How Being A Freestyle Mountain Biker Has Beniffited YOUR life?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How Being A Freestyle Mountain Biker Has Beniffited YOUR life?
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
MFS420 wrote:
Condy26 wrote:
MFS420 wrote:
you know what the say bout a guy with big wheels, big bank account. anyone else notice a nice shift in the prices this year, UP!
big wheels,big bank,big well..you know where im goin haha
ego?
i was gonna say package but sure lol

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
A couple of years ago I came back from a hiking trip with some pain in both knees. The doctor said to take it easy and it would go away. Now, two years down the road it seems to be a chronic condition even after much pt. I had to stop drumming (because of the pedals), backpacking, running, and even had to limit the amount I walked. At nineteen I was pretty down and out and feeling much more like an eighty year old. Enter biking. I met a good friend who rides dh and started riding myself. It turns out that the action of pedaling a bike is great for your knees, and keeps mine healthy enough for me to be able to run and jump, and drum again without pain. As long as I'm biking fairly regularly, I'm just about as healthy as any normal guy. Plus it gave me an awesome job (liftie soon to be bike patroller), great friends, and sweet scars. Although it did curse me with a penchant for highly expensive and suspiciously finicky machines.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
Condy26 wrote:
MFS420 wrote:
Condy26 wrote:

ego?
i was gonna say package but sure lol
sorry to the 20" riders, but on average, i find they have more of an ego than 26'ers

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
compinsating for rim size obviously

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
MFS420 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
we can always use a bigger scene hereWink
how is the riding across the pond. i bet the street scene is deadly, so much older architecture!
most of the stuff i wouldnt be able to do, but i see the lines!
i have to trek to get to these pllaces, but they are so sick, places on every street in the olympic park

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
MFS420 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
we can always use a bigger scene hereWink
how is the riding across the pond. i bet the street scene is deadly, so much older architecture!
most of the stuff i wouldnt be able to do, but i see the lines!
i have to trek to get to these pllaces, but they are so sick, places on every street in the olympic park
ahaha i mistook your blue flag for another. what is there for hostels there, anything riding orientated, if so we could be goin for a ride sometime in the next couple months down there.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:29 Quote
dude, i have no idea, but if you still go to university my local one apparently loves the idea of exchange studentsWink
as for places to stay, i have no idea, i live here!

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
i didn kill myself? id say thatd be a pretty good one

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 6:07 Quote
ridebike23 wrote:
i didn kill myself? id say thatd be a pretty good one
id say so.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
Mtb has cost me alot. Cost me girls, cost skin cells, cost me brain cells, cost well over £2000 and most of all a credible relationship with alot of family. But I dont give a shit. Whatever it costs riding is my life. f*ck money, f*ck skin, f*ck brains, f*ck it all. I just wanna go and ride.

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 at 11:04 Quote
MFS420 wrote:
Condy26 wrote:
MFS420 wrote:
you know what the say bout a guy with big wheels, big bank account. anyone else notice a nice shift in the prices this year, UP!
ego?

Hahaha ego FTW guys.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
dillonchamberlain wrote:
it has seriously helped me a lot, i had scoliosis so bad i needed surgery or else id develop heart and lung problems, and biking gave me something to look forward to while i was recovering. since having back surgery i've gotten a lot better, raced downhill once, and have focused mainly on street/urban and park riding. im so glad i can still ride after all this.
photo

photo

photo

photo

tup

big respect for u dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
rybennett wrote:
i;m a suicidal maniac, bent on self destruction, so what beter activity than to go balls to the wall and f*ck shit up on a bike!!

balls to the wall

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
Biking got me out of drugs and shit! Now i doesn't even wanna think abaout it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.155129
Mobile Version of Website