Powered by Outside

08 Specialized Enduro SL Expert vs 08 Trek Remedy 8

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
08 Specialized Enduro SL Expert vs 08 Trek Remedy 8
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
Enduro Sl's supension is designed by Fox, and weighs in at 30lbs, great AM bike for the price and the fork is so much better to have when going downhill.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
go for the trek, the active braking pivot tears it up!! save the 500 and upgrade ther e2 headtube adds a lot of strength for the remedy

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 21:34 Quote
bigquotesI'd say only downside is the Specialized fork/shock but the spec makes up for it.

I test rode (and will get on of these bikes in April) the '08 SL comp, and the fork and shock are amazing, they feel like way more than 6" of travel; bottomless. The issues you hear about the suspension were on the first gen '07 suspensions, and even if your '08 sus does break, it's a free replacement (even up to an '09 model) because of the killer warranty.

Spesh all the way by specs, but test ride them both first, obviously. If you really hate/love one get that one/the other one/ Wink

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 22:33 Quote
Nice thread dig! 4 months, impressive.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
You do know you just compared your OPINION to a FACT correct?
Did you learn in school yet the difference between opinions and facts?

"pinkbike, the place where grammer is used by few and where opinions become facts"

The trek would smoke the specalized anyday. Better forks, better brakes. The Full Floater, Evo link and abp are brilliant. I own a session 88 and was completely blown away at how this thing pedals up hills. I work in a trek dealer and we have two remedys in stock. one of which is a remedy 8, i rode the thing and it was excellent, Pedalled up like XC bike and rode down like a DH bike. i will be buying a remedy 8 this summer and fitting a DHX coil shock onto and doing a freeride build. The bike is amazing. Dont even consider buying anything else.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
if you have already made a descision thats cool but as far as AqueousBeef is concerned i wouldnt listen to him. Trek has surpassed specialized with the active braking pivot, they havent copied fsr by any means. Trek has the pivot co-ecentric to the hub, and makes the suspension fully active while the brakes are applied, yes just like fsr, but trek has just been able to find a better way than specialized did... specialized makes great bikes but some of the people, canberradh ,have posted some false claims that may have swayed your choice. the seat posts and handlebars and what not are not all made by thompson so lets get that straight, neighter are all the hubs from dt swiss, and the remedy does have full xt and those xt brakes are amazing,ZEPH80 has it right ive heard specialized is over priced but again they make great bikes

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
Honestly, just get the Remedy 8, I ditched the Enduro Sl for a EX8 from Trek.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
Let's make more posts, guys!

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Sarcasm? Or are you just being serious?

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
bigquotesI work in a trek dealer and we have two remedys in stock. one of which is a remedy 8, i rode the thing and it was excellent, Pedalled up like XC bike and rode down like a DH bike.

A bit biased, but hey, I wouldn't know. All I can say is that between the two bikes, I would go for the Specialized by the specs. HOWEVER, JUST TEST RIDE THEM!!! If you hate one or the other, then that's that.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
bigquotesI work in a trek dealer and we have two remedys in stock. one of which is a remedy 8, i rode the thing and it was excellent, Pedalled up like XC bike and rode down like a DH bike.

A bit biased, but hey, I wouldn't know. All I can say is that between the two bikes, I would go for the Specialized by the specs. HOWEVER, JUST TEST RIDE THEM!!! If you hate one or the other, then that's that.
To what model SL are you comparing the Remedy to? The Remedy has a very nice feel to them, and the SL feels slackish.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
Sarcasm, the thread's friggen 4 months old...

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
Sarcasm, the thread's friggen 4 months old...
Alright then, hahaha...does the kid own the SL already, I'm guessing so.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 21:41 Quote
Yeah, nothing's happening here until April.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
Yeah, nothing's happening here until April.
lol This isn't your thread. You're thinking of the other thread that you made.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023724
Mobile Version of Website