Powered by Outside

Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: May 8, 2024 at 16:10 Quote
razvanevl wrote:

Had an unfortunate encounter with a metal bar on the trail yesterday. How bad does this look? I'm pretty confident that only the paint is gauged.

I’d throw a little touch up paint in those spots and keep on riding. I’d probably check around the spots after any particularly rowdy rides. Doesn’t look like anything is structurally compromised to me

O+
Posted: May 8, 2024 at 17:33 Quote
Thats just paint, all good.

Posted: May 8, 2024 at 21:47 Quote
Fingers crossed! Thanks guys

O+
Posted: May 29, 2024 at 11:44 Quote
A common upgrade to Evils is the titanium bolt kits for the Delta link assy.
Are the stock bolts really aluminum?

O+
Posted: May 29, 2024 at 12:43 Quote
yes, go for burgtec or huk tek
roxtar wrote:

O+
Posted: May 29, 2024 at 13:10 Quote
nicoenduro wrote:
yes, go for burgtec or huk tek
roxtar wrote:
Done
Thanks

O+
Posted: May 29, 2024 at 16:05 Quote
Are the Ti bolts worth it or is it just a dress up kit? Has anyone had the stock bolts snap while using a torque wrench?

Posted: May 29, 2024 at 19:37 Quote
Hi there need some input, my two years old V2 Offering has suddenly started making creaking and popping noises this weekend…took off all pivots and bolts cleaned and regreased, same with bottom bracket and derailleur hanger. A little better but still there! It happens when pedaling and not pedaling, sitting or standing, I did see a tiny bit of wear on one of the bolts. But the sound is hard to pinpoint and driving me nuts. Do the pivots need replacement? Bearings? Insight would be appreciated! Thanks,
Tanya

Posted: May 30, 2024 at 8:03 Quote
It could literally be anything. Headset, fork, bb area, seat rails, stem, drivetrain, etc..
Maybe time for a full tear down and rebuild. Re-lube and re-grease should solve it unless something needs to be replaced.

Good luck! I hate when my bike creaks..

O+
Posted: May 31, 2024 at 12:23 Quote
Tanyasorich wrote:
Hi there need some input, my two years old V2 Offering has suddenly started making creaking and popping noises this weekend…took off all pivots and bolts cleaned and regreased, same with bottom bracket and derailleur hanger. A little better but still there! It happens when pedaling and not pedaling, sitting or standing, I did see a tiny bit of wear on one of the bolts. But the sound is hard to pinpoint and driving me nuts. Do the pivots need replacement? Bearings? Insight would be appreciated! Thanks,
Tanya
While having the bike apart did you check the bearings?
Ever changed them?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008072
Mobile Version of Website