Powered by Outside

Tyee 2020

O+
Posted: May 19, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Thanks all, appreciate everyone's replies. It may be a deal breaker for me, might wait and see if they revise it at all, don't want to go messing around trying to fix a brand new frame

I'd have thought they will resive it at some stage to look like the routing on the Spindrift.

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 10:03 Quote
Guys can anyone tell me for sure what spacers I need to install on the Tyee with the six pack chain ring and a dub bb.

Looks like the chart says 3mn outer left and 5 outer right but that seems too tight on trying to fit.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 2:11 Quote
GEO147 wrote:
Guys can anyone tell me for sure what spacers I need to install on the Tyee with the six pack chain ring and a dub bb.

Looks like the chart says 3mn outer left and 5 outer right but that seems too tight on trying to fit.

Check out the user manual mate:
https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/user-manuals/sram-mtb/drivetrain/dub-mtb-and-road-cranksets-and-bottom-brackets-user-manual.pdf

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
Cheers Wilco. I have read that top to bottom so many times but it's still unclear to me. I was hoping someone that bought a built up bike from Propain with a sram drivetrain and the igsc tab chain guide might be able to tell me what spacer Propain had installed.

As I understand it. The propain chain guide doesn't interfere as it's mounted to tabs so I just go 4.5. But the bike doesn't like that and is noisy in the 52 tooth.

It's very confusing and a lot of threads online about this very question.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 6:38 Quote
GEO147 wrote:
Cheers Wilco. I have read that top to bottom so many times but it's still unclear to me. I was hoping someone that bought a built up bike from Propain with a sram drivetrain and the igsc tab chain guide might be able to tell me what spacer Propain had installed.

As I understand it. The propain chain guide doesn't interfere as it's mounted to tabs so I just go 4.5. But the bike doesn't like that and is noisy in the 52 tooth.

I had some rattling from the chain rubbing on the bashguard/chain guide when using the 52:er, but it has actually stopped by itself after a short while.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 23:13 Quote
Guys, i need to find a spare crown race for rhe headset the tyee is shipped with. Anyone has any idea where?

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 23:54 Quote
Direct?

https://acros-components.com/en/products/core/headsets/

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
GEO147 wrote:

For anyone that reads this I asked Propain and they confirmed 4.5mm between BB and cranks.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
Hi guys, can someone tell me what shock compression and rebound tune will fit the tyee?

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
zhAs wrote:
Hi guys, can someone tell me what shock compression and rebound tune will fit the tyee?

I think, it's M/M

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
maybenotaprofile wrote:
zhAs wrote:

I think, it's M/M

Thanks mate, I'm thinking looking forward buying just a tyee raw al frame.

I've got all the rest from my current bike, except shock size.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
What exact rear thru-axle Tyee uses? What thread and length?

I have mesured thread as 1mm so I presume it's M12x1,0

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 2:16 Quote
meshin wrote:
What exact rear thru-axle Tyee uses? What thread and length?

I have mesured thread as 1mm so I presume it's M12x1,0

My Tyee AL came with the Syntace X-12 axle for obviously 148m. The axle is 173mm from the tip to the point where the "head" begins. Head to end of thread is 165mm.

Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 0:57 Quote
Recently bought a tyee frame and quickly got frustrated with the overly tight RS bushings. I found out that the bearing eyelet kit from 2017-19 RM slayer fits the tyee. Part number for anyone interested is in the pic.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011090
Mobile Version of Website