Powered by Outside

Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 20:00 Quote
CakelessCoder wrote:
Hey guys, posted here a little bit back on a custom paint job I was doing

Update! She's all done now.... I'm blown away.

Had a complication with shipping the tyres hence ive been waiting so long but wow I'm impressed.

As a final list of what I did to it:
- Sprayed the frame and forks (4 coats dulux dura max in dark metallic blue, 5 coats rust-oleum gloss clear)
- Sprayed the cranks and chain (just cheap black with the same clear)
- Cleaned all the other parts as they really damn needed it
- Got new decals for the forks
- got new tyres

Anyways, bla bla bla, here's the final bike! rides so nicely now too. First time for me with dedicated dj tyres and wow they make a difference.

The whole bike wrapped up and all together

Custom forks and new decals looking fresh

spray paint on the chain actually looking good

photo

And just for reference, before...

photo

Hope you guys like it! I'm still drooling over the other bikes here though, wow you guys have got some nice ass builds!
nice! although maybe a black fork would look better in my opinion

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
False wrote:
CakelessCoder wrote:
Hey guys, posted here a little bit back on a custom paint job I was doing

Update! She's all done now.... I'm blown away.

Had a complication with shipping the tyres hence ive been waiting so long but wow I'm impressed.

As a final list of what I did to it:
- Sprayed the frame and forks (4 coats dulux dura max in dark metallic blue, 5 coats rust-oleum gloss clear)
- Sprayed the cranks and chain (just cheap black with the same clear)
- Cleaned all the other parts as they really damn needed it
- Got new decals for the forks
- got new tyres

Anyways, bla bla bla, here's the final bike! rides so nicely now too. First time for me with dedicated dj tyres and wow they make a difference.

The whole bike wrapped up and all together

Custom forks and new decals looking fresh

spray paint on the chain actually looking good

photo

And just for reference, before...

photo

Hope you guys like it! I'm still drooling over the other bikes here though, wow you guys have got some nice ass builds!
nice! although maybe a black fork would look better in my opinion
color matched bars and a red stem would look great.I'm digging the blue frame and fork with the red

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
Nahhh, i like the blue

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 20:15 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
seraph wrote:
Brandon-giessinger1 wrote:
I'd go for the pike dj over the circus. Circuses break just as much they just don't cost as much so people make a bigger deal out of an issue with the pike. 15mm axles are pretty standard now so wheelsets aren't much of a problem to get. And even with the 15mm axle it feels so much stiffer then the circus. the pikes damper feels much more refined and controlled than the circus in my opinion. Plus the pike doesn't look bad like the circus. And sram has really good costumer service. It's well worth the extra money. And btw I've ridden both forks extensively.

I don't think the Circus looks bad at all. I had a Stance Static many moons ago on my Riot and I thought it looked awesome. Plus everyone and their mom has a Pike DJ.

the only person i personally know whose broken a circus is DJ brandt, he told me he broke "a f*ckton of them" but he rides WAY harder than your average dude so im still faithful in circuses. Pikes on the other hand, I know at least 6 people (probably more) who have snapped, bent, or internally destroyed pikes... Don't buy one if you plan on riding your bike even slightly hard.

Hey who's this DJ Brandt guy you keep bringing up? Does he ride scooters? Or is that the other guy?

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 22:12 Quote
I sense sarcasm

Also that blue bike reminds me of the builds from an old user whose name I can't recall he had sick edits and videos on how to mod a 36 to run pegs

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 3:35 Quote
If I remember correctly the Circus Expert and Pike DJ aren't even close in price are they?

The Circus is like ~£300 and the Pike DJ is like £650?

So given that both of them are good forks you've got to have serious reason to spend more than twice as much on the Pike

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I sense sarcasm

Also that blue bike reminds me of the builds from an old user whose name I can't recall he had sick edits and videos on how to mod a 36 to run pegs

that was probably destri

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
tom666 wrote:
If I remember correctly the Circus Expert and Pike DJ aren't even close in price are they?

So given that both of them are good forks you've got to have serious reason to spend more than twice as much on the Pike

buy 2 circus's and use the extra 50 quid to take out your bird?

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 4:26 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Probably gone now, but you could get a "CRC model" circus expert on Wiggle for 200(us) I got one on impulse

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 4:53 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
tom666 wrote:

buy 2 circus's and use the extra 50 quid to take out your bird?

Exactly. Get 2 and take your bird out for an Indian with all the Cobra she can drink.

Aaronz25RS wrote:

Probably gone now, but you could get a "CRC model" circus expert on Wiggle for 200(us) I got one on impulse

I bought my circus expert for £180 from CRC. It was £200 and I found a 10% off voucher somewhere. Still going fine 6 years later. We on about £30 a year currently.

Jailbreak

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 5:11 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
jespinal wrote:
I sense sarcasm

that was probably destri

For sure he had a blue deity!

Reminded me of it too

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 12:16 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
jespinal wrote:
I sense sarcasm

that was probably destri

Reminded me of it too
How she sits for 2014

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
since this seens like its the only live 26 thread left I'll ask herelol I popped open my dirt jam pros to try and adjust the rebound a bit and noticed the oil was foamy Confused suggestions on what to do?(other than the obvious "buy new fork"Facepalm )

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 12:52 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

that was probably destri

Reminded me of it too
Custom Streetsweeper

FTFY. One of the sexiest builds ever still even after all these years...

@newf, don't worry about it, replace the oil if it worry's you but honestly in a dirt jam it makes zero difference. But if your seals are in good condition I would recommend taking the coil out and putting way more air in them, they feel just as good (ahem) but saves a bit of weight...

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 13:31 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Reminded me of it too
Custom Streetsweeper

FTFY. One of the sexiest builds ever still even after all these years...

@newf, don't worry about it, replace the oil if it worry's you but honestly in a dirt jam it makes zero difference. But if your seals are in good condition I would recommend taking the coil out and putting way more air in them, they feel just as good (ahem) but saves a bit of weight...
i have a box of marz parts laying around somewhere,is there a way to convert both sides to air?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039005
Mobile Version of Website