Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Brakeless Brake Install

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Brakeless Brake Install
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
whats your price range?

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
300-450ish, and ill be riding street and park, no trail

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
yeah
maybe you can look at the stolen sinner 09

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
spit4lube wrote:
yeah
maybe you can look at the stolen sinner 09
i cant find the price of them on danscomp, but what about the verde method?? that looks nice

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
nvm, it a trail bike Razz

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
the 2008 one?
doesnt seem that bad

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
i gotta go now, but ill keep looking tommorow, pce

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
derekt wrote:

It's also a street or park bike. Just because it says it's a trail bike, doesn't mean it wont work on street or park.

As for the weight thing, my first bmx was about 35 lbs. When I started riding, anything under 30 lbs was considered light. I honestly think it's BETTER to start on a heavier bike, that way you build up muscle and once you are able to get a lighter bike, you'll be able to ride better. Heck, my 9 year old brother has a 30 lb 16" bike and he doesn't find it heavy at all.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
derekt wrote:

It's also a street or park bike. Just because it says it's a trail bike, doesn't mean it wont work on street or park.

As for the weight thing, my first bmx was about 35 lbs. When I started riding, anything under 30 lbs was considered light. I honestly think it's BETTER to start on a heavier bike, that way you build up muscle and once you are able to get a lighter bike, you'll be able to ride better. Heck, my 9 year old brother has a 30 lb 16" bike and he doesn't find it heavy at all.

hardcoreSmile
when did you start riding?

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
spit4lube wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
derekt wrote:

hardcoreSmile
when did you start riding?

About 3 or 4 years ago Razz

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
I definatly agree with lettusdude: get the trail 1 it's exactly the same but has actual mounts for a U brake not to mention the geo is based on the S3 which is aitkens pro model and he rides everything so I think it would be just fine for you

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
I definatly agree with lettusdude: get the trail 1 it's exactly the same but has actual mounts for a U brake not to mention the geo is based on the S3 which is aitkens pro model and he rides everything so I think it would be just fine for you
thanks for he info, im still looking around though

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
Right now im riding a Fit Str 1, riding dirt on it is a pain in the ass. All you can use is the caliper brake which is a piece of shit. Either you ride brakeless, or look for another bike my friend

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
way to gravedig, thread was posted november last year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.559354
Mobile Version of Website