Powered by Outside

All you old pinkbikers! from 2005 era!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
All you old pinkbikers! from 2005 era!
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 7:22 Quote
nirryde wrote:
the forum was always better 2-3 years ago.

It's the natural de-progression of things.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
carnell wrote:
2005 the good old days? LOL back in 2005 all the old members used to talk about 2003 and how great it was, and back in 2002/2003 when i joined everyone used to talk about how great the old threaded forum was.

Sadly true. If anyone actually took the time to click around the old forum when it was up, you'd see that a lot of the idiocy was around then, just in a different form. For instance, I remember when 24" rims first hit the market for MTBs and every day there was another "should I get 24s" question?". Instead of everyone saying that every bike should have an Argyle on it, everyone was saying that basically every bike should have a Monster T. Doublewides and Mag 30 were what MTXs and Trailpimps are now. The only thing that has changed are the number of people to interact with, which I don't see as a bad thing.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
I have some very fond memorys of arguments that went nowhere with Brassballs and shazzam. funny thing is that the only reason I found this site is because I bought radeks old super 8 off of him.

The Ham

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
im not sure if i was around then but ive been on here for a while. i stoped posting as ive been way to busy to bike and no bike well why then go on pinkbike. ive bought a car and thats occupied me all summer

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
canucker wrote:
ive bought a car and thats occupied me all summer

Sadly, that's where we loose a lot of younger riders. The car and girlfriend thing comes along and that's the end of it.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
Do we really have to bust out the Tyler Klassen quote?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
canucker wrote:

Sadly, that's where we loose a lot of younger riders. The car and girlfriend thing comes along and that's the end of it.

exacualy my sistuation. i wish i ahd got out more nd biked this summer i only went 3 times. i realy need to fix my flat and get out there

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 22:40 Quote
I remember when I got the never ending thread thread closed once

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
canucker wrote:

Ya girls and working ruin biking.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
I've managed to balance a girlfriend (of 2 and a half years), two part time jobs, and school while still riding lots, now I've moved on to college, no job, and the same awesome woman by my side. Sometimes they get confused as to who I mean (bike and girlfriend). We shall see how this goes over the next year, but I have faith.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
I'm still here. I feel old.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
I remember you from back in the day lettusdude. You had a kid a while back did you not, how is he/she doing?

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 22:29 Quote
haha lettusdude, i recognize your name!

Are the guys from Drop In still considered like super stars? Do they till have that show around?

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 22:45 Quote
adonis wrote:
haha lettusdude, i recognize your name!

Are the guys from Drop In still considered like super stars? Do they till have that show around?

Show is still around, and superstars. Naw.

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 at 1:49 Quote
I'm still alive if that's what anyone is wondering.

Where's Babak? Kid was awesome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.188662
Mobile Version of Website