in mine, with a 160mm Lyrik and it's great. Kinda wish I'd gone 1.5 or 2.[/Quote]

Damn - I'm going to have to try a -2 in mine then.

The Cycle Solvers mount is great. I can get a full size bottle in my XL.

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 13:23 Quote
About a month ago I upgraded my rotors to 220f/200r. The improvement in speed control and braking modulation on steep terrain was way better than I expected.

photo

fartymarty wrote:
Out of interest has anyone tried a -2 on their Starling?

I am tempted to try one on the Murmur. I have one on my Cotic Solaris Max and it slackens the HA out to 62.5 which has been great.

I've thought about it. I have a -2° on my hardtail that also has a 44mm headtube that I could pilfer to try. But since I'm still running her short travel, and now on a fork that can be pushed all the way to 180mm, I'll probably play with that before I try anything that requires juggling parts between multiple bikes. But as a perpetual fiddler, I'm sure I'll make may way to installing an angleset eventually, so let us know it changes the feel if you do.

fat-homer wrote:
Just stumbled across this thread whilst Googling 'Cycle Solvers' as I'm trying to ditch the Fidlock (to noisy). But here's a pic of mine in it's current guise. Had it 3 years and still loving it.
photo

What size Murmur do you have? I keep forgetting about the Cycle Solver as an option for when I swap my shock for on with a piggyback. I'm wondering how well it would fit my large. Though having an adjustable shock mount might be a bigger problem than being a touch smaller than the default size.

Purple looks rad, btw.

sourdiesel wrote:
My Starling Murmur V3

photo

That burgundy and gold is a clean combo. How many pairs of shock plates did it come with?

O+
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 16:08 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
My Starling Murmur V3

photo

That burgundy and gold is a clean combo. How many pairs of shock plates did it come with?[/Quote]

Thanks! One set of shock plates.... was I supposed to have a spare set? I'm also assuming you are talking about the plates that mount to the downtube

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 16:38 Quote
sourdiesel wrote:
sourdiesel wrote:
My Starling Murmur V3

photo

lookseasyfromhere wrote:
That burgundy and gold is a clean combo. How many pairs of shock plates did it come with?

Thanks! One set of shock plates.... was I supposed to have a spare set? I'm also assuming you are talking about the plates that mount to the downtube

My v2 came with two pairs that were different, and the description for their affect on geo was very vague. I was hoping if the v3s had two they came with more specific directions.

But that was also when the adjustable shock mount was optional, so perhaps it was a bit less refined, and the multiple plates was a bit of a patch for that.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 17:13 Quote
Only have three rides on it and it feels really good for a single pivot!! My came with a Marz Bomber cr.. meh.. I have a Cane Creek Tigon coming tomorrow. I have high hopes! Something about the steal single pivot are doing it for me lately! I had a Pipedream Full Moxie Long last summer for a month or so. Super fun a plush bike but the aluminum shock yoke was the weak link and way too flexy for my liking. This Starling Murmur V3 is hand down less flexy then I expected!! Super fun bike and can't wait to get more miles on it

O+
Posted: May 14, 2024 at 5:36 Quote
@lookseasyfromhere it's a large v2. I messaged CycleSolvers yesterday but not heard back yet. If/when I get one, I'll report back.

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 6:17 Quote
@fat-homer if you don't hear back from cycle solvers let me know. He's a mate. I'll give him a nudge.

Paul

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019946
Mobile Version of Website