Going Riding Around Portland, Oregon!

PB Forum :: USA - West
Going Riding Around Portland, Oregon!
O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
photo

What's good near the Hood?

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
Not much now, snow on most trails still. Look west.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
Sandy is rideable from the top rn, and Blackrock/surrounding areas are prime. Sounds like it's just Post and Cold Creek that are snowed in.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
Sandy is good, but there were a few downed trees a week ago. And plenty of snow on the upper part of the road to the top. I think syncline is good to go too, but haven't been up there myself yet. Don't even think about Timberline to town yet.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
Heck no. I think that's a late summer deal. I'm guessing Post is pretty mucky at the moment too.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
dkidd wrote:
Heck no. I think that's a late summer deal. I'm guessing Post is pretty mucky at the moment too.

Probably. I could ask if you're curious. I've got a friend who lives within walking distance and takes her dogs walking there all the time.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
mtabbert86 wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Probably. I could ask if you're curious. I've got a friend who lives within walking distance and takes her dogs walking there all the time.
Yeah, sure!

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
dkidd wrote:
mtabbert86 wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Yeah, sure!

Muddy but no snow.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
Anyone wanna head down to Bend? Here's your excuse to make the drive- there's a Norco demo happening at Project bike in Bend on May 11th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2040886822881871/

Demo at Project Bike Bend. May 11th 2019

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 4:22 Quote
Hey folks, heading to Portland this weekend, I am landing 12th October. Staying at Hillsborou for a month. I wonder what are riding conditions on trails these days. I am very keen to bring my bike with me. Cheers Stef

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
pabloxxl wrote:
Hey folks, heading to Portland this weekend, I am landing 12th October. Staying at Hillsborou for a month. I wonder what are riding conditions on trails these days. I am very keen to bring my bike with me. Cheers Stef

Hey man! Welcome to town!

The mountains are already pretty snowed in, so the bike parks are out.
-Sandy Ridge tends to hold a lot of moisture, so check the Sandy Ridge Facebook group for details before you go.
- Hood River (Post Canyon) has wicked trails and tends to get less rain, though the trails dont stand up well to wet condition riding, so again, keep an eye on the weather or inquire in the PNW mtb Facebook group.
-Across the river from Hood River, the Syncline trails are beautiful and dry really well. They're a solid bet, though I doubt you'll want to spend all your time out there. The trails are good, but not spectacular.
-Just northeast of town in washington state is Cold Creek. Awesome trails, shuttleable or accessible via a long climb, and (apparently) hold up well in the rain.

-BlackRock and Alsea Falls are two riding areas 1.5-2 hours south west of Portland. Both hold up reasonably well in the rain (though BlackRock has a bunch of wood features which can get slimy).

Happy to show you around the area- we've got a good group who ride pretty much every day of the week, and theres always room for one more! Just shoot me a message.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
I live downtown Hillsboro.
I head west on hwy 6 and ride the Rogers Camp XC trail (Browns Camp) or nearby Ravens Ridge DH trail at Timber. Or I ride Stubb Stewart or Hagg Lake. All these trails are within 30 minutes of home.

Tim

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
Hey guys! I'm planning on heading up to Oregon this summer around June 21 (Bday trip), and was thinking of bringing a bike with me. The people we are going to be staying with (not MTBers) have a place lined up in Depoe Bay already. What, if any, is the trail situation around that area or in that general vicinity?

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
badam wrote:
Hey guys! I'm planning on heading up to Oregon this summer around June 21 (Bday trip), and was thinking of bringing a bike with me. The people we are going to be staying with (not MTBers) have a place lined up in Depoe Bay already. What, if any, is the trail situation around that area or in that general vicinity?

That’s a long ways from the Portland area.

Download PinkBike’s TrailForks app and check the trails closest to that area. Lookup the members who posted photos, videos, and trail reviews, then message them on P.B. to meet up for a ride.

Good luck

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Bumping this thread.

I've been riding Sandy Ridge about 3 days a week and conditions have been awesome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012069
Mobile Version of Website