Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
Oi Mike Koots. Come back to the Rock- The Dump has gotten muchos betto- while we are loosing some classics like Who's your daddy due to landfill expansion, SIMBs has been pulling their socks up the last few years and reallly have delivered on new trails and access to them.

New trails or revivals
1) 90's Jank- Tech flow "Enduro" style with a decently big roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_y7SqQf0Ek

2) Sofa King- Smooth and Flowed out- but fun to smash berms with the usual tables and a few step downs- you can get sendy

3) Organ Donor and New Upper organ donor being build- This one you will like-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jrxzV304ao

4) Southridge flow- new green trail- just a ton of perfect smaller berms
5) Hot cherry is being redone
6) New "access"/climbing trails Painless and Middle earth, and 7s takes you where you wanna go.
7) Diaphragm climb has been buffed up - additionally there is a good climbing re-route from the bottom of sofa to link to funtrail up

Don't even get me started about tall these illegal trails which are no fun- very bad- you don't want to know about them- infact I don't think you should ride those. CRD has been keeping us very safe and monitoring social medias to get rid of these. Feel free to reach out if you need to talk about it. Beer

Anyhows- lots of short loops, long loops, pushes- techy dh, and flow trails and everything in between. As it has always been at Hartland/Victoria- you gotta earn those turns unfortunately to get to the good stuff.

-Matt

Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
Yo

Getting back into riding

Bought a DJ bike. Any DJ spots that are good in the rain? I learned on the big set at haro woods and the big set at north saanich park. I like steep jumps. But I don't know what's still around or if there's new stuff. Do u have to pay to ride bear mtn? Is it good?

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 0:25 Quote
Last I was there bear had some great lines. Free.

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
I wouldn't endorse it in the rain, but that new Jordie Lunn Park looks mighty fine down in Langford there

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 11:07 Quote
Cool

Does bear mountain have dirt jumps? And if so where lol

Like gappy gappy steep lip trickable sets?

My bike comes next week in the mail and I was gonna ride north saanich but its rained out

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
Also I thought the jordie Lynn park was just a pump track with no jumps?

Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 17:58 Quote
Google bear mountain bike park. It'll point you to the deejs. They are good MTB lines. Also there's the black and pro lines at the jordie. The latter is proper.

Posted: Nov 6, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
pipelinewill wrote:
Also I thought the jordie Lynn park was just a pump track with no jumps?

Jordie Lunn Park has a good pump track, and also a bunch of jumps. Might be too wet now, but there are some green/blue lines close to the parking lot, and an expert line (steep, big gaps) across the ponds.

Also a sick gravity park in behind now too, just opened this spring (10-15 min pedal up, 2-5 min dh tracks down). It got pretty tracked out during the drought but might be running better now.

Posted: Nov 6, 2022 at 22:28 Quote
It's pretty well put back together now with more repairs happening daily it seems!

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
Ya I got the pro line but not tricking anything but the first step up yet. Best public DJs I've ever ridden.

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/video/561347/

https://m.pinkbike.com/video/561345/

Couple clips

Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 10:39 Quote
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking for some good flow trails in Parksville area, we've previously ridden Hammerfest (I forget the trail name, but it had a large bridge at the top), the upper portion was great, but the bottom 2/3rds was more XC than we'd like. Is there anything local that's more downhill flow at HammerFest, what about Little Mountain?

Thanks everyone

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 15:40 Quote
Randomgoodness wrote:
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking for some good flow trails in Parksville area, we've previously ridden Hammerfest (I forget the trail name, but it had a large bridge at the top), the upper portion was great, but the bottom 2/3rds was more XC than we'd like. Is there anything local that's more downhill flow at HammerFest, what about Little Mountain?

Thanks everyone

I think hammerfest is the main riding area but you’re only 40 minutes to Cumberland. Cumberland has a great mix of everything.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 15:51 Quote
theres the super secret trails in cook creek area

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018002
Mobile Version of Website