Freeride Hardtailing

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride Hardtailing
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 19:56 Quote
I don't know much about brodie, I never heard of them in the states before pink bike

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 19:59 Quote
brodoies huge ovber here in canada.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 20:04 Quote
Don't put a dual-crown fork on your bike unless you don't want a bike anymore. As for being big, I only see them here in Quebec. In the rest of Canada, I saw mostly Norco and Kona.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 20:33 Quote
I do 10 ft drop on my 04 Norco Rampage with 170mm double crown and never got a problem...

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 22:05 Quote
dude the only real bad part about a hard tail is in order to go bigger on dirt jumps or drops you must make everything steeper in order to hit them right, without breaking your bike. The fact is hard tailers don't need big suspension eiether to take hard impacts, you have to realize in the end its all about how steep the landings are and how fast your going.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 11:54 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
No, he's right, the tech over at Konaworld freaks if you even mention sticking a 101mm fork on their DJ frames. He says the bike was designed for 100mm and that we will end up headtube-less in a matter of seconds. I call bullshit on that fact though, my bike is handling the 160mm just fine. Yes, my Scrap came with a 130mm fork.

rly? what year and what kind of forks were on it?

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 12:29 Quote
Ive got an 05 stuff, and mine came with a 110mm drop off. not a bad fork.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
ridingqc wrote:
I do 10 ft drop on my 04 Norco Rampage with 170mm double crown and never got a problem...

A rampage is a lot burlier than a Brodie Omega.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 13:31 Quote
samstarnes11 wrote:
yeahh thgouh so what doyuthink is agood upgrade from the stock marzochi mz comp
on my brodie omega?

Look, you seem to be going about this the wrong way. It seems like you want to buy a new bike, then instantly upgrade all the parts. That's probably the least cost-efficient way that you could obtain a new bike. Why don't you just buy a better bike right from the start. Maybe go with a Brodie Brat or a Hellion. Hell, the Bruzza isn't THAT much more expensive, and it's a nicely - specced ride.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 13:32 Quote
allday wrote:
m47h13u wrote:
No, he's right, the tech over at Konaworld freaks if you even mention sticking a 101mm fork on their DJ frames. He says the bike was designed for 100mm and that we will end up headtube-less in a matter of seconds. I call bullshit on that fact though, my bike is handling the 160mm just fine. Yes, my Scrap came with a 130mm fork.

rly? what year and what kind of forks were on it?

03 Scrap, EXR comp fork. I should take a picture of the fork with a tape measure.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 18:56 Quote
The manik and rampage are the exact same frames, but different colours. Only the components are different on them.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 7:29 Quote
my advice is ride a fs during the season and a ht in the off season, that will give you better experience on the hartail helping you improve your skillz (and speed) on a fs.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 20:06 Quote
my 33 pound vagrant is way more nimbler than any full suspension i've ridden and i think i go alot faster on it

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 20:09 Quote
yo if i use a 03 for ht free ride will i get faster and polish my skills before i hit up my glory in season?

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 7:27 Quote
specializedair wrote:
yo if i use a 03 for ht free ride will i get faster and polish my skills before i hit up my glory in season?
DEFINATELY

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048133
Mobile Version of Website