PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
FL
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 14:06 Quote
Whats the deal with the medical cert?? Do I need one? I have Silver BCF licence

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 22:19 Quote
jarb88 wrote:
Whats the deal with the medical cert?? Do I need one? I have Silver BCF licence

Ya won't need a medical cert. a race license it fine. I checked a little while ago for when we applied.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 3:15 Quote
29 Days until qualifying. How are you all feeling?

My bike is in bits, the frame is in my workshop striped down ready for new bearings, the forks are with mojo getting a service and a new RC2 cartridge and the only riding I'm doing in on a turbo trainer... not feeling too great at the moment.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 3:30 Quote
k-ron wrote:

My bike is in bits, the frame is in my workshop striped down ready for new bearings, the forks are with mojo getting a service and a new RC2 cartridge and the only riding I'm doing in on a turbo trainer... not feeling too great at the moment.

Currently got the gambler up for sale, going to get an all mtb for the avalanche. Me and the lads are well excited. Can't wait to hit it!

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 3:33 Quote
So gutted I can't go this year! Want to put my TR250 through it's paces!

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 3:54 Quote
Just a quick one. When and where do we pick up our numbers etc from?

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 4:09 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:

Sports Centre in ADH on Thursday. In the lower part of the town there is a big roundabout and it's next to the Notre Dame des Neiges, on Avenue de Brandes.

IIRC Last year we were there on the Wednesday to get our lift pass and they let us sign on then.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 4:28 Quote
k-ron wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:

Sports Centre in ADH on Thursday. In the lower part of the town there is a big roundabout and it's next to the Notre Dame des Neiges, on Avenue de Brandes.

IIRC Last year we were there on the Wednesday to get our lift pass and they let us sign on then.

Is that on the Thursday of the avalanche week? We are also doing the DH sprint? Does all this get picked up when we are in the alps? I think we are heading over on the 15th early hours. So we are there the day before. So the begginning of the week is just getting ya kit sorted?

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 4:31 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
k-ron wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:

Is that on the Thursday of the avalanche week? We are also doing the DH sprint? Does all this get picked up when we are in the alps? I think we are heading over on the 15th early hours. So we are there the day before. So the begginning of the week is just getting ya kit sorted?

Yeah Thursday Maga week. DH Sprint??? Is that the Vaujany Gravity Enduro on the 14-15?

We should be there on the night of Tuesday 17th.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 4:43 Quote
k-ron wrote:

I've been on the turbo for the past few weeks,

Been out on the road bike all this week averaging 35 miles a day!!! Still no where near as fit as i would like to be

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 5:00 Quote
stuartpenney wrote:
So gutted I can't go this year! Want to put my TR250 through it's paces!

Likewise. Did it in 2010 and loved the whole week.
No training before hand, just rocked up and rode. Awesome time.
The biggest frustrations were people that get off and walk the technical sections, I actually got off and ran past a load of guys that were queuing during qualifying... its a race for crying out loud. Smile
Even worse though is people run out of puff on the uphills and just stop dead in the middle of the track... get out of the way the way!
Loved it.

Wish I could do it again this year.
Its on my 2013 bucket list though.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 5:03 Quote
k-ron wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:
k-ron wrote:

Yeah Thursday Maga week. DH Sprint??? Is that the Vaujany Gravity Enduro on the 14-15?

Happy days mate! Take a laptop and look on here well all meet up over there Smile partaaaaay!

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 6:10 Quote
Ha a pink bike night on the beers could make for a interesting day of riding after

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 6:19 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
k-ron wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:

Happy days mate! Take a laptop and look on here well all meet up over there Smile partaaaaay!

I'll be taking my laptop with me, see you in a pub or on the trails Smile

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
look out for this out there!
NEW Cane creek double barrel with 500lbs Titanium spring Plastic wrapped frame Hope V2 brakes with 203 vented discs rockshox Domain forks 160mm u-turn ready for the alps
probably being riden by some hunk

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030032
Mobile Version of Website