Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-
Posted: Feb 9, 2024 at 4:32 Quote
Another one to add, check if all the chainring bolts are secured.

Posted: Feb 9, 2024 at 5:05 Quote
I shall do.

It's raining today, so shall check those things you all suggested soon.

If I can't work it out, I'll most likely take to the LBS to check the bike over.

Posted: Feb 9, 2024 at 7:11 Quote
Less of a problem now than it used to be, but check for a stiff link in the chain.

Posted: Feb 11, 2024 at 23:17 Quote
Giorno di lupo as they say in Italy - day of the wolf

photo

I'm only using the gravel bike in an allroad setup, with fast 42c tires. For now, the additional workload is good training and I'm sure I'll appreciate the speed and agility of the road bike again once the weather improves.

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 5:51 Quote
Nice photo.

I plan on getting a CX bike this year for winter road rides too.

I was supposed to get one this winter, but had low funds.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 1:02 Quote
I've been offline for a bit as I was involved in a rather nasty crash on the bike recently.

Crashed into a car doing 40km ph on the road bike. Woman came from the opposite direction and decided to turn left without looking / or severly underestimating my speed. Broken hand, compressed spine and destroyed mouth. Upper lip in 5 pieces, two front teeth pushed back into the back of my mouth. Drank plenty of milk when I was young I guess as they didn’t break.

Had surgery to the lip the same evening with an incredible amount of stitches, next morning had to come back for the teeth. 6 injections of anesthesia later, they started pulling my front teeth back in place. Even with the injections it was by far the most amount of pain I’ve ever been in. Time will tell if they’ll live, otherwise it’ll be implants.

For now, it'll be a long process of trying to fix the teeth and I'll need another surgery to the upper lip to reduce some scar tissue. For now, can't eat properly with the front teeth and can't smile. 3 teeth are KIA but we're trying to revitalize and avoid the implants for now.

Worst thing of all was the timing as my girlfriend was about ready to give birth day to our son ( 9 days to due date) and here I was having my dinner through a f*cking straw. It put a huge strain on her to drive me around to all the experts and visits and obviously, it put her in a situation which was less than ideal.She's been absolute super star however and managed like a champ.

Best news however, is that by now I'm a father of a beautiful son and all is well with both him and his mother.

Happy to say that I took the Mosaic out for a ride yesterday, felt good to be back on the bike. Legs are fine still, hand's a bit delicate.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 3:37 Quote
Ouch, Heal up soon, and congratulations to you and your wife for your son.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 7:40 Quote
Man, that's a hellacious break on the crash, hope you heal up fully and quickly brother... and huge congrats on becoming a dad, cheers to your family!

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 7:48 Quote
Congrats and heal up.

I've been fighting a hand strain as well, isn't bad on the mountain bike but drop bars are rough. A1/A2 pulley strain on the left middle finger. Old climbing injuries still haunting me Blank Stare

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 8:52 Quote
holy cow mori !

glad you're on the mend and congrats on the birth of your son. Beer

girlfriend sounds like a legit solid partner Salute

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 10:00 Quote
Cheers lads, much appreciated!

Girlfriend’s a keeper for sure!

The Baum has been disassembled, I’ll need to return this to the manufacturer to have it checked for alignment, failure etc. It’ll be a while before I’m back on a road bike.

But I’ve found a new challenge for later this year, a gravel gran fondo here in Italy (Tuscany) with 290km and 5500m altitude difference, that should be enough to keep me quiet for a while.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 10:43 Quote
memento-mori wrote:

The Baum has been disassembled, I’ll need to return this to the manufacturer to have it checked for alignment, failure etc. It’ll be a while before I’m back on a road bike.

But I’ve found a new challenge for later this year, a gravel gran fondo here in Italy (Tuscany) with 290km and 5500m altitude difference, that should be enough to keep me quiet for a while.

Jesucristo.... My legs cramped up just reading that.

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 12:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Man, that's a hellacious break on the crash, hope you heal up fully and quickly brother... and huge congrats on becoming a dad, cheers to your family!

Thanks brother, very kind words. Much appreciated!

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 12:41 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
memento-mori wrote:

Jesucristo.... My legs cramped up just reading that.

I know, right !?!??!!

290km.... ugh.....

f*ck, I went for a 2.5 mile run with my daughter at lunch today and it feels like someone's been beating on my legs and feet with a baseball bat. how do your ass cheeks hurt when you run...? fuuuuuuuuuuck.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044984
Mobile Version of Website