Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

What Do You Think Will Be The Next Breakthrough Invention In Downhill Racing?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What Do You Think Will Be The Next Breakthrough Invention In Downhill Racing?
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:20 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
I didn't once mention the bike so you can drop that train of thought. You are ignorant to think Beaumont is a nobody, in that case Aaron Gwin is a nobody because he hasn't won a world cup, Marc has won two. He is also the overall winner of our British series and is 5th in the UCI world rankings. Please don't make stuff up.
Aaron Gwynn isn't a big name, I'm not arguing that he is. Beaumont's best overall finish was what 5th, he's got what two maybe three WC wins? He's not a "top guy".. I'm not trying to diss anyone's favorite riders just saying we're driving a good thread into the dirt with a useless argument, let's all just let it go now.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:21 Quote
Practice what you preach. Thats all that needs to be said to you.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
Practice what you preach. Thats all that needs to be said to you.
Deal... I'm done with it. Beer

So... how about that heads-up display on the home page. Pretty sick if you could get realtime data displaying for you on a dh run, seconds off the leader and such..

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
ok sorry it's done
dont think its been patched into the timing system yet, maybe would be worth looking at price wise.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 12:57 Quote
I was just commenting on how he likes to say people aren't that special at riding, when they compete on the WORLD CUP LEVEL. I just find that funny.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:04 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
I was just commenting on how he likes to say people aren't that special at riding, when they compete on the WORLD CUP LEVEL. I just find that funny.
he was not saying they are not good riders, just not associated as 'top' riders, but are associated with the WC.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
bxxer-rider wrote:
dont think its been patched into the timing system yet, maybe would be worth looking at price wise.
Yeah, that'd be a huge benefit to riders coming down the course being able to see the same splits that we see when watching on TV or Freecaster of whatever. Kind of like how road guys use radios but even more cool, lol.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
If you're riding in a WC event, you're a top rider in my mind, let alone if you're ranked in the top ten.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:09 Quote
sherbet wrote:
If you're riding in a WC event, you're a top rider in my mind, let alone if you're ranked in the top ten.
of course, but out of the wc riders.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:30 Quote
Just for the record, I never meant to imply that any of the WC riders suck or aren't head and shoulders above the rest of us. All I meant is if you take a bunch of casual DH fans, the types that don't know all the riders, Beaumont isn't likely to be among the names they know. I think Beaumont is a fine rider and, without starting a whole new debate, would probably be 10x as recognized if he rode with a sponsor who put more emphasis on DH. Top five among the very best in the world is certanly nothing to diminish and I never intended to say that Beaumont sucks... Just that he's not one of the top guys if you're a casual DH fan... guys like Gee, or Peat, or Hill, or Minaar, etc... Sure, if you know who guys like Wynn Masters and Hart and Camelini are, then of course Marc is a top guy as he is better than most and only slower than an elite few. However, he's not one of the guys where you're surprised when he doesn't podium... that's all I meant and I apologize if my previous statments came across otherwise and offended anyone.

Now please, let's just let it die and get back on topic before Sherb decides to lock the thread.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
Does any of this matter? Can't we just get back on topic?

I like Badbad and Tim Lake, so I'm not going to take sides - Can't we just get back onto topic, though? I realise you were arguing over a factor in that topic, but still. You know what I mean.

Everyone be mates. But I'll stand on Badbad's side if I have too. Remember that we're all here because of a sport we love. If you want to debate and discuss, fine - Lets make sure its controlled, though, yes?

I feel like a moral arbiter. Beer

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:34 Quote
Jamie-K wrote:

I like Badbad and Tim Lake, so I'm not going to take sides - Can't we just get back onto topic, though? I realise you were arguing over a factor in that topic, but still. You know what I mean.

Everyone be mates. I'll stand on Badbad's side if I have to, but remember that we're all here because of a sport we love. If you want to debate and discuss, fine - Lets make sure its controlled, though, yes?

lol

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
curly-haired-invader wrote:
Jamie-K wrote:

Everyone be mates. I'll stand on Badbad's side if I have to, but remember that we're all here because of a sport we love. If you want to debate and discuss, fine - Lets make sure its controlled, though, yes?

lol

Meant to say But! :L God akward turtle... There, has been improved. Razz

Either way - Point still stands that everyone should get along. Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013889
Mobile Version of Website