Powered by Outside

Where Do You Keep Your Bike?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Where Do You Keep Your Bike?
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
In the shed, I would bring it into the house but there isn't room. I wish we had a garage...

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
i have a felling that if you put your bike in the garage through out winter something bad will happen to it.. :S

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 15:41 Quote
awais wrote:
i have a felling that if you put your bike in the garage through out winter something bad will happen to it.. :S
na, as long as its dry and you bounce the suspension and spin the tires form time to time to keep seals from getting sticky then your all good.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
HOUSE! in the dinning room but going to have to put it in my bed room soon as it gets redecorated Pirate

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
cthorpe wrote:
awais wrote:
na, as long as its dry and you bounce the suspension and spin the tires form time to time to keep seals from getting sticky then your all good.

maybe in California. I wouln't want my bike sitting for like 6 months in -10 and lower weather.

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
odin333 wrote:
cthorpe wrote:
awais wrote:

maybe in California. I wouln't want my bike sitting for like 6 months in -10 and lower weather.
california isn't all pom trees like people think. i live in the mountains at 4000ft elevation. right now its 25 degrees(-3.8 ) and snowing. we average 180-200 inches of snow a year. i know canada is colder and gets more snow but hey it aint nice weather here either

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
in the summer backyard and garage and in winter basment and room

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:07 Quote
in my room, but we got insuranceJailbreak

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
odin333 wrote:
cthorpe wrote:
awais wrote:

i've left my rival in my garage in like -40C and it was fine during the summer. my torrent is currently in the same garage and i've taken it out a couple times when it was warm and it rides the same as it did when i brought it home from the shop

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
in the house locked.

ok its not locked in the pic but it is usually.

photo

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
in my room, or in the bike shop... mostly switch from day to day

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
i keep both mine in my room

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
insurance is really expensive when you don't live with your parents (i'm in a student flat...), so we don't have any. Our basic insurance covers bikes up to the value of 250 quid - which wont even cover my forks.

so we have six bikes wedged in a small cupboard, chained to a ground anchour. with three more cable locks through the frames to be safe (you can't get the bikes out locked together). then we have plastic ramp over the top of them, with a locking chin up bar above it so you can't more the ramp and can't get at the bikes.

a theif could probably get through it, but i'd hope one of us would wake up before said theif got the bikes out. (although the flat is sometimes empty at the weekends).

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
sonicsloth wrote:
insurance is really expensive when you don't live with your parents (i'm in a student flat...), so we don't have any. Our basic insurance covers bikes up to the value of 250 quid - which wont even cover my forks.

so we have six bikes wedged in a small cupboard, chained to a ground anchour. with three more cable locks through the frames to be safe (you can't get the bikes out locked together). then we have plastic ramp over the top of them, with a locking chin up bar above it so you can't more the ramp and can't get at the bikes.

a theif could probably get through it, but i'd hope one of us would wake up before said theif got the bikes out. (although the flat is sometimes empty at the weekends).

new york chain lock,yeah pricey at £130 but cheaper than replacing 3 bikes.

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 17:11 Quote
i cant see it hurting a BMX in the garage because there's no fluids or anything just deflate the tires so they don't expand and pop

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017928
Mobile Version of Website