Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 4:31 Quote
Hi guys. Getting my Strive CF 8.0 Race in Large next week (fingers crossed). Canyon have changed the date about 3 times so they'd better deliver this time.

Found this guy called Les that does full frame protection kits for the Strive CF. He's got small and medium race versions in stock. They are customized to fit the bikes and come in matt too so look great. It's automotive quality stuff and for £60 you can protect your new steed, not a lot of money when you've spent £3k on a new bike.

The problem is, he needs a size Large Race in order to make the kit for it. He said to me he'd give out some free protection for forks and cranks and fit it for free if I came down to the shop in Shrewsbury UK. Unfortunately I live in Edinburgh otherwise I'd be there in a flash.

Anybody else wanna go visit the guy?

The site is Invisiframe: http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/

Cheers, JT

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 4:59 Quote
jimbojrt wrote:
Hi guys. Getting my Strive CF 8.0 Race in Large next week (fingers crossed). Canyon have changed the date about 3 times so they'd better deliver this time.

Found this guy called Les that does full frame protection kits for the Strive CF. He's got small and medium race versions in stock. They are customized to fit the bikes and come in matt too so look great. It's automotive quality stuff and for £60 you can protect your new steed, not a lot of money when you've spent £3k on a new bike.

The problem is, he needs a size Large Race in order to make the kit for it. He said to me he'd give out some free protection for forks and cranks and fit it for free if I came down to the shop in Shrewsbury UK. Unfortunately I live in Edinburgh otherwise I'd be there in a flash.

Anybody else wanna go visit the guy?

The site is Invisiframe: http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/

Cheers, JT

Someone better hurry up and get a large race done as I'd buy one when mine arrives!

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
maartenv wrote:
rusmar1316 wrote:
maartenv wrote:

Nice bike!

Maybe check out the instruction video of the shapeshifter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VXglnpxkgU. It helped me on the first ride Smile .

Tires are way too hard when you get it in the mail from Canyon; this is a sort of protection when shipping the bike.

Thanks for the tip maartenv. Will try that again. Can I ask you on what tire pressure do you run. Mine was set to 2.5 bars I think and I'm only 65kg. Do you run same pressure on both wheels?

With your weight i would go down! Start around 2 bars and work from there. I run my tyres with a bit more pressure in the back than in the front. Front softer for better traction for steering, back harder so when you hit something on the trail you do not hit the rim.

Cheers maartenv. Appreciate the advice.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 14:04 Quote
Hi Guys

I love my Canyon - https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/11854899/

Has anyone used their road bikes?

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 1:04 Quote
Can anyone who has had their strive delivered give me some advice as to whether it can realistically be ridden all day?

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 4:47 Quote
I run my Alloy 2014 Strive all day with 160mm travel and 66.5 deg Head Angle, it weighs 31lb with a dual ply on the rear, the new Carbon 2015 Canyon's have shape shifter and will we be a couple of pounds lighter, don't think you'll have any problems. Obviously they are not XC race whippets, but they are solid AM rides, I love mine. Have even done XC sportive on it, 30miles and 4000ft in 4 hours nearly killed me though! Smile

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 6:06 Quote
Anybody have issue of the bb being really low?

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 8:22 Quote
Love my nerve but have been very tempted to get another bike.... and by tempted I mean I am going to get another bike! Big Grin

Idea is to run the Nerve through the slop of winter where the group I ride with do alot of XC riding with lots of uphill climbs and some fun downhill bits. The 120mm suspension is generally plenty for this (albeit the fox shock on the nerve is far too plush for my 100kg) and the bike is more than comfortable to spend 5-6 hours on with the 3x10 set up being ideal for grinding through the thick slop and soft sandy trails we get hear in Beds/Bucks during the winter.

What I want for the summer is a bike with slacker geomotry and a longer headtube. As a 6ft4 chap I have been reading the reviews of the new Mondraker Foxy and got the chance to ride one. It feels great, but for £3k the kit is a bit poor..... so naturally knowing how good Canyon are for value I have compared the spectral and foxy and low and behold they are very similar just that if I get the Spectral I get waaaaaay better kit. Eyeing up the 7.0 EX in XL as its cracking value and I want the Pike over a Fox fork. I like the idea of having bikes with different running gear so that they are completely different/seperate (albeit it would make much more bloody sense to have similar components from a maintenance perspective!!!)

Just not sure on 1x11 on 34 gearing. Thoughts?!

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 11:11 Quote
thedb wrote:
Love my nerve but have been very tempted to get another bike.... and by tempted I mean I am going to get another bike! Big Grin

Idea is to run the Nerve through the slop of winter where the group I ride with do alot of XC riding with lots of uphill climbs and some fun downhill bits. The 120mm suspension is generally plenty for this (albeit the fox shock on the nerve is far too plush for my 100kg) and the bike is more than comfortable to spend 5-6 hours on with the 3x10 set up being ideal for grinding through the thick slop and soft sandy trails we get hear in Beds/Bucks during the winter.

What I want for the summer is a bike with slacker geomotry and a longer headtube. As a 6ft4 chap I have been reading the reviews of the new Mondraker Foxy and got the chance to ride one. It feels great, but for £3k the kit is a bit poor..... so naturally knowing how good Canyon are for value I have compared the spectral and foxy and low and behold they are very similar just that if I get the Spectral I get waaaaaay better kit. Eyeing up the 7.0 EX in XL as its cracking value and I want the Pike over a Fox fork. I like the idea of having bikes with different running gear so that they are completely different/seperate (albeit it would make much more bloody sense to have similar components from a maintenance perspective!!!)

Just not sure on 1x11 on 34 gearing. Thoughts?!

It's an easy solution if the 34 is too high, just get a 32T or 30T chain ring. I rode the summer mountain tours with my Strive with 1x10: 11-40/30T and that was spot on for me. After a month I could climb everywhere the same as with 2x10. Then I swapped to 34T but it was too much for the hills where I ride so I am back to 30T. The top speed on flat is 32kph/20mph but that's fine for me.

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 11:13 Quote
Does anyone got strive cf?

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 10:35 Quote
migo8 wrote:
Does anyone got strive cf?

Received my Strive CF8, in last week of January .
photo

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 10:57 Quote
Has anyone received any of their strives in the race geometry yet?

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 4:11 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
Has anyone received any of their strives in the race geometry yet?

will get mine by next weekend. My strive cf 8.0 in size M is in the same geometry with the race in size S. Will post some pics then. Smile

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 5:33 Quote
I don't know if anyone has asked this before on this thread but as I am being messed about by YT I am going to go for a Canyon Strive CF Race and was wondering as the prices are in UK £ what are the additional charges for purchasing this bike direct? (do you get charged by your bank for a currency exchange to Euros or is it just regular bank transfer fees)??

cheers!!

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
Canyon prices are what you pay plus packaging and shipping pay with debit or credit card so u get no charges from your bank

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017202
Mobile Version of Website