Powered by Outside

2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 14:03 Quote
Anyone with a CC DB air in his meta v4.2??

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
Hey

Thinking of fitting a 230 x 57.5 shock to my commencal meta v4.2, the current stroke and size for the frame is 230 x 60, obviously besides slightly less travel (153 instead of 160) What other downfalls could there be? Just looking at getting a cheap air shock to run with lockout on longer days on the bike

Cheers

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
Does anyone else have a problem unclasping a quick-release on your rear hub? I have a Meta AM 4.2 "Ride" with a Maxle on the rear. It's been happening to me every ride now: I notice the shifting is really weird and then I see my axle is loose. I've somehow kicked it with my heel or the suspension action is doing it, but the QR lever is unlocked and the mechanism in the Maxle allows the tension to release, thus the rear end isn't snug anymore.

I've tried different orientations with the lever to no avail. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 1:16 Quote
I believe Commencal has updated their axles once or twice, so I'd get in contact with them to see if you have the "latest" or not. If you have or if there's nothing they can do/are willing to do, I would guess some loctite on the thread would help. (Loctite 243 is my prefered one, as it also works with slightly greasy threads)

Worst case, you could change the axle for some other brand, maybe without a QR lever. The one I have is no longer available, too many axle standards to follow, too many width differences between frames (for 1 hub width) and the guy stopped making any more axles.

But there should still be some other aftermarket rear axles.

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem unclasping a quick-release on your rear hub?

I do. I mean I did. Then I started fastening it a bit more (~60˚) after I lock the QR and it seems to do the job.

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
Toutacoup wrote:
Falcon991 wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem unclasping a quick-release on your rear hub?

I do. I mean I did. Then I started fastening it a bit more (~60˚) after I lock the QR and it seems to do the job.

Thanks. I'll try that and see. I was putting mine on pretty tight but maybe not enough.

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
Hi, what will happen with the bike geometry if I put 29" MRP ribon fork with 160 mm travel, 51 mm offset and 558 axel to crown?

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
My 17 AM Meta Deity up grades
Deity 35 Stem - Speedway bar / Shimano Zee / Hope -Dtswiss / WTB saddle / Ergon grips / One up pedals

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
Ripping on my Meta V4.2 Big Grin

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Yes! Bugging the hell out of me. I broke the QR trying to get it tight enough. So I bought a new non-QR axle from CRC, tightened it up to spec, and it came loose again this morning, obviously not from a heel strike or anything since its a 6mm axle button head. So I re-tightened and noticed on the other side its not fully engaging all of the threads. As if the original QR and the new axle are both too short to get enough thread bite. I will investigate more tonight, but will also be trying Loctite.

Falcon991 wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem unclasping a quick-release on your rear hub? I have a Meta AM 4.2 "Ride" with a Maxle on the rear. It's been happening to me every ride now: I notice the shifting is really weird and then I see my axle is loose. I've somehow kicked it with my heel or the suspension action is doing it, but the QR lever is unlocked and the mechanism in the Maxle allows the tension to release, thus the rear end isn't snug anymore.

I've tried different orientations with the lever to no avail. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
cjarrett wrote:
Yes! Bugging the hell out of me. I broke the QR trying to get it tight enough. So I bought a new non-QR axle from CRC, tightened it up to spec, and it came loose again this morning, obviously not from a heel strike or anything since its a 6mm axle button head. So I re-tightened and noticed on the other side its not fully engaging all of the threads. As if the original QR and the new axle are both too short to get enough thread bite. I will investigate more tonight, but will also be trying Loctite.

Falcon991 wrote:

Interestingly enough, mine has quit doing this. I've been tightening the QR down pretty darn tight, though, per another poster's advice.

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 2:51 Quote
Mine is good so far with a little blue loctite

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
cjarrett wrote:

Falcon991 wrote:

Every meta 4 and 4.2 is like this...the nut is just a little longer than the threads on the axle. It isn't an issue at all.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014181
Mobile Version of Website