Powered by Outside

Norco why such a bad rep?

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco why such a bad rep?
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
I personally think they are great bikes for the money, Id buy another for sure.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 18:02 Quote
bmx-caleb wrote:
Norco bikes are amazing, amazing bang for the buck, they look good, and ride great. Anyone who doesnt like them should go buy one of there own.

I'll pass Cool

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 18:04 Quote
ridewithme wrote:
bmx-caleb wrote:
Norco bikes are amazing, amazing bang for the buck, they look good, and ride great. Anyone who doesnt like them should go buy one of there own.

I'll pass Cool

Good all the more for us Then LOL

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 19:19 Quote
bmx-caleb wrote:

lol....sorry, I'm busy riding my DMR and Transition's.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
norcos i find ride wierd i was riding an a-line and personaly wouldnt buy another one. but iam not going to lie the norco 4hun looks like a super sick bike.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
norcoandrew wrote:
wickedskilz wrote:
dirtyjumper wrote:
First off there aussie boy, you have to know what your talking about. Because Banshee bikes have way more problem then Norco bikes do. I worked in the only norco only bike shop in north america up in whistler, and let me tell you they are one of the strongest bikes you can buy. Day in and day out we put these bikes through the tests of the whistler bike park and out of the 30 odd bikes we had, not one had a problem with the actual frame itself. I do agree with some of the bikes have some bad geometry, but they fixed that, but you cant say they are shitty, or weak bikes. I bet you couldnt break one if you tried. (by riding).
First off there Canadian boy, maybe you should read my post before going crazy. I said the geometry was terrible not that the frame is weak. I said they use the same linkage system as Specialized which is incredibly strong but the overall quality of their bikes for using that system isn't as good as what i would have expected. And I never mentioned Banshee Bikes anywhere so why talk about that? As for "one of the strongest bikes you can buy" I really don't think so.

To the other guy, I was on a large which has the right stand-over height but the top tube length was way too short. I felt that the wheel base is too long for such a short top tube length as well which made it hard to manoeuvre properly. Its just personal preference but thats why I don't like them.

A large what? There are about 100 or so different Norco's that you could have been on. So - which one? What were you expecting it to do? A Large Atomik is totally different than a Large Fluid...I could just as well say that i tried a Large Specialized for free-riding, leave out that it was an Epic XC, and say that Specialized suck because this Large Specialized that I tried was all wrong for free-riding. Duh - of course it would be, the Epic as a siper light XC bike - me thinks some clarification is in order or your coments remain undefensible.
Firstly, why do I need to defend my comments when they are my personal opinion? I've justified why I think they're shit so stop asking for an answer because I've said the same thing twice now. And just so you're happy, I tried a large A-Line, Shore, Atomik, Torrent and many others. IMO they were all terrible when it comes down to the geometry of the bike. The head angle on all of them was too steep and the top-tube length on the duallies was too short (which I've said before). The frame design quality still lacks as I've said before.

If you're going to be picky about models, there is no bike called an Epic XC, its an Epic Comp, Marathon etc.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 20:57 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
bmx-caleb wrote:

lol....sorry, I'm busy riding my DMR and Transition's.

Why are you still posting WE know already BLA BLA BLA

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 21:55 Quote
well I have my own opinions of DMR...but i'll keep them too my self

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 22:20 Quote
as it was posted before. norco used to make really cheap bikes. totally bottom line bikes right beside ccm and super cycle. now they make some race worthy bikes(team dh) and the international standard for fr bikes(a-line). i own an 03 aline, and i love it. the only thing i would change(as with most of their dh/fr bikes) is the head tube angle could be steeper and the top tube a little bit longer. they now make some awesome bikes and are jsut having a tough time shedding their bad rep of times gone past.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 22:42 Quote
Well they didn't just make crappy bikes at one time. Throughout the entire history of Norco they have made high-end bikes. What happened was during the late 90's when the price crunch came people were buying less bikes from Bike shops and buying Canadian Tire bikes. Norco decided to make bikes to compete with that price point where the rest of the bike companies were to good for that so they ignored a huge marketplace.

Now the MTB is "Cool" again they are putting much more emphasis on the high-end bike but still make a $250 bike. The "Purist" or the guy who is too cool, cannot have a 6K bike made by the same guys that make $250 bikes.

Freeride hardtails stock for the money nothing can beat them. I have been in the "Industry" for almost 4 years now and nobody still makes a 6+" Hardtail for a decent price with a good spec.

I rode a sasquatch and i loved it. I would buy a rampage tomorrow if i had the money and the need for another bike. They bomb-proof as long as you are using the bike for the intended purpose. EX using a XXXX for 4x and not shredding whistler and hucking 30fters, but hey they have an awesome warranty. Can't go wrong with a norco.

Transition and DMR have their niches, and i have my own opinions for them, but thats neither here nor their.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 22:57 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Well they didn't just make crappy bikes at one time. Throughout the entire history of Norco they have made high-end bikes. What happened was during the late 90's when the price crunch came people were buying less bikes from Bike shops and buying Canadian Tire bikes. Norco decided to make bikes to compete with that price point where the rest of the bike companies were to good for that so they ignored a huge marketplace.

Now the MTB is "Cool" again they are putting much more emphasis on the high-end bike but still make a $250 bike. The "Purist" or the guy who is too cool, cannot have a 6K bike made by the same guys that make $250 bikes.

Freeride hardtails stock for the money nothing can beat them. I have been in the "Industry" for almost 4 years now and nobody still makes a 6+" Hardtail for a decent price with a good spec.

I rode a sasquatch and i loved it. I would buy a rampage tomorrow if i had the money and the need for another bike. They bomb-proof as long as you are using the bike for the intended purpose. EX using a XXXX for 4x and not shredding whistler and hucking 30fters, but hey they have an awesome warranty. Can't go wrong with a norco.

Transition and DMR have their niches, and i have my own opinions for them, but thats neither here nor their.

Pretty much said it all man, good job.

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 8:53 Quote
wickedskilz wrote:
norcoandrew wrote:
wickedskilz wrote:

First off there Canadian boy, maybe you should read my post before going crazy. I said the geometry was terrible not that the frame is weak. I said they use the same linkage system as Specialized which is incredibly strong but the overall quality of their bikes for using that system isn't as good as what i would have expected. And I never mentioned Banshee Bikes anywhere so why talk about that? As for "one of the strongest bikes you can buy" I really don't think so.

To the other guy, I was on a large which has the right stand-over height but the top tube length was way too short. I felt that the wheel base is too long for such a short top tube length as well which made it hard to manoeuvre properly. Its just personal preference but thats why I don't like them.

A large what? There are about 100 or so different Norco's that you could have been on. So - which one? What were you expecting it to do? A Large Atomik is totally different than a Large Fluid...I could just as well say that i tried a Large Specialized for free-riding, leave out that it was an Epic XC, and say that Specialized suck because this Large Specialized that I tried was all wrong for free-riding. Duh - of course it would be, the Epic as a siper light XC bike - me thinks some clarification is in order or your coments remain undefensible.
Firstly, why do I need to defend my comments when they are my personal opinion? I've justified why I think they're shit so stop asking for an answer because I've said the same thing twice now. And just so you're happy, I tried a large A-Line, Shore, Atomik, Torrent and many others. IMO they were all terrible when it comes down to the geometry of the bike. The head angle on all of them was too steep and the top-tube length on the duallies was too short (which I've said before). The frame design quality still lacks as I've said before.

If you're going to be picky about models, there is no bike called an Epic XC, its an Epic Comp, Marathon etc.

Hmm - try the 08 Atomik - 63.6 degree head angle (64.5 in the other setting) - 595 top tube length for the large. (specialized demo 8 is 592 mm top tube, 64 or 65 degree head tube). Looks like what you want...

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 11:33 Quote
Camera Ice burn??

I have read a few post stating bad geo on Norco. I think it is a lot of misinformation being posted on here. Demo 8 pretty close to Atomic (A-Line-TeamDH). i have not heard bad geo statements about Specialized. Hmm marketing eh!

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 20:22 Quote
....yep,norco are good with me too...i just got a used 07 rival and like it so much i want to find another...so if anyone has one please email thirteensharks@hotmail.com ....must be black though...by the by,would only change one thing.... the suns have to go.....happy shredding

Erin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030474
Mobile Version of Website