inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 4:52 Quote
Here's a golden oldie:

photo

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 4:58 Quote
More on the DNM:

http://www.risenbicycle.com/sale-8736893-dnm-usd-6-mountain-bike-upside-down-air-suspension-fork-140-160mm-travel.html

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 14:59 Quote
sherbet wrote:
So a bunch of links to a used fork, and a Chinese order site that I can just on guarantee doesn't have it. Have talked to Canada's distro, as well as directly to X-Fusion. The Revel/HLR are absolutely not available. Order one and see where your money goes.

Don't get me wrong, those were all real forks, and I desperately yearn for a Revel, but it just likely won't happen. The rest are either pre-production, didn't make it to retail, or are no longer supported. I'm never going to say you won't find neat used stuff, but that's a long call away from a current retail product.

Does anyone have any time in on the Wren? Gotta admit, my interest is piqued.

Also I have yet to hear of anyone in person actually liking the Maverick stuff. By vast majority counts, it didn't even ride that well when it came out a decade ago, let alone compared to a modern fork.
I called XF in santa cruz a while ago to ask about one of their uni crown forks and I asked about the revel...

they say they are built to order (due to price) and then sold direct to consumer. they do not stock them at any bike shop, hence why you don't see them online.

its there, you just have to call.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 15:59 Quote
Mid build on this >
2003 Manitou Dorado MRD on an old Intense M1. Still needs a transmission and some more finishing touches/setup though. The fork feels like butter.

Intense M1. Manitou Dorado MRD. Hope Bulb with 5 bolt spyders on Mavic 321s with Intense Edge 2.5 tyres amp Hope Mono 6 with Moto levers. Intense Lock-ons. RaceFace Air Alloy bar amp post North Shore crank MRP guide. Azonic SPD pedals amp THE Industries seat.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 19:01 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
So a bunch of links to a used fork, and a Chinese order site that I can just on guarantee doesn't have it. Have talked to Canada's distro, as well as directly to X-Fusion. The Revel/HLR are absolutely not available. Order one and see where your money goes.

Don't get me wrong, those were all real forks, and I desperately yearn for a Revel, but it just likely won't happen. The rest are either pre-production, didn't make it to retail, or are no longer supported. I'm never going to say you won't find neat used stuff, but that's a long call away from a current retail product.

Does anyone have any time in on the Wren? Gotta admit, my interest is piqued.

Also I have yet to hear of anyone in person actually liking the Maverick stuff. By vast majority counts, it didn't even ride that well when it came out a decade ago, let alone compared to a modern fork.
I called XF in santa cruz a while ago to ask about one of their uni crown forks and I asked about the revel...

they say they are built to order (due to price) and then sold direct to consumer. they do not stock them at any bike shop, hence why you don't see them online.

its there, you just have to call.

This is not the message I have gotten on three different occasions. I have been told outright no. Maybe you can get them outside of Canada.

And yeah, I've heard the price on the ones floating around is upwards of 3k USD.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
I've seen a picture of an xfusion inverted fork for a fat bike before that makes my heart pitter patter, however if you can't get the other I'm sure we'll never see that either. Poopy!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 8:35 Quote
sherbet wrote:

This is not the message I have gotten on three different occasions. I have been told outright no. Maybe you can get them outside of Canada.

And yeah, I've heard the price on the ones floating around is upwards of 3k USD.
I concur, it might be a US/Canada thing. Maybe its changed since ive called last? I was also told around 2200 USD (about 3k CAD)

Either way, I would have loved to see these forks introduced at a lower price point to compete with the other high end forks. I get the exclusive part, but moar inverted forks is moar better!!!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 9:01 Quote
I just skimmed through this thread and it sounds like you guys are looking for modern upside down forks, is that right?
If that is the case: http://www.mtb-news.de/news/2016/01/15/test-intend-sc166-upside-down-federgabel/

The guy who makes them, aka Cornelius Kapfinger, works for Trickstuff and has his own little company called Intend. He also makes a downhill fork.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 0:50 Quote
Blablablup123 wrote:
I just skimmed through this thread and it sounds like you guys are looking for modern upside down forks, is that right?
If that is the case: http://www.mtb-news.de/news/2016/01/15/test-intend-sc166-upside-down-federgabel/

The guy who makes them, aka Cornelius Kapfinger, works for Trickstuff and has his own little company called Intend. He also makes a downhill fork.

Wow, Hello! They look sweet Eek

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 12:44 Quote
That looks nice, never seen one before.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
Wow, what are the internals and how much travel do they have? Do you have a web link?

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 14:15 Quote
Ah so the guy from CR Conception finally made his inverted fork.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 16:52 Quote
landscapeben wrote:
Wow, what are the internals and how much travel do they have? Do you have a web link?

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/CrConception/

https://www.facebook.com/CrConception/photos/pcb.1156737861078123/1156732507745325/?type=3&theater

Posted: Jul 12, 2017 at 4:44 Quote
Iron stable has them available. There are Some guys, who already ordered them there.
A shame I just got My metric roughcut :-/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015495
Mobile Version of Website