Powered by Outside

Vancouver

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
There's a facebook group called Vancouver Trail Shredders. It's thick with people of all age and skill ranges looking to get out riding. Check that out. And welcome to Vancouver!

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
There's a facebook group called Vancouver Trail Shredders. It's thick with people of all age and skill ranges looking to get out riding. Check that out. And welcome to Vancouver!

Thanks! Will get on there.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
VanNewbie wrote:
Hello everyone! As the name suggests I'm new to Canada (as well as to the forum). Just moved here from South Africa. I'm obviously psyched to hit the north shore - any recommendations as to how to get started without killing myself? :-)

I have an enduro bike and probably less than average skill levels.

Thanks!

Also check out the "Vancouver Trail Shredders" FB group.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
paja-tousek wrote:
VanNewbie wrote:
Hello everyone! As the name suggests I'm new to Canada (as well as to the forum). Just moved here from South Africa. I'm obviously psyched to hit the north shore - any recommendations as to how to get started without killing myself? :-)

Thanks!

Also check out the "Vancouver Trail Shredders" FB group.

that's a great idea!

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
VanNewbie wrote:

Thanks!

Check out North Shore Ride - https://www.nsride.com
Group rides, discounts on certain gear.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
VanNewbie wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

Thanks! Will get on there.

If you want to ease into the riding here, Burnaby mountain is a good start. Nicole's trail and gear jammer. If you find those easy then I'd recommend Fromme or Seymour next.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
Thanks for all the suggestions. Very much appreciated!

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
Bobsled/Expresso on Fromme, John Deer/Empress Bypass on Seymour

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 9:54 Quote
Any suggestions for shops in the area to get Fox 5wt Teflon-Infused? Having trouble finding the Fox 20wt Gold as well, but I'm not bothered about using moto fork oil. Just thought it'd be a good idea to stick with recommended bath oil for damper side.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 15:25 Quote
CaMKii wrote:
Any suggestions for shops in the area to get Fox 5wt Teflon-Infused? Having trouble finding the Fox 20wt Gold as well, but I'm not bothered about using moto fork oil. Just thought it'd be a good idea to stick with recommended bath oil for damper side.

I'll provide my own update for anyone else curious. Called around to Kinetik, Dunbar, SuspensionWerx. No one's selling it. SuspensionWerx has some but apparently the oils are in short supply right now and they are keeping their stock for in house services.

The Bike Shop out of Calgary has both oils in stock with free shipping >$80 CAD. The two bottles of oil + seal kit easily made the threshold so placed my order.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
CaMKii wrote:
CaMKii wrote:

I'll provide my own update for anyone else curious. Called around to Kinetik, Dunbar, SuspensionWerx. No one's selling it. SuspensionWerx has some but apparently the oils are in short supply right now and they are keeping their stock for in house services.

The Bike Shop out of Calgary has both oils in stock with free shipping >$80 CAD. The two bottles of oil + seal kit easily made the threshold so placed my order.

Oil based lubricants will be in short supply for a while. Due to the crazy storm in Texas a lot of bulk material used in producing them spoiled. This has had a big effect on the business I’m in.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:45 Quote
No shops in Kamloops have any fox gold either. So def in short supply out there.

I briefly looked into Whistler Performance Lubricants fork oil and while they have stock available their viscosity chart is different than that of comparable fox products. So not sure if that's a legit option or not. Don't know enough about that sorta stuff.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 15:33 Quote
Looking for a list more or less comprehensive that goes through the difficulties as Blue's and Blacks and Double blacks are not accurate enough... Should be a scale like rock climbing

Anyone able to fill in the gaps with some trails on Fromme and Seymour?

Easy to Hard

Blue / Black

Bob sled
Emperess bypass
John deere
Crinken Crankum

Blacks

Espresso
Floppy bunny
Pangor

Harder Blacks

7th Secret
Grannies

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 23:26 Quote
From easy to hard:

Roadside Attraction
Empress Bypass
Bobsled
Lower Expresso
High School League
Expresso
Kirkford
John Deer
Griffens
Leppard
Floppy Bunny
Crinkem Crankum

After this point most of the hards/blacks have relatively the same price of admission. But to your point Kirkford/CC/Floppy are nowhere near as black/hard as 7th/Pangor/Pingu etc

O+
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 18:21 Quote
Holy it’s been eons since posting in here.

Back into riding over the last few years, unfortunately the old crew I used to ride with has hung up their fun gear and just gets sweaty with cardio now. Looking for a few guys who want to add another intermediate / advanced rider to their group for group rides and shuttle runs on Seymour and Cypress.

Have a Sight with some fun bits for trail riding and an Aurum HSP for shuttle and park days. 36 yrs old and not super out of shape, I’m on fromme 3 days a week minimum for the most part. Comfortable on single blacks and some tech doubles from time to time.

Feels like an old vancouver sun personals ad writing this. Someone love me. Also joined the Facebook group mentioned at top of this page and will see if there’s any action there as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.333645
Mobile Version of Website