What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 21:26 Quote
Nobble wrote:
toddyf12 wrote:
fantaman wrote:

MSRP: $599.95 – $649.95 yeah bit on the expensive side
yeah £425 over here, the higher end of the price scale, not that i want to cheap out, but if theres something as good for less then it'd be good to find
it's super pricey but I think it's got some really innovative shit in that shell that makes it a bit more special. The triple foam types thing is pretty sick how the low speed impact portion is multi-impact.

I wonder if they'll try to fit some of that technology in the full 9.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
I have a question for Giro Cipher owners.

I fit right in the middle of the medium size range. However I find the cheek pads on my medium uncomfortably tight. Giro does not sell smaller cheek pads, only larger ones.

Do the pads loosen up over time? Do they compress and become more comfortable?

*edit: forget it, I figured it out

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 3:11 Quote
riggadon wrote:

I fit right in the middle of the medium size range. However I find the cheek pads on my medium uncomfortably tight. Giro does not sell smaller cheek pads, only larger ones.

How did you figure it out? I have the same problem as you did

O+
Posted: May 7, 2015 at 4:02 Quote
Finally got a decent photo of the new helmet after I cracked my last one:

Bell Transfer 9 with Oakley O-Frame goggles. I'll eventually treat myself to some 100% goggles, but these work fine for now.

New lenses

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 7:10 Quote
hughesy321 wrote:
riggadon wrote:

I ended up returning the helmet. I'm exchanging it for a 661, which have always been extremely comfortable for me in the past. I originally got the cipher for its looks, but decided that I can sacrifice some vanity for comfort, not to mention lighter weight.

It helps that the new 661 helmet designs looks much better than last year's. God those were ugly...

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
riggadon wrote:
hughesy321 wrote:
riggadon wrote:

I ended up returning the helmet. I'm exchanging it for a 661, which have always been extremely comfortable for me in the past. I originally got the cipher for its looks, but decided that I can sacrifice some vanity for comfort, not to mention lighter weight.

It helps that the new 661 helmet designs looks much better than last year's. God those were ugly...
So I'm not the only one that finds the pads uncomfortable! My Remedy if anything was too soft but the Cipher in the same size (L) is quite restrictive.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 10:28 Quote
I love the helmet but would agree that the cheek pads are slightly too tight. Wouldn't call it uncomfortable personally though.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
helmets aren't supposed to fit like a loose hat, it's a performance fit. It should be as tight as possible without causing discomfort. It will almost certainly be uncomfortable when new.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 10:45 Quote
Nobble wrote:
helmets aren't supposed to fit like a loose hat, it's a performance fit. It should be as tight as possible without causing discomfort. It will almost certainly be uncomfortable when new.

True. For me it caused my jaw to ache over time, and sizing up probably wouldn't solve that if others complain of stiff cheek pads too

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 10:48 Quote
I'm torn between these two designs. What do you guys think? It will go with blue mirror lens goggles

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://sixsixone.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/o/n/one_industries_helmet_9.234803_1.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://sixsixone.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/o/n/one_industries_helmet_9.234801.jpg

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 10:59 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Blue and red
+1

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
Blue and red
+1

That's what i'm leaning towards. I've never owned a flashy helmet before, so i'm almost scared. In the past it's all been gray and black

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 11:22 Quote
Are you really going to buy a Six Six One helmet? Look at their list of advertised safety features:

Light Weight Fiberglass Shell
Large Vents Provide Cold Air Intake And Heat Exhaust
Large Eyeport For Great Vision And Goggles
complies To Standards Cpsc, Ce: 1078, As/nzs 2063

There are so many better helmets on the market that offer tangible safety tech like dual density foam, breakaway visors, etc...The rage doesn't even meet the ASTM DH standard.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 11:30 Quote
Circe wrote:
Are you really going to buy a Six Six One helmet? Look at their list of advertised safety features:

Light Weight Fiberglass Shell
Large Vents Provide Cold Air Intake And Heat Exhaust
Large Eyeport For Great Vision And Goggles
complies To Standards Cpsc, Ce: 1078, As/nzs 2063

There are so many better helmets on the market that offer tangible safety tech like dual density foam, breakaway visors, etc...The rage doesn't even meet the ASTM DH standard.

I'm still in the market and haven't made any decisions yet. I'll do some research on that. Safety comes at a price so i'll see what I find.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014811
Mobile Version of Website