Powered by Outside

Vexx?

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:00 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
about which?

Corsair beat me to it........

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:04 Quote
what is WRONG with hadtails? and wtf do you need it on a scale for? duncon cocker - 6.06 lbs soul cycles sluggo 6.6 lbs nicolai 2mxtb 7.7 lbs. those frames are all basically the same and close to the same weight too.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:05 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
what is WRONG with hadtails? and wtf do you need it on a scale for? duncon cocker - 6.06 lbs soul cycles sluggo 6.6 lbs nicolai 2mxtb 7.7 lbs. those frames are all basically the same and close to the same weight too.

They don't have any rear travel. Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:06 Quote
why do you need rear wheel travel?

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:

lol Have you ever been to a DH race? Or ridden a tough track?

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:

so you can go faster
so you can ride harder
so you can ride longer
so you can try new things with out as large of consequences
so the geometry of the bikes isn't completely f*cked when you run a longer travel fork (although, this is optional for you, isn't it?)
so you can have fun on a bike

Why do you run a suspension fork?

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:14 Quote
12.25lbs/5556g (including Shock w/Spring, Seat Collar and Rear Axle, Avg. Small)

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:21 Quote
You guys should stop arguing on this thread. Arguing on the internet is pointless, and it makes it harder for people who search this to actually find useful info in the tread.

I’ve never ridden a Vexx or seen one on the trial, but I looked into these frames online because they are such a great bargain. From what I can tell everyone who has one seems quite happy with it.

The way I see things people care WAY TOO MUCH about brand names these days. Who cares if 5 or 6 companies sell this catalog bike? In the end you’re riding the bloody bike, not the brand. If it’s a solid bike and rides well then what does it matter whose name is written on side or how many people ride it?

And just because it’s made in Taiwan doesn’t mean it’s of inferior quality. A lot of bike companies manufacture their stuff in Taiwan. I ride a Felt Redemption and it came with a “Made in Taiwan” sticker, even though Felt is a German company. Transition bikes, a company almost everyone respects, makes ALL of their frames in Taiwan. I’m pretty sure if the manufacture doesn’t go out of their way to say it’s handmade in USA or whatever, like Ellsworth does, then it’s being made somewhere overseas.

The Sette Vexx is a well built DH frame with 8.5” of travel, and comes with a Rock Shox Vivid for $850. The geo is solid as anything else out there, except for maybe the HA, which can be changed with the right headset. It even looks pretty good. Considering other DH specific frames with this amount of travel and similar geo run in the $1600 to $2400 range, I don’t really see how you could go wrong with this bike.

The only issue I can think of is brake jack. Single pivot DH bikes aren’t known for their ability to handle shutter bumps. Anyone with time on the bike know about this?

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:26 Quote
THANK YOU!!! Mtn-Bik3r I REALLY SAY THIS IN THE SHORT IT WAY POSSIBLE

IS JUST THAT KID IS SO0O0O DUMB AND JEALOUS.

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 21:40 Quote
looks to me like the pivot is way forward and low compared to normal. makes me think it would have lots of chain growth and be not that good at square edge hits, because the axle never goes rearward?

for the money tho, i'de buy it unless i was loaded or anal

and im anal lol

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 23:30 Quote
Oh man you have to go check (GoxBoxSocks) bikes
talking shit and he event has a good f*ckng bike.

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 23:33 Quote
boxxerman wrote:
GoxBoxSocks wrote:

lol you should see some of the shit i've ridden on my vagrant
Here's one:

Views: 11,402    Faves: 399    Comments: 125

either way, STFU! ride what you want, don't be so f*cking judgemental.

Posted: Feb 23, 2010 at 23:54 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
boxxerman wrote:
GoxBoxSocks wrote:

lol you should see some of the shit i've ridden on my vagrant
Here's one:

Views: 11,402    Faves: 399    Comments: 125

either way, STFU! ride what you want, don't be so f*cking judgemental.

damm that looks sooo fun

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 0:42 Quote
I can vouch for goboxsocks being the biggest douscher on this site

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017611
Mobile Version of Website