mar 66 vs travies

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
mar 66 vs travies
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
mrstp wrote:
faith1rider wrote:
66 own travis by farWhip

Marzo for life and manitou is a peace of shit!

ur an idiot. its the opposite. ive used both extensively and the Travis is a much better fork. it doesnt feel like there is 2 bricks inside your fork as the dampning system.

I cant see why peple hate Manitou... the stances suck but oh well.

the problems people name off with Manitou ive had the exact same with Marzocchi and i will never own or ride one again. they just suck that much.

p.s good choice on the travis. i love mine. if you like your bike the way it is now go for 7" if you want more squishiness and more travel go 8"

Whats your f*cking problem to say that marzo is a peace of shit!? Look at manitou before saying that, you idiot! You are the only one that think manitou is better. Go suck ur dad sonova bitch! Thats it for you.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
please do not fight on the forum everyone can have a opinion on this forum so please do not fight just take up space

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:27 Quote
Dont Maitous freeze in the winter? Im not saying smack against them. Both are great companies. I just ride Marzocchi. Ive ridden manitou but I just wanted 888's on my bike Smile I wouldnt mind another bike with 66's or maybe manitous Razz

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:32 Quote
my 2006 66rc2x freeze

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
man i had a manitou and the damn arch broke on it and so have 3 of my others friends,regular arch and even the reverse.. so if 4 people in one area break i think its sayin sumtin.. we all have marzocchi's now and they jus handle everything better..

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:44 Quote
Thats what i'm talking about!:P

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
the travis intrinsic is a very good quality fork, but after riding it for a while, i found it sat VERY low in its travel, and spiked much more than the 66 in high speed impacts. in comparison, the 66 rides a bit higher (although still very low compared to shim-stack dampening systems like the totems motion control), and didnt spike as badly as the travis. I found both dived under braking equally badly, but the marz was slightly stiffer, even when my setup is a spinergy wheel.

my biggest problem was that manitou started the 1.5 steerer to mask their weak materials in their steerer that couldnt handle the stress in a smaller diameter tubing. that knowledge, along with the slight shortcomings in riding the travis was what swung me to the 66, it seemed a better deal, and was still lighter than the travis.

i tried to be pretty unbiased here, however i did buy a 66 in the end, so take it with a grain of salt if you want Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:01 Quote
emubritish wrote:
the travis intrinsic is a very good quality fork, but after riding it for a while, i found it sat VERY low in its travel, and spiked much more than the 66 in high speed impacts. in comparison, the 66 rides a bit higher (although still very low compared to shim-stack dampening systems like the totems motion control), and didnt spike as badly as the travis. I found both dived under braking equally badly, but the marz was slightly stiffer, even when my setup is a spinergy wheel.

my biggest problem was that manitou started the 1.5 steerer to mask their weak materials in their steerer that couldnt handle the stress in a smaller diameter tubing. that knowledge, along with the slight shortcomings in riding the travis was what swung me to the 66, it seemed a better deal, and was still lighter than the travis.

i tried to be pretty unbiased here, however i did buy a 66 in the end, so take it with a grain of salt if you want Rolleyes
so what did you go with for your bike

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:10 Quote
I have a marz 66 and it is the best fork I have ever owned, it absorbs all the small bumps like a DH fork but never bottoms when you huck it. On the trail it keeps its consistent feel and never gets in the way of my riding. It's stiff and looks better than a travis too, but the best part is it never breaks. My old manitou fork lost all adjustment and small bump compliance but my 66 just works and requires almost no maintenance. Save yourself the headache and buy the 66, you will not regret.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:14 Quote
I forgot to mention the seals last a lifetime on the 66, unlike Manitou seals.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 11:12 Quote
dr-phil wrote:
I forgot to mention the seals last a lifetime on the 66, unlike Manitou seals.

thats why you get enduro sealsBeer

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 11:30 Quote
I've really like my travis. I will however say that they tend to sag a little, regardless of how stiff it is. Mine is setup ridiculously soft and there is almost no adjustment, cause its too soft, other than that, Its taken some brutal hits fine.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
tater wrote:
so i think i am going with a travis do you think i should go for a 180mm or the 203 i do some good size jumps and a little dh so any ideas
a bike did not need 203 mm of travel, 180 is all a bike need

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 15:12 Quote
tater wrote:
emubritish wrote:

hope you can tell now...Madder

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 16:04 Quote
emubritish wrote:
tater wrote:
emubritish wrote:

hope you can tell now...Madder
sorry did not read the end

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018134
Mobile Version of Website