Powered by Outside

Where is Josh Bender?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Where is Josh Bender?
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
bougs wrote:
i wish more riders were like bender. he just hucks himself. now if u cant do a flip your going nowhere. its like dropin season 2 when they hucked gillard road gap u dont see that shit anymore. i find that biking is starting to get boring because of this. we need more guys like bender who will through himself off anything. its like romaniuk. he used to huck averything and do rodeos. now he has to do flips just to keep up. its fukin bullshit
Really Mad

Speek for yourself, I don't see you doing massive road gaps.

tut tut he says how he thinks the sport should progress, doesn't mean he should push it in that direction by riding like that himself.

otherwise all mtb magazines/e-zines and sports tv could stop doing their shit right now.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
i wish more riders were like bender. he just hucks himself. now if u cant do a flip your going nowhere.

go back a couple of NSX (digger's north shore) videos...you'll see bender in 2005 backflipping a banshee scream on the north shore, in a nasty looking trails (not a smooth DJ with loads of run out)

Josh rocks Wink

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
josh benda is da ballinest, gnagsest, bestest, blinginest rida out der he can kill ane rida in anyting if ane1 of yo peeps dis him ima gonna kil yo Pimp

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
bougs wrote:
i wish more riders were like bender. he just hucks himself. now if u cant do a flip your going nowhere. its like dropin season 2 when they hucked gillard road gap u dont see that shit anymore. i find that biking is starting to get boring because of this. we need more guys like bender who will through himself off anything. its like romaniuk. he used to huck averything and do rodeos. now he has to do flips just to keep up. its fukin bullshit
Really Mad

Exactly. I'd much rather see mountain bikes in mountains than pretending to be a BMX. It doesn't give the sport a very good image if it's basically the same as BMXing. No other sport can do what mountain bikes can do in the right situation, so bring back hucking!

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
HERE HERE!!! bring back the huck

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
well his bike is in the shop at cyclepath in calgary alberta

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
alaska look at decline

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
RockGiant wrote:
bougs wrote:
Really Mad

Exactly. I'd much rather see mountain bikes in mountains than pretending to be a BMX. It doesn't give the sport a very good image if it's basically the same as BMXing. No other sport can do what mountain bikes can do in the right situation, so bring back hucking!

thank you, atleast somene agrees

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
sherbet wrote:
He's hiding from publicity. Time to leave him be.
no dude, he was on the cover of DECLINE mag. a couple monthes ago

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
yeahh i would like to see josh bender make a good come back, but atleast there is matt hunter who has a go big gap style not do back flips and tailwhips everyhit... he is almost our last hope to preserve original freeriding, even though i like were mtb is going its almost too much like bmx were the most backflips and tailwhips and combos win the comp, they could start puttin in some huge ass hits that no one has balls to back flip. thats what i would like to see

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 17:52 Quote
I think that mountain biking as a sport should try and move away from BMX. There's no point copying, as they'll be better. Put mountain bikes riding things that can _only_ be ridden by mountain bikes, and the sport looks a whole lot better.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
RockGiant wrote:
I think that mountain biking as a sport should try and move away from BMX. There's no point copying, as they'll be better. Put mountain bikes riding things that can _only_ be ridden by mountain bikes, and the sport looks a whole lot better.
And Josh Benders trying to do BMX stunts with his mountain bike??????? whats your point?

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
josh bender is lost

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.173312
Mobile Version of Website