Powered by Outside

Old schoolers -Again.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Old schoolers -Again.
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
rialb wrote:
sorbet wrote:
WHAT! what a horrible thing to wake up tooCry . Ive got an idea... You know at the beginning of the old oldschoolers thread there was a list of stuff about posters? How about for this new thread we start adding new things to the list? Like "Have a few horny posts about Laurie1" or something?

That sounds like a good idea. But first let me build a legacy so I can be forever preserved on the first page of the new Old Schoolers thread.
Hahaha. I need to build one too, hmmmm.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
Does everyone agree that dropping a pount off your bike is drastically different than dropping a pount of body weight?

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
signorvince wrote:
Does everyone agree that dropping a pount on your bike is drastically different than dropping a pount of fat?
I do think it's drastically different.

Depends where you lose it though. Of course if you lose a pound in your Wheels/Tires then you'll lose rotational weight and you'll be able to feel it. If you lose weight in your frame, fork, cranks, etc. then you won't be able to feel the difference quite as much.

But either way it's always great to lose a pound of fat.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
So, what is everyone else doing?

I'm being a traditional Englishman and having fish & chips Razz (mmmm, greasy..)

It's all about Beshoff Brothers......Yep.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://rob.ringlandata.com/images/beshoffs.gif

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
signorvince wrote:
Does everyone agree that dropping a pound of your bike is drastically different than dropping a pound of body weight?
Yes, My body weight changes all the time, my bikes does not. Bikes only lost weight when you take a part off or switch parts. Body weight changes because of everything, eating, growing, exercises, etc.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
sorbet wrote:
signorvince wrote:
Does everyone agree that dropping a pound of your bike is drastically different than dropping a pound of body weight?
Yes, My body weight changes all the time, my bikes does not. Bikes only lost weight when you take a part off or switch parts. Body weight changes because of everything, eating, growing, exercises, etc.

Right, there's a kid who thinks it's stupid to spend money to make you bike a pound lighter, because you can just lose a pound of fat and it's the same thing.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
srobinson wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
So, what is everyone else doing?

I'm being a traditional Englishman and having fish & chips Razz (mmmm, greasy..)
I just ate 4 fatty grilled cheese samichs. Thinkin about goin out to the garage and finally puttin on my pg980 and pc971 that I've had for like 2 weeks now.

That's rather impressive. I think I'm going to make some now Big Grin
Why thank you Big Grin

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
Mmhm fire. Fireman
<Photo does not exist: 2357977>

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
signorvince wrote:
sorbet wrote:
signorvince wrote:

Right, there's a kid who thinks it's stupid to spend money to make you bike a pound lighter, because you can just lose a pound of fat and it's the same thing.

I agree with that part. Not the fat part.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
I only spend money to get lighter parts when the part's need replacing.

Like when I was faced with getting new bars, it wa Deity vs. ProTaper OS.

I chose the ProTapers because they're lighter and still cheap.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
signorvince wrote:
I only spend money to get lighter parts when the part's need replacing.

Like when I was faced with getting new bars, it wa Deity vs. ProTaper OS.

I chose the ProTapers because they're lighter and still cheap.
I f*ckin love my Protapers. Perfect rise and sweep, and are super light and you really notice a diff in vibrations for something like truvativ.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
Ahh, os 2. Took me a few to find it, thanks for the invite nobody.......

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
Is it actually REALLY beneficial to lose say 500g of rotational weight, say from the wheels and tyres? How much more would you have to make an effort of spinning?

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Thanks for the friend request... GOSH!Rolleyes
haha just kidding

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:

I thought you would have read the last post on the OS original, but at least you're here now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.275758
Mobile Version of Website