Powered by Outside

Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
I rode the parts biek I had to school..(a bike I had with all the old parts of my Kona on it) it wasn't a bad bike...best looking bike there though...I had a u-lock on it and it never got stolen...but I had 2 crappy tire bikes before that..a SuperCycle Hooligan and a Tech Team Quake...and both of them got stolen...both where $300+ bikes..they didn't even leave the locks behind....:/

and some dumbass stole the quick release skewer from the front of my wheel on my quake...I was like wtf? lol...

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
i jus ride i giant bolder to school

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
im making my katmandu into a ski bike, but im considering putting a couple bucks into fixing it up as a commuter during the summer. then again, i usually just take my bike (08 norco 125) into stores with me. if they say anything, i leave (with the bike of course...) i get some funny looks when i walk into save easy (local grocery store) with it, once someone was actually behind me waiting to get in, they didnt like the fact i was taking it in either...

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
I rode my lucky 7 to school the other day! My friend (rode a kona stinky) brought a chain. The links were 3/4 of an inch thick! We locked the bikes together using the chain, a U-lock and 2 other chains (threw the wheels).

Didnt have any problems. Went to cheq on the bikes after every class. We only got 7th and 8th graders looking at our bikes (kids... ).

Was fun because at lunch, we rode Smile

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
Ill try it sometime

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
I rode my lucky 7 to school the other day! My friend (rode a kona stinky) brought a chain. The links were 3/4 of an inch thick! We locked the bikes together using the chain, a U-lock and 2 other chains (threw the wheels).

Didnt have any problems. Went to cheq on the bikes after every class. We only got 7th and 8th graders looking at our bikes (kids... ).

Oh man you're lucky you actually have someone who rides at your school

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:

Oh man you're lucky you actually have someone who rides at your school
We are about 10 people who ride.
5 of us DH and 5 others do street!
I have some friends who also DH who go to other schools (in the region)!

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
Me and my three friends lock up together, GF oppie, Specialized Hardrock, a KHS dj25 and my bmx, when we lock up we have like 5 chain locks, and a u lock. Its awesome cause you cant even see my bike when we do it Wink

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
I hate the area I live in full of annoying rich kids, I may be moving so maybe their will be more ppl to ride with.

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
I hate the area I live in full of annoying rich kids, I may be moving so maybe their will be more ppl to ride with.
or less

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:

If you move to Leaside or Forest Hill, prepare for more of the same.

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
lately ive been biking to school on my ghetto norco, its brakeless, has a xc drivetrain, a fork that bottoms out if you even try to preload on it because i took the elastomer out, i'm putting this walmart front wheel on that i am going to beat the hell out of it, and i have an s-type rear. only reason i am using it it cause i hate commuting on my stp it pedals like shit now i need to repack all the bearings

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
I used to ride to school from time to time. Back in the day when I was in grade nine my buddy and I would go ride this rather large sidewalk gap at lunch, we had rather large crowds watching, good days. That was with my oldschool norco Ryde.

While I was in high school I rode my bighit to school every once in a while when I was going for a ride afterwards or what have you. I used to take it in the school and lock it in the coat room where no one could see it.

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
if u have a expensive bike at my school we put em in the office

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
why not unless is south central or somethin hey how do you make a forum like this iam a noob on pinkbike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.188766
Mobile Version of Website