ginj wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:
Here,

Permit=$20
Driving school= $600
Test=$60
Insurance=$120 per month

Thats expensive Eek

I suppose, im not really sure what the norm is, this is also for a suv, its around the same as my girlfriend who is insured on an 08 honda civic

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 5:52 Quote
Actually, that around £800 a year, and for an SUV thats actually ridiculously cheap! lol

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
Frown My brake pads have worn out. And now my BB has died. Ghey!

Is the Hope Ceramic BB worth an extra £20 more than the normal steel BB? My current one is really resistant, and I've gone through 2 already.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 6:39 Quote
I'd say that ceramic BB's tend to be more reliable, but how long do yours normally last? A ceramic is double the price, yes, but if you think it will last longer than what 2 of the current ones you have do, then obviously its worth it.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
Well, right now if I ride my bike once a week, which tends to be the case. I get about a month or two out of the BB. Depending on where/what I ride. And the conditions I ride in. The ceramic BB will only cost me another £20 more than a steel one. So I guess it's worth it. And if that one breaks, I may have to try out the new CK BB. Their bearing warranty is pretty damn good.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
I refuse to take major part in this bar since my main main Curtis' bar was locked. Frown

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
ginj wrote:
I'm aiming for
£50 provisional
£35 theory
£100 test
£400 lessons
£410 insurance
Total = £995

Big Grin

f*ck off! What car and where from?

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:03 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
I refuse to take major part in this bar since my main main Curtis' bar was locked. Frown
He has had so many bars before.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:05 Quote
How do you guys type the little £ thing? Do you guys have like different keyboards or something?

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:07 Quote
fireman- wrote:
How do you guys type the little £ thing? Do you guys have like different keyboards or something?

Our £ sign is the shift on the 3 button. Our $ is the shift on 4.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
timlake wrote:
2006 Fiesta Big Grin
But, my mum is insured on it, and me and my brother are on the insurance, totaling £820 for the two of us.
Its not that great, but my mum doesn't drive it, she uses the other car and my brother is at uni for 30weeks of the year, so the rest its all mine lol

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:09 Quote
ginj wrote:
timlake wrote:
2006 Fiesta Big Grin
But, my mum is insured on it, and me and my brother are on the insurance, totaling £820 for the two of us.
Its not that great, but my mum doesn't drive it, she uses the other car and my brother is at uni for 30weeks of the year, so the rest its all mine lol

Ah right, I don't wanna do that because you don't build up no-claims. so when i'm 20 odd, and want my own insurance it will be loads more because of no years no-claims.
Hmm, but I suppose if you claim on your first insurance you don't have any no-claims anyway.... :/

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
timlake wrote:
fireman- wrote:
Our £ sign is the shift on the 3 button. Our $ is the shift on 4.
Shift 3 is # for us. Where's your guys # sign then?

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
Yeah thats the only downside, plus I'm going to have a ridiculous excess (like £600 for anything), but my mum just claims and gets it for like £100.

But the no claims bonus thing is pretty shit yeah, but if I didn't have that then I'd have to pay around £500 for a car, then like £1000+ for the insurance, and I just don't have that money Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013106
Mobile Version of Website