Powered by Outside

Tyee 2020

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
I have a Tyee AL on order, due October 6, and will be using a Ohlins RXF 36 M.2 and Ohlins TTX Air. Does anyone have any specs for set up for this suspension on the Tyee? I will post pics once this thing gets here.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 16:51 Quote
Has there been any more consensus as to sizing? I read back through the thread and there was a lot of discussion at the beginning, but only a few people had their bike at the time.

I'm 189-190 cm and will be doing a lot of technical climbing as well as descending. With the reach/seat angle, I assume I'd be better off on an XL, but would like the shorter wheelbase for some local trails if I could get away with it.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 2:34 Quote
MarcusBrody wrote:
Has there been any more consensus as to sizing? I read back through the thread and there was a lot of discussion at the beginning, but only a few people had their bike at the time.

I'm 189-190 cm and will be doing a lot of technical climbing as well as descending. With the reach/seat angle, I assume I'd be better off on an XL, but would like the shorter wheelbase for some local trails if I could get away with it.
I’m 180cm and feel right at home on a L with the standard 50mm stem. Friend that’s 183cm had the same feeling as well. Have not had any taller friends test though.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 2:48 Quote
I am 184cm, and ride an XL with a 42mm stem, 180cm dropper and all happy here. Technical climbs, technical steep descents are where the bike is happiest. Just get the shock tuned by a professional cos it makes ALL the difference.

At 189-190cm you need an XL for sure, no doubt.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 6:42 Quote
180cm and ride a large with a 180 dropper… could go slightly longer on reach but think it would be too long in the seat/stand over. Works for me. Mix of trails, enduro /DH and steep stuff.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
6ft with a L with a 210mm One up dropper installed

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
Just purchased a demo 2022 Tyee CF Performance build (should be here before long). Decided to give a large a go, I am 5'10" and 32" inseam. I tend to go back and forth with Large/Medium depending on the bike, so hopefully I chose correctly.

Couple questions, I am hoping to be able to fit in at least a 180mm dropper, 160 is not enough for me. Based on what I am reading here, something like a OneUp with it's shorter insertion work? Also, I am hoping to swap in a coil in place of the air. Does the RS Ultimate Coil that comes specced on some bikes have a special Tyee specific tune or would an off the shelf one be fine and what spring weight are people using? I am 210# geared up. I know different suspension curves and shock lengths impact what spring weight to use, on my Wreckoning I used a #475 and my RIP 9 RDO used a #550 if I recall. Any suggestions?

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 2:57 Quote
jhatfie wrote:
Just purchased a demo 2022 Tyee CF Performance build (should be here before long). Decided to give a large a go, I am 5'10" and 32" inseam. I tend to go back and forth with Large/Medium depending on the bike, so hopefully I chose correctly.

Couple questions, I am hoping to be able to fit in at least a 180mm dropper, 160 is not enough for me. Based on what I am reading here, something like a OneUp with it's shorter insertion work? Also, I am hoping to swap in a coil in place of the air. Does the RS Ultimate Coil that comes specced on some bikes have a special Tyee specific tune or would an off the shelf one be fine and what spring weight are people using? I am 210# geared up. I know different suspension curves and shock lengths impact what spring weight to use, on my Wreckoning I used a #475 and my RIP 9 RDO used a #550 if I recall. Any suggestions?
5,11” ~190lbs here, not sure on inseam though. Feels good with a 500 spring on my RS SD. Got a 160mm BY Revive on my large and a 185mm would probably work when slammed. But I’ve actually come to the conclusion that I don’t want the saddle slammed when riding park but rather have the saddle as a support against the thigh for certain moves (by recommendation from Robin Wallner).

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
Utter wrote:
5,11” ~190lbs here, not sure on inseam though. Feels good with a 500 spring on my RS SD. Got a 160mm BY Revive on my large and a 185mm would probably work when slammed. But I’ve actually come to the conclusion that I don’t want the saddle slammed when riding park but rather have the saddle as a support against the thigh for certain moves (by recommendation from Robin Wallner).

Thanks for the feedback. I do a decent amount of steep and loose technical terrain so extra drop is always helpful. Looking at the Propain site, it seems to suggest I should use between a 550-600#. Thinking I might just get the 550-610# Springdex which should hopefully cover me, never tried one before. Looking at a used RS SD Ultimate or just getting a new 2023 for $150 more which will have the hydraulic bottom out and more adjustments, which seems like it might be $$ well spent.

Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 6:54 Quote
180lbs naked and use a 650 on the tyee. It's a bit on the softer side still.
I'm 6 feet and the 210 mm dropper from one-up fits well, 1 cm out.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 15:22 Quote
Thanks for the sizing advice!

I just looked at the Propain (US) website and it seems like they don't have any coil options in stock and no droppers above 160mm, so we'll see when both might come in stock. I emailed them, but haven't heard back yet.

Edit: It sounds like they won't have any coil shocks for the Tyee in stock until next year. Makes my choice harder as it becomes less of a slam dunk value wise if I'm going to be switching out multiple parts.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 2:42 Quote
Simzesun wrote:

Interesting... I am the same weight and height and am running my spindex at 550, which works for the drops and technical trails i mainly ride.I do like the extra 20% progressiveness on the end of the Sprindex. You got me thinking I could run a heavier spring now Smile

I would be keen to hear what you ride - style etc that meant you put on a heavier string?

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
MarcusBrody wrote:
Lawpants wrote:
How are you guys liking the Tyee for climbing up steep techy singletrack. I live in the CO front range and have a Ripmo AF right now, which is mostly really great. I tried out the Hugene a few months ago and loved it, so wondering if I could just stick with one bike and go with the Tyee.

Thanks!

I'm also all ears if people have experience. I live outside of Las Vegas, so I ride mostly loose, rocky, singletrack with steep sections/shoots and am considering the Tyee for that (oddly like many in the thread I wanted a Ripmo AF for a while for the same stuff but never pulled the trigger).

I think I'm pull the trigger and put in an order for the Tyee frame. I have a Ripmo AF and will be swapping everything to the Tyee frame. I'll be running DVO Onyx & a Jade X.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
SkinnieAF wrote:
MarcusBrody wrote:
Lawpants wrote:
How are you guys liking the Tyee for climbing up steep techy singletrack. I live in the CO front range and have a Ripmo AF right now, which is mostly really great. I tried out the Hugene a few months ago and loved it, so wondering if I could just stick with one bike and go with the Tyee.

Thanks!

I'm also all ears if people have experience. I live outside of Las Vegas, so I ride mostly loose, rocky, singletrack with steep sections/shoots and am considering the Tyee for that (oddly like many in the thread I wanted a Ripmo AF for a while for the same stuff but never pulled the trigger).

I think I'm pull the trigger and put in an order for the Tyee frame. I have a Ripmo AF and will be swapping everything to the Tyee frame. I'll be running DVO Onyx & a Jade X.

I will be very eager to hear your experience!

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Simzesun wrote:

Interesting... I am the same weight and height and am running my spindex at 550, which works for the drops and technical trails i mainly ride.I do like the extra 20% progressiveness on the end of the Sprindex. You got me thinking I could run a heavier spring now Smile

I would be keen to hear what you ride - style etc that meant you put on a heavier string?

Hi ! I ride steep technical stuff with big jumps and drops, and I do have a bmx background and like to push hard on the legs on big compressions. With the 600 I bottomed out every ride and the frame had too much movement.
With the 650 it was better and I had it custom valved to add damping (rockshox is notoriously known for the very light tunes). Now it's almost perfect!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010721
Mobile Version of Website