Powered by Outside

Post your home workshops!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Post your home workshops!
Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 9:17 Quote
Hey guys,

Ill post of pic of my garage and would anyone be willing to help me out on how to store my bikes as well as some shop ideas? I currently just have my bikes against the wall. I thought about hanging them from the wall to make more floor room for the shop but I heard it is bad?
Anyhow, will post pictures today after work! Looking forward to everyone's inputs and ideas!

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 12:43 Quote
I'm currently living in a room smaller than the attic that used to be my workshop Frown

Gotta find me a flat.

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 18:59 Quote
thomasmb wrote:
My workshop these days

Workshop

Yep, this is f*cking awesome.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 23:30 Quote
Just a reminder guys it isn't just a 'hobby workshop', I also started a small bikeshop next to my main job and this is my workshop I made for it in my garage.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2015 at 2:35 Quote
thomasmb wrote:
My workshop these days

Workshop

Monsieur Vélo from Belgium? tup

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 14:11 Quote
photo

Here is my garage, any ideas on how to work with it? how to set up bikes (Hanging? Floor Rack? Wall Mount?)
Any other ideas would help! Id love to hear from you guys

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 15:35 Quote
Mike-Gambino wrote:
Here is my garage, any ideas on how to work with it? how to set up bikes (Hanging? Floor Rack? Wall Mount?)
Start by taking that Chargers banner down and putting this one up..
Just kidding....but, seriously..

Are you going to have a workbench/cabinets anywhere?
That's usually a good starting point to format the rest of your shop from.

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 21:10 Quote
poolguy55 wrote:
Mike-Gambino wrote:
Start by taking that Chargers banner down and putting this one up..
Just kidding....but, seriously..

Are you going to have a workbench/cabinets anywhere?
That's usually a good starting point to format the rest of your shop from.

Hahaha, chargers banner will stay forever! lol
Well to start the couches are out of the garage. But first, I'm trying to figure how to store my bikes and then i will start working around them to put up some work benches. I plan to have a bike work stand in the middle.

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
Anything to get them out of your way will work.
I have both hanging racks and a floor rack in my little shop. I just use the cheap $3 rubber coated garage bike hooks you can find just about anywhere. Instead of just running the hooks into a wall stud every 16", I fastened a 12-foot 1x10 to the wall and screwed the hooks into that. That way you can space them a little closer together if you want. I also have a section of that 1x10 that I punched wooden dowels into it to hang things like helmets, camelbacks, extra forks, and things like that. You'd be surprised how much those get used. Hanging/wall mounting bikes is fine. The only issue that might come up is if you have fork/shock seals that are a little leaky. If hung upside down too long, you can sometimes notice some oil leaking. If wall mounted, hanging them "rear wheel-up" usually prevents this.
I often have friends/family/neighbors that bring bikes by for service so that's why I have the floor rack. I just built this out of 2x4 and fastened it to the wall. You just slide bike tires in and can stack them in pretty fast.
Hope this helps.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
thomasmb wrote:
My workshop these days

Workshop

This is crazy nice. Amazing!

What's clamped in your vice? Spoke threader?

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
Hey Coma,

Yeah, it's a small spoke threader from The brand Cyclo. Its perfect is you need to replace 1 or 2 spokes. I actually use it a lot Smile

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 12:01 Quote
Awesome. You've got a sweet setup.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 14:53 Quote
comacruz wrote:
As it sits today.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Damn dude. Great setup! Very jealous!

I'm finishing mine up as we speak, I'll post pics when finished.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018700
Mobile Version of Website