Post pix of your Nomad

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post pix of your Nomad
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 6:08 Quote
Anyone else run none boost standard cranks on their N4? Got an entire XT groupset off CRC for real cheap so couldn't select boost cranks. Guess will find out tonight building her up if it's an issue or not!

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
I'm running RF sixc cranks with a standard offset (non boost) chainring and not having any issues

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 6:55 Quote
brown1 wrote:
I'm running RF sixc cranks with a standard offset (non boost) chainring and not having any issues

sixc run wider than shimano

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
Build came together smooth, no issues with none boost cranks. Took her out today riding all the rowdiest shit near me and wow how is this bike even real!? Putting in strava top tens on gnar descents like it's nothing and clocked 56 miles, over 8000ft elevation. Was so good I kept going. This thing speeds up on rough sections, is super poppy and playful and pedals better than my previous Slash. How!? Will post pics of my ride.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 12:04 Quote
Finished 9th on Trans Julius, a 4day long slovenian enduro event in the Julian Alps. I just love this bike!
photo

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:06 Quote
Is that the one right on the border with Austria?

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 0:49 Quote
jaame wrote:
Is that the one right on the border with Austria?
Yep, that is it! The stages held at different spots of the region, so every trail was unique, different than the previous one. Friendly ppl, stunning scenes, okay prices(quite cheap if you are not livin in a 2nd world country like myself), loved it a lot!
Ps: early bird entry fee was 150eur, camping usually at 10-13eur, 1,5-3 for a decent commercial beer.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 1:21 Quote
One of my friends is the Asian downhill champion. I noticed on Strava this last few days he had a lot of rides around the Austrian border region of Slovenia. I took a look because it's pretty unusual for a Taiwanese to ride. Cool!

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 8:01 Quote
jaame wrote:
One of my friends is the Asian downhill champion. I noticed on Strava this last few days he had a lot of rides around the Austrian border region of Slovenia. I took a look because it's pretty unusual for a Taiwanese to ride. Cool!

I guess he's rather at Petzen/Jamnica area for the upcoming ews event. The TransJulius was held at Kranjska Gora, Bohinj, Most na Soči and Cerkno. Pop over next year, it's definetely a nice event!

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
I have driven through once, several years ago. Lovely area!

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 2:04 Quote
Santa Cruz Nomad 4 Alu custom build.

Santa Cruz Nomad 4 Alu custom build.

£3900 new build - Alu frame, Lyric RCT3, Hope Enduro wheels, XT groupset, Burgtec bar and stem,150mm Reverb. Was going to get a complete C R build and swap some parts like forks/wheels (stock wheels are terrible) then realised I'd save over 1k and still have a better spec going with an Alu frame (I was pretty set on the carbon). Not a light girl (I'm guessing approx 33lb) but damn does she ride amazing! Climbs better than my previous 2016 Trek Slash too for some comparison.

Bash chain guide and shock volume reducers on the way.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 22:27 Quote
That weight is not too bad. My n3 carbon, fox 36, full xt weighs in at 14.4kg which I think is similar.
Still trying with the idea of swapping for a 4 aluminium. Just need to see the new colours.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 20:04 Quote
New 36 added to the N4

New 2018 36 added to the N4

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 21:25 Quote
New tires today. That aggressor rolls really fast.
New tires

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 4:02 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
New tires today. That aggressor rolls really fast.
New tires

How do you find the coil on N3? Awesome
Build btw

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018965
Mobile Version of Website