Powered by Outside

The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Nov 1, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
Hi,

My BOS IDYLLE SC Air 2014 can be pisshed easily to 2/3 of ITS travel when Standing next to the Bike although I Use Higher pressure than needed... 82 Kilos 210 psi.

Sealings habe Been Changes recenetly after I bought this fork used.
Aß far AS can remember from earlier years this fork actually has good Support.

What is the reason and how can I Change IT to have more Support?

Posted: Nov 1, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
Hi,

My BOS IDYLLE SC Air 2014 can be pisshed easily to 2/3 of ITS travel when Standing next to the Bike although I Use Higher pressure than needed... 82 Kilos 210 psi.

Being able to push a fork to 2/3 travel is normal. I run about 7-10% sag on my dh fork, and can easily push it well past half travel without straining at all

Posted: Nov 1, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
bansaiman wrote:
Hi,

Feels softer than my DeVille and especcially as mezzer pro or ext Era.

Is IT somehow possible to make the negative chamber smaller?
Being able to push a fork to 2/3 travel is normal. I run about 7-10% sag on my dh fork, and can easily push it well past half travel without straining at all

Posted: Nov 1, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
bansaiman wrote:
Hi,

Feels softer than my DeVille and especcially as mezzer pro or ext Era.

Is IT somehow possible to make the negative chamber smaller?

Yeah you can. Bos use the piston shaft as an air chamber. Fill it with grease to reduce the volume. Just be careful next time you take the footnut off, unless you enjoy having a large amount of grease fired into your eyeballs

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 0:09 Quote
But am I correct that the old Idylle SC Air actually was a pretty supportive fork or do I Just remember Something illusional?

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 3:18 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
But am I correct that the old Idylle SC Air actually was a pretty supportive fork or do I Just remember Something illusional?

That depends on so many variables. They can be set up supportive or they can be set up soft. If yours feel noticeably softer than they used to when all settings are the same, id be looking at the damper rather than the air spring. It sounds like yours has been serviced recently. if so, the wrong weight oil or oil volume may have been used.

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 3:36 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
bansaiman wrote:

That depends on so many variables. They can be set up supportive or they can be set up soft. If yours feel noticeably softer than they used to when all settings are the same, id be looking at the damper rather than the air spring. It sounds like yours has been serviced recently. if so, the wrong weight oil or oil volume may have been used.

Never Had a fork that eats Up the travel so fast
So there must Something be wrong.

As Said,bought used. Let it Service at a Center.

When lettting all Air out the fork sucks itself so hard Into the travel until 2cm are left, that IT cannot bei pulled apart again. I rather suppose IT IS an overdilled negative spring. No?

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 4:14 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
bansaiman wrote:

Never Had a fork that eats Up the travel so fast
So there must Something be wrong.

As Said,bought used. Let it Service at a Center.

When lettting all Air out the fork sucks itself so hard Into the travel until 2cm are left, that IT cannot bei pulled apart again. I rather suppose IT IS an overdilled negative spring. No?

You can't really "overfill" a negative spring. The fork will suck down if you let the air out really fast, not giving the air enough time to escape from the negative through the transfer port.

If it was recently serviced at a service center and now it feels weird, why aren't you contacting them?

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 1:58 Quote
Oring list for BOS Deville 2014

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 3:02 Quote
Kysu wrote:

Nice thanks

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 19:07 Quote
I’ve just put a Bos Stoy 3 222mm x 68mm on my 2021 Commencal Meta TR. The imperial length shock and stock link was equal to my original RS super deluxe coil 210 x 55 and WRP mullet link. So still mullet with preserved original geo and now approx 165mm travel vs 140 original. Took a bit of tuning rebound and compression settings but now have it dialed. Super plush off the top for traction, supportive middle for boosting jumps and pumping and able to handle the bigger drops much more comfortably. So far so good!

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 22:18 Quote
Lumenous1 wrote:
I’ve just put a Bos Stoy 3 222mm x 68mm on my 2021 Commencal Meta TR. The imperial length shock and stock link was equal to my original RS super deluxe coil 210 x 55 and WRP mullet link. So still mullet with preserved original geo and now approx 165mm travel vs 140 original. Took a bit of tuning rebound and compression settings but now have it dialed. Super plush off the top for traction, supportive middle for boosting jumps and pumping and able to handle the bigger drops much more comfortably. So far so good!

You must be one of the few with a Stoy3. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts once you get a bit more ride time on it. Are you able to tell if it has hydraulic topout or not? does it thud at the end top of its stroke or is there a bit of a wooshing noise and it slows down?

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Lumenous1 wrote:

You must be one of the few with a Stoy3. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts once you get a bit more ride time on it. Are you able to tell if it has hydraulic topout or not? does it thud at the end top of its stroke or is there a bit of a wooshing noise and it slows down?

I have the Syors,so basically stoy3 with additional kickvalve. I do Not know technicalky as I have Not opened IT, but During Use there is No noticeable hard thud Nor feelable top Out Nor any Sound that would indicate an absence of a hydraulic topout.

To be Sure Just write BOS France an e-mail. After maximal 2 working days you should have a response

Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 9:00 Quote
Does someone run an Idylle 39SC?
If yes how does it run compared to a first generation ZEB?

Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 12:34 Quote
jackb17 wrote:
Does someone run an Idylle 39SC?
If yes how does it run compared to a first generation ZEB?

Freerideblog.de seems to Test the Idylle 39 DC And is all Over IT. Try to ask him

https://m.facebook.com/freerideblog/photos/pb.100064374802411.-2207520000./5306582749435439/?type=3&source=9&paipv=0&eav=AfZr4rmH9Q9On8t8_NOGQS13sCwvTWCTQ-_SpRc80GlCPDYmp-P6gn_y-Q-4-9sD0mQ

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014582
Mobile Version of Website