Any wisconsin riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Any wisconsin riders
O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:00 Quote
Well I'm pretty new to Madison, my dj bike is at home but my fr bike is still here so if you ever fancy going for a ride just messge me, I live in a dorm in lakeshore and am always down to ride.

Although I did see your jackal at Rays on Sunday, I was on a rental bike with blue xc helmet on.

wiscoshred wrote:
I live about 45min. outside of Madison, and I have some buddies that ride on the near west side. I recently converted over to a 26" DJ from a bmx. Let me know if anyone is interested in riding this spring. I typically ride quarry park, ray's, madison street (i know of many spots), and I would like to venture to blackhawk, although I'm not sure if blackhawk is ride-able with a hardtail.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 18:52 Quote
i dont live in wiscosin but im alittle over an hour from madison in marengo il if anyone wants to ride

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 5:11 Quote
Cool man, you are riding distance from a bunch of spots down by Lakeshore! My folks house is over by Camp Randall, so i'm right in the same area on the weekends usually. I'll definitely shoot you a message when it gets nicer out

spudlord wrote:
Well I'm pretty new to Madison, my dj bike is at home but my fr bike is still here so if you ever fancy going for a ride just messge me, I live in a dorm in lakeshore and am always down to ride.

Although I did see your jackal at Rays on Sunday, I was on a rental bike with blue xc helmet on.

wiscoshred wrote:
I live about 45min. outside of Madison, and I have some buddies that ride on the near west side. I recently converted over to a 26" DJ from a bmx. Let me know if anyone is interested in riding this spring. I typically ride quarry park, ray's, madison street (i know of many spots), and I would like to venture to blackhawk, although I'm not sure if blackhawk is ride-able with a hardtail.

FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 6:49 Quote
Anyone interested in going to Rays this winter should message me. I'm in Madison and need to get some on the bike to survive the brutal cold.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 5:41 Quote
Does anyone know what the riding is like in the Greenbush area? I know they have some pretty long rides out there but I've never been. Its a few hours away from me so I want to make sure its worth the drive. That area seems pretty flat to me but you never know.

Posted: Feb 17, 2014 at 22:26 Quote
I am from Platteville and we have some fun XC, but with my motocross background I am looking for more dh or dirt jumps. I have a fuel ex9. I went to rays for the first time last weekend and rode a dj bike.... I am thinking about building one now! I am super pumped to see there is more than just XC riding in the area. I have actually been to the rock in MKE area for a wedding once and I thought I saw someone riding around. I can't wait to go back and hit up the different spots in Madison now as well. I am now that much more excited for this darn snow to disappear. Look forward to riding with some of you guys.

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 3:57 Quote
RidinRyan wrote:
I am from Platteville and we have some fun XC, but with my motocross background I am looking for more dh or dirt jumps. I have a fuel ex9. I went to rays for the first time last weekend and rode a dj bike.... I am thinking about building one now! I am super pumped to see there is more than just XC riding in the area. I have actually been to the rock in MKE area for a wedding once and I thought I saw someone riding around. I can't wait to go back and hit up the different spots in Madison now as well. I am now that much more excited for this darn snow to disappear. Look forward to riding with some of you guys.

Cheers, man. While I don't live in Wisconsin any more, I can vouch for some good riding there. I lived in Madison, and for jumping/trails, you'll want to hit Quarry Park (small but fun) Quarry Ridge (closest thing to DH in Madison) and Blackhawk Ski Area, some jumps (if they're still there) and good XC with some DH runs.

As for Madison though, it's probably one of the best cities for street. Plenty of spots, completely ridable dowtown/campus area, and it's one of the few towns that is tolerant of street riding. Inteactions with police/security is generally amicable and they're nicer to bikers than skaters.

Best spots to check out are Library Mall, Footbridge over Campus Drive, the WARF building, and the area around Engineering Hall.

Posted: Jun 1, 2014 at 20:01 Quote
FYI there might be some cool stuff being built at cascade "mountain". I helped with some stuff there last year for WORS there's an sweet
Open rock face in part of it. The trails aren't open to the public yet but there's a bit of potential there in the future.

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 19:50 Quote
Bike-In-8bit wrote:
FYI there might be some cool stuff being built at cascade "mountain". I helped with some stuff there last year for WORS there's an sweet
Open rock face in part of it. The trails aren't open to the public yet but there's a bit of potential there in the future.

I will be racing the Super D July 13. Hopefully they start up on the mtb thing as Devils Head is a joke right now.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 8:40 Quote
I live in delafield, i ride the rock bike park in franklin and devils head in merrimac. Heard there's some stuff in lake geneva and cascade mtn, but i can't confirm.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 13:54 Quote
Pinehurstpark.org

Eau Claire, WI

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 19:17 Quote
Hey guys what are the goto dh as we get spots in the Madison area , Lake Geneva , Minocqua areas

1. Rock seen videos

2. devils heads know nothing

3. Cascade MTn just the race?

4. Blackhawk Madison

5. ????

6. ??????

sorry to bring this back

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 19:37 Quote
except for blackhawk, everything in Madisons a waste of time
yabbaDABdo wrote:
Hey guys what are the goto dh as we get spots in the Madison area , Lake Geneva , Minocqua areas

1. Rock seen videos

4. Blackhawk Madison

5. ????

6. ??????

sorry to bring this back

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 7:38 Quote
I just moved to Madison with my DH and bmx bikes. don't know anything about the scene here, I'm looking to dig/ride

yabbaDABdo wrote:

1. Rock seen videos

4. Blackhawk Madison

5. ????

6. ??????

sorry to bring this back

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 11:17 Quote
milqtostr wrote:
I just moved to Madison with my DH and bmx bikes. don't know anything about the scene here, I'm looking to dig/ride

yabbaDABdo wrote:

1. Rock seen videos

4. Blackhawk Madison

5. ????

6. ??????

sorry to bring this back

The street is very good there and the cops are generally pretty permissive, as long as you're not in huge rowdy groups and doing hardcore ledge sessions they'll pretty much leave you alone.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035810
Mobile Version of Website