Powered by Outside

2017 Meta 4.2

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta 4.2
Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
Has anyone used a coil on their meta V4.2 AM that doesn’t have a climb switch? Something like a DVO jade, CC DB or Marzocchi CR.

Did it ruin the pedalling performance of the bike? I really never use the lockout on my superdeluxe and climb fine, so I’m debating weather I would need one on a coil?

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 4:00 Quote
stedaly11 wrote:
Has anyone used a coil on their meta V4.2 AM that doesn’t have a climb switch? Something like a DVO jade, CC DB or Marzocchi CR.

Did it ruin the pedalling performance of the bike? I really never use the lockout on my superdeluxe and climb fine, so I’m debating weather I would need one on a coil?

I've got the Marocchi CR on mine and hasn't effected the peddling at all. Like yourself I never used the lockout on my air shock and it feels pretty much the same up hill.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
I just bought a 2018 fox x2 for my meta, but on the rear linkage the mounting holes need to be horizontal instead of vertical like the front, does anyone know how to move the mounting holes, I can’t find anything online and I don’t want to break my shock

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 22:08 Quote
I bought a super deluxe off a guy’s nomad and had the same problem, the eyelet on the damper was the wrong way. I sent it to rockshox and they took the damper off my old deluxe and put it on the super deluxe so I could mount it. Doesn’t help you, but yeah, now you and I both know to watch out for that, lol.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 0:26 Quote
you just can twist both eyeletts against each other, could be done easiely if you let out air (if air-shock)

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
quinnvisse wrote:
I just bought a 2018 fox x2 for my meta, but on the rear linkage the mounting holes need to be horizontal instead of vertical like the front, does anyone know how to move the mounting holes, I can’t find anything online and I don’t want to break my shock

You can rotate it to the right side with your hands.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
grafzahl wrote:
you just can twist both eyeletts against each other, could be done easiely if you let out air (if air-shock)

Dang, maybe I should’ve let the air out. For me though the eyelet that fit the nomad didn’t fit my meta so I needed to swap the damper anyway.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
lennyandcarl wrote:
grafzahl wrote:

Dang, maybe I should’ve let the air out. For me though the eyelet that fit the nomad didn’t fit my meta so I needed to swap the damper anyway.

Or maybe other diameter of the bushings to adapt the eyelet size ;-)

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
Anyone mullet their 4.2? Also, if anyone would be willing to measure their BB height I'd appreciative it! One site said 336mm, but never hurts to verify.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 21:20 Quote
Another question, I’m looking to throw a coil on. I’m about 175 with gear, and TF’s calculator puts me at a 350# spring. Does that sound accurate? Anyone about my weight with a coil that could shed some light?

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 0:26 Quote
For 80kg, I'd definitely recommend more than 350, more like 450. The suspension is not very progressive, and you'd want to overspring rather than underspring it. It works on a v4.2 (heck, people love putting coil springs on Orange bike or other linear bikes), if you're the kind of guy to huck to flat a lot, it probably won't last long.

But for the average joe, it'll be fine. You will probably bottom out where you weren't before, that's about it. Spring are pretty cheap unless you go for the lightweight versions like SLS springs, so I'd say start with a 450, and see what kind of sag you get, is the bottom bracket too low, do you bottom out a lot, ... And adjust from there to a 400 or 500.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
Thanks for the feedback!

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Another question, I’m looking to throw a coil on. I’m about 175 with gear, and TF’s calculator puts me at a 350# spring. Does that sound accurate? Anyone about my weight with a coil that could shed some light?

https://tech.commencal.com/tech_files/2017Susp_SpringRate_MetaRS.pdf

That’s a link to the recommended spring rates, from commencal, for the meta. If that’s any help.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
stedaly11 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

That’s a link to the recommended spring rates, from commencal, for the meta. If that’s any help.

Thanks for the doc!!!

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
stedaly11 wrote:

Ha, was on point with the 450! lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013870
Mobile Version of Website