Powered by Outside

Marin's NEW Quad DH Bike at Sea Otter

PB Forum :: Downhill
Marin's NEW Quad DH Bike at Sea Otter
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
Marin frames are ugly.
Not fond of the looks. Honestly, IDK how well Quad-Link performs but I'd rather settle with something else. And yes, I am going strictly on looks as none I know has a Quad-Link bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
May ride fine, still uggo.

you may think they are ugly now, but when ones passing you on the trail you'll be wishing you were riding something so sexy

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
It's that front triangle....I think of it.....and I think barf.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://zardoztechmage.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/spaceballs4.jpg

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 0:07 Quote
bikertrash wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
May ride fine, still uggo.

you may think they are ugly now, but when ones passing you on the trail you'll be wishing you were riding something so sexy

I wont....

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 2:04 Quote
The bikes off Muttley and mr-wilson are looking 100x better than that marin

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 2:17 Quote
I think it's beautiful. Very original design and it just looks brutal. Call me a sucker for old-school huckbikes.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 2:18 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
I think it's beautiful. Very original design and it just looks brutal. Call me a sucker for old-school huckbikes.

I think their old version was uglier, this one looks sick though.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
Motoracer31 wrote:
its jut way to complicated of a bike... why wouldnt you go with a proven race worthy/winning bike... Like the session 88 or a Demo or Sunday. There all proven on the world cup circuit and you know there refined to be the best they can be! Nobody rides marins......

yeah but everyone rides Kona's and they truly are shit...
Dont comment unless you have ridden the bike.
It doesnt matter what it looks like, or who the hell rides it. What matters is HOW IT RIDES.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
anyone know the rear shock length on this bike?

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
maybe this question was asked somewhere in the forum

but does anyone worry about the swingarm hitting or rubbing on your legs? cause i do

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
It's really not a problem unless you like death grip the bike with your thighs....Even with the pre '10 quakes it's not really a problem

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 6:42 Quote
never had any issues with my swingarm rubbing or hitting my legs to be fair an my quake is 06

Posted: Oct 28, 2009 at 23:32 Quote
but you couldn't catch a pig between your legs lol. only messin matty.

i don't see how the swingarm moving forwards causes such drama, i've ridden your quake and never noticed it, and i do most my turns with my thigh against the frame

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
steerider wrote:
but you couldn't catch a pig between your legs lol. only messin matty.

i don't see how the swingarm moving forwards causes such drama, i've ridden your quake and never noticed it, and i do most my turns with my thigh against the frame

I have rubbed some of the paint off on mine, but never had an issue with it actually affecting my riding at all.

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
Can't find these in any UK shop, available over here?
or only the us??

Cheers
Stan

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020630
Mobile Version of Website